Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Trump Has Record Number of Judges Confirmed in 1st Year

Dianne Feinstein of California is not happy with how quickly these judges have been confirmed. Oh well. It's not an easy task to accomplish, so tough tootsies on her!

---

Trump Has Record Number of Judges Confirmed in 1st Year

President Donald Trump's 12th federal appeals court nominee was approved by Senate Republicans — setting the record for the most circuit court picks confirmed during a president's first year in office, Axios reported.

Trump's selection of young, conservatives for the lifetime posts will easily outlast his presidency. The judges have significant say in almost every area of policy, according to Axios.

The Senate confirmed James Ho to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, on Thursday, HuffPost noted.

Ho's confirmation officially broke the record for Trump, who now surpasses Presidents Richard Nixon and John F. Kennedy, who had 11 circuit court judges approved in their first year, according to the Axios. By comparison, President Barack Obama had just three.

Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, noted the record-setting confirmation in a tweet:

But Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, the ranking Democrat on the Judiciary Committee, blasted Republican efforts to push through the confirmation, Axios reported.

She noted the "speed at which these judges are being rammed through the process is stunning."

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/don.../15/id/832021/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks LongTermGuy, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy, Taco Junkie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

yeah, there's some awesome trumplings being nominated

like this guy

kennedy is a republican, btw

4. Thanks GravyBoat thanked this post
    Likes GravyBoat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post

like this guy

There's a lot of folks during the nominee process that fuck up, sometimes for judges and other positions.

Either way, the "trumpling" is in, whether folks laugh at them or not. Whether folks like the speed or not. Whether folks like Trump or not.

#Winning
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

like this guy

Might as well fight fire with fire. Push comes to shove, it works.

And Diane Feinstein can kiss my Marine ass and I came REAL close to telling her to do so to her ugly face. I wouldn't care what her opinion was on boiling water. I'm sure she can fuck it up though.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks Black Diamond, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    There's a lot of folks during the nominee process that fuck up, sometimes for judges and other positions.

Either way, the "trumpling" is in, whether folks laugh at them or not. Whether folks like the speed or not. Whether folks like Trump or not.

#Winning
    i make no secret of my contempt for trump and anyone over the age of forty who voted for him.

if you think having incompetent judges on the federal bench is *winning*, you deserve what you'll get.

this clown will only see the inside of a federal judges chambers as a tourist

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

i make no secret of my contempt for trump and anyone over the age of forty who voted for him.

if you think having incompetent judges on the federal bench is *winning*, you deserve what you'll get.

I think we already have incompetent judges on the Federal bench. Replacing them with "your flavor of choice" didn't just happen because of Trump. I don't give a shit about Trump. Whoever puts conservative justices on the bench is at least keeping Dems out. When Trump is being stupid I say so. When he's hurting the other side, I'm not going to bitch when he's doing what I want.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I think we already have incompetent judges on the Federal bench. Replacing them with "your flavor of choice" didn't just happen because of Trump. I don't give a shit about Trump. Whoever puts conservative justices on the bench is at least keeping Dems out. When Trump is being stupid I say so. When he's hurting the other side, I'm not going to bitch when he's doing what I want.
    it's a country, not a football game.

you might want to keep that in mind as you cheer for more incompetence on the federal bench

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

it's a country, not a football game.

you might want to keep that in mind as you cheer for more incompetence on the federal bench
    I didn't order for anything. Don't assume here, Del. You can take a poll on how much of a Trump fan I am if you want. I just don't hate the guy. His personality sucks and he was AFTER my last choice for Republican nominee. Which was STILL a notch above the criminal or the commie. Any Democrat that loses is a good Democrat.

Not my FIRST shitty hand. Probably not the last. I'm playing with what I've been dealt and while I'm quick to call Trump a dick, he's also been doing a lot of things people on the right have been screaming for the GOP to do for years. Shoving the same shit they deal right back down the Dems throats is one of them.

13. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Taco Junkie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

#Winning

Yup....But some folks caint help themselves and love to show off what "CNN" has to offer...like special little "clips"....and a whole bunch of "sources say" Garbage...These folks who do this are Never Trumpers....and wish Hillary won....

**Back on topic...Good for Trump...The man is doing well and Pissing off the left and Never Trumpers...

15. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Taco Junkie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Only Trump would nominate a dude who never tried a case and didn't know law 101 terms. I have a first year law student friend who is appalled he didn't know some of that.
    Last edited by pete311; 12-16-2017 at 01:47 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

To be clear, then: you've contempt for anyone who thought it worthwhile to vote for a person promising to 'drain the swamp' in Washington ?

You've contempt for someone patriotic enough to unashamedly take an 'America first' line ... and work hard to further this ?

You've contempt for a person who will do what it takes, fight whatever battles he must, to push through promises and an agenda which he WAS VOTED IN TO ACHIEVE ?

Perhaps your contempt extends to anyone in power who tries to undo the damage Obama did, during his terms in Office ?

OK, Del ... tell us, are you pro-Democrat, and do you have reverence for Obama ? Do you hate the fact (it appears you do ?) that the American People exercised their democratic right to vote in a President, and leadership, that THEY wanted to see in charge ?

How do you feel about the democratic process, anyway ? Do those voting in a manner you don't approve of, deserve scorn for DARING to do so ?

Del -- I'm British. I envy America for having a figure such as Trump they can call upon to be patriotically fired-up to do all he can for his country. I wish we in the UK had someone, ANYONE, comparable to Trump today. Del ... you just don't know how fortunate you are.
    Last edited by Drummond; 12-16-2017 at 09:00 AM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

18. Thanks Taco Junkie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Only Trump would nominate a dude who never tried a case and didn't know law 101 terms. I have a first year law student friend who is appalled he didn't know some of that.
    Consider: what political background did Donald Trump have, before he was elected President ? But he's doing an enviable job in the White House. He is a 'new broom sweeps clean' sort of figure. He works hard to keep election promises, fighting as he must those who hate him for it.

If Trump's example is a meritorious one -- AND IT IS -- then, it seems to me