Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Obviously the "ARMY" logo that has been put by his board name was put there by mistake.

I don't believe ANY veteran, of ANY branch, would say something so ASININE.
    I don't know about that but the fact that he (she) wrote that tells me everything I need to know about that person.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    "Military trinkets"? Are you shitting me??? Obviously you have no fucking idea what the hell you are talking about! Some of those "trinkets" represent far more honor, integrity and service than you will ever know. If you don't know what those words mean...google them and educate yourself...

and yes, you have managed to piss me off... and that is not easy to do.
    Was waiting on you, Sergeant Major. He claims to be one of yours ...
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Was waiting on you, Sergeant Major. He claims to be one of yours ...
    Ain't one of mine. Claiming and being are two different things. As you well know, there are a few "undesirables" in every branch. Besides, he strikes me a nothing more than a rock with lips....
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

5. Thanks Gunny, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Don't associate with liars.

Quote Originally Posted by GravyBoat View Post
    There's no such thing as "stolen valor" and unless it can be proven that he profited financially the law will hold him blameless. If he was "well liked" and established a color guard, that shows his innocence. All of those military trinkets mean essentially nothing, life is just a one-act play and this guy was simply fulfilling a role, he really did nothing wrong.

GravyBoat. Would you feel the same if he joined you at the VFW, and started bragging about how much of a hero he wanted everybody to believe he is?

If people like him want to play a roll..They should Go to Hollywood, dress up, and prove how PHONY they are. I would personally avoid talking to him. I knew many like him while I was on active duty for my 30 years. None of them deserved to wear any uniform, other than DOG catcher, or HEAD/LATRINE cleaners. Bottom line. THEY ARE ALL LIARS.
    I despise LIARS, no matter who they pretend to be.
    Last edited by aboutime; 12-19-2017 at 08:17 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

7. Thanks CSM, High_Plains_Drifter, Gunny, Elessar thanked this post
    Likes CSM, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    GravyBoat. Would you feel the same if he joined you at the VFW, and started bragging about how much of a hero he wanted everybody to believe he is?

If people like him want to play a roll..They should Go to Hollywood, dress up, and prove how PHONY they are. I would personally avoid talking to him. I knew many like him while I was on active duty for my 30 years. None of them deserved to wear any uniform, other than DOG catcher, or HEAD/LATRINE cleaners. Bottom line. THEY ARE ALL LIARS.
    I despise LIARS, no matter who they pretend to be.
    About what I said earlier, trinkets is what he thinks, so he wears them like a bauble. And I've been to VSO clubs where they lie about their service, they admit as much, they all get together once a month and brag. And so much petty bickering, I was a member of American Legion and Disable American Veterans, and all they did was petty bicker about everything. The DAV chapter I joined, guys were using that to get free stuff all over town, claiming to "help vets" but they were just helping themselves.

I've sat in the VFW bar in town many times, one guy is knocking another guy about his service, the next night the other guy is in there knocking the first guy about his service, both accusing the other of lying.

And a lot of guys wear hats with their branch of service or boat with service ribbons on them, which is nothing more than bragging, although the Holy Bible taught me to avoid vainglory and not to be boastful. I never brag about my service, I rarely ever mention it, there's nothing there worth bragging about or mentioning, it was just another job to me.

Also, when I see someone wearing a lot of military ribbons, it doesn't impress me, I left the military nearly 30 years ago. And it doesn't bother me if some braggart wants to play dress-up. I don't care if someone is or was a Navy Seal, Green Beret, or Cook - we're all the same rank in God's army.

As for the stolen valor laws, unless someone creates a business deception then no law is broken. I realize my opinion is unpopular and you give me bad rep points, but free speech is intended to protect unpopular opinions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    "Military trinkets"? Are you shitting me??? Obviously you have no fucking idea what the hell you are talking about! Some of those "trinkets" represent far more honor, integrity and service than you will ever know. If you don't know what those words mean...google them and educate yourself...

and yes, you have managed to piss me off... and that is not easy to do.
    Woke up, had to take some meds-was on here just to read a short bit. But your excellent comment forced me to log in and respond.
    Yes, any person that calls military service awards, purple hearts, etc, ""trinkets"" automatically becomes suspect in my book.
    "" honor, integrity and service"" ,that is exactly what the stolen valor guy trashed by lying about his service.

And the comment belittling those award by calling them mere -""trinkets""- was by any standard an insult IMHO.
    HELL, PISSED ME OFF TOO- AND I NEVER EVEN SERVED!
    Good call CSM, GOOGLE WOULD BE A GOOD PLACE FOR GRAVY TO START, IMHO.. or a handy dictionary if he has one.-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

About what I said earlier, trinkets is what he thinks, so he wears them like a bauble. And I've been to VSO clubs where they lie about their service, they admit as much, they all get together once a month and brag. And so much petty bickering, I was a member of American Legion and Disable American Veterans, and all they did was petty bicker about everything. The DAV chapter I joined, guys were using that to get free stuff all over town, claiming to "help vets" but they were just helping themselves.

I've sat in the VFW bar in town many times, one guy is knocking another guy about his service, the next night the other guy is in there knocking the first guy about his service, both accusing the other of lying.

And a lot of guys wear hats with their branch of service or boat with service ribbons on them, which is nothing more than bragging, although the Holy Bible taught me to avoid vainglory and not to be boastful. I never brag about my service, I rarely ever mention it, there's nothing there worth bragging about or mentioning, it was just another job to me.

Also, when I see someone wearing a lot of military ribbons, it doesn't impress me, I left the military nearly 30 years ago. And it doesn't bother me if some braggart wants to play dress-up. I don't care if someone is or was a Navy Seal, Green Beret, or Cook - we're all the same rank in God's army.

As for the stolen valor laws, unless someone creates a business deception then no law is broken. I realize my opinion is unpopular and you give me bad rep points, but free speech is intended to protect unpopular opinions.
    I did not neg rep you. I'm not one to neg-rep people. I may have a couple of times in umpteen years, but those were for extremely foul-mouthed comments made directly to me.

I think it was the "trinkets" comment that got to us. It was insensitive. My dad received a Bronze Star in WWII, in the Italian campaign, and I can tell you, it was the real deal. I would hate to hear someone refer to that as a trinket. These guys put their lives right on the line. A trinket to me is something more like, say, an Oscar.

And my father was the farthest thing from a braggart. We had to practically pull information out of him about his war experiences. My oldest brother served in Viet Nam, and only recently decided to talk about that experience.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

11. Thanks Kathianne, CSM, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, CSM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Trinkets, huh? What's wrong? Don't have any?

They mean nothing to anyone but me, and I don't feel the need to share, so mine are in the closet in the box where they went when I retired. I also do not go places where displaying them would be appropriate for the occasion. I have one Marine Vietnam vet friend in my little circle. Everyone else is a civilian. When I go on base every 3-4 years, my name is Gunnery Sergeant and I have the ID card to flash at the appropriate occasion.

Point being ... I don't go anywhere that they would matter IF I chose to display them. I did however earn every damned one the hard way. That you relegate them to "trinkets" tells me a LOT if you actually served.

YOU on the other hand appear by your own statements to frequent places where veterans congregate and displaying such things as unit patches, awards and such and where they are considered appropriate. If you go to the VFW where everyone and his 2 month old puppy KNOWS veterans hang out and swap sea stories why act all butt hurt because what you find is veterans swapping sea stories, displaying their service/units/awards? Seems to me you'd be happier at an antifa gathering where you can disrespect any-and-everything.

Yes, you have the freedom of speech those vets bought you. So do we. Your Right does not negate ours. I don't know a thing about the negs, but it stands to reason that just like you going to the VFW, you walked into the wrong place to display your attitude. Common sense is also a privilege you have every Right to exercise.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

13. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default TRINKETS are those little Dingleberries....commonly called TURDS.

Gravy. "TRINKETS" are what John (Vietnam War Hero) called the ribbons he threw over the White House Fence, after bowing down, and kissing "NotsoFonda Jane's" butt after she BETRAYED American prisoners of War in The Hanoi Hilton.

Anybody who awards themselves....Like Kerry did, with his 3 (self appointed) Purple Hearts is....GUILTY OF STOLEN VALOR!

He is a Phony War Hero...in his own Liberal, sick-ass, Empty mind who became the new Millennial VERSON of NEVILE CHAMBERLAIN who helped Obama sell this nation down the river of HATE with the IRAN deal.
    So...anybody who calls them TRINKETS, needs to stick them up their ARSE if they really wanna be seen as Hero's.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

15. Thanks Black Diamond, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Trinkets, huh? What's wrong? Don't have any?

They mean nothing to anyone but me, and I don't feel the need to share, so mine are in the closet in the box where they went when I retired. I also do not go places where displaying them would be appropriate for the occasion. I have one Marine Vietnam vet friend in my little circle. Everyone else is a civilian. When I go on base every 3-4 years, my name is Gunnery Sergeant and I have the ID card to flash at the appropriate occasion.

Point being ... I don't go anywhere that they would matter IF I chose to display them. I did however earn every damned one the hard way. That you relegate them to "trinkets" tells me a LOT if you actually served.

YOU on the other hand appear by your own statements to frequent places where veterans congregate and displaying such things as unit patches, awards and such and where they are considered appropriate. If you go to the VFW where everyone and his 2 month old puppy KNOWS veterans hang out and swap sea stories why act all butt hurt because what you find is veterans swapping sea stories, displaying their service/units/awards? Seems to me you'd be happier at an antifa gathering where you can disrespect any-and-everything.

Yes, you have the freedom of speech those vets bought you. So do we. Your Right does not negate ours. I don't know a thing about the negs, but it stands to reason that just like you going to the VFW, you walked into the wrong place to display your attitude. Common sense is also a privilege you have every Right to exercise.
    I never said I was butt hurt. Nor did I say you'd no right to complain. You've gotten much exercise here, jumping to conclusions and flying off the handle. All I said was that the law doesn't recognize "stolen valor" as a crime, nobody can steal such a thing. And they've asked me many times to join the VFW but I'm not going to go through all that again.

Napoleon said with enough ribbon he could conquer the world, but such things don't mean anything to me any longer, as a Born Again Christian I see Militarism as a severe mental illness, war is nothing but a folly. Militarism and war appeals to those who enjoy living in the past, living to create a world where the follies of history are destined to repeat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

I never said I was butt hurt. Nor did I say you'd no right to complain. You've gotten much exercise here, jumping to conclusions and flying off the handle. All I said was that the law doesn't recognize "stolen valor" as a crime, nobody can steal such a thing. And they've asked me many times to join the VFW but I'm not going to go through all that again.

Napoleon said with enough ribbon he could conquer the world, but such things don't mean anything to me any longer, as a Born Again Christian I see Militarism as a severe mental illness, war is nothing but a folly. Militarism and war appeals to those who enjoy living in the past, living to create a world where the follies of history are destined to repeat.
    Speaking of jumping to conclusions ... try not to assume YOU are worth flying off the handle.

I merely responded to YOUR words; which, I will do again ... you did NOT merely state the law doesn't recognize stolen valor as a crime. You had to denigrate military people and their awards in the process. Then you respond to a non sequitur ... that stolen valor is a an actual crime punishable by law. No one has said that it is.

"Stolen valor" IS the term coined to describe defrauding people by posing as some kind of a hero, no specifically military, when in reality they are not.

Militarism is a reality in the world in which you breathe. It and the people behind it could care less what you think of it, and/or whether nor not you breathe frankly. It's decided every argument since Man first decided to fight over what each other had. Too bad if you don't like it.

I am not a member of ANY veterans groups and could care less whether or not you are. Your generic description of stereotypical veterans doesn't answer the question mark YOU placed over your own head. If none of it matters, why does it say "US Army" by your userID? You have to provide the info for it to be there. Guess it mattered?

Blow smoke up someone else's ass, huh? Playing semantics may work at we-both-know-where-you-came-here-from, but I don't see any of those people's graveyards over here. Just their graves.

18. Thanks Black Diamond, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

You should get a job on a hot air balloon, just talk underneath the balloon and there's no need for propane tanks, so much hot air, you'd be in outer space before too long.
    Last edited by GravyBoat; 12-20-2017 at 05:52 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

You should get a job on a hot air balloon, just talk underneath the balloon and there's no need for propane tanks, so much hot air, you'd be in outer space before too long.
    I hope the 3rd grader you stole THAT from isn't subject to YOUR "intellect" on a regular basis.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

You'll have to excuse me, but the skeptic in me thinks this story is bull shit.

I don't believe you were in the military, I don't believe you've been in a VFW bar, and I don't believe you've ever been a Legion or DAV member.

You're very short on specifics and long on the insults, which just conveniently fits right in with your constant SHITTING on the military. I've been in PLENTY American Legion bars and NEVER heard two veterans bickering about medals or back stabbing themselves when the other isn't around. That's pure horse shit. In fact, VETERANS are some of the best friends I've ever had, and since less than 1% of the public is a veteran or ever joins the military, we're a pretty select crowd, and as far as I've ever seen, we all get along pretty damn good too. So you're stories just sound like BULL CRAP.

You're a fraud and a troll.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 12-21-2017 at 12:22 PM.

22. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I guess they could burn him. The damage is already done to both he and veterans. He's a done deal unless he gets a whole new identity somewhere else. Even civilians don't like frauds (except Democrats) and are hesitant to hire them. Who wants to hire a fraud?

As far as "stolen valor" goes, he disrespected everyone that ever wore a uniform and EARNED the right to wear it and earned the decorations the hard way. I say lock him in a room with the rest of the real vets in his unit and let THEM "discuss" it with his sorry ass.

I don't know that they can do anything to civilians for impersonating military personnel, especially impersonating former or no longer active military personnel. If he was on active duty, the Army would probably fix his ass right up. The Marines would be a guaranteed max punishment and at least General under other than honorable conditions discharge and a reenlistment code of RE4 (undesirable for service).

I don't get the point to it, myself. These guys work harder at pretending to be something they weren't than if they just went and took the job.
    He could be recalled to Active duty to face the appropriate punishment. That option is always
    on the table!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!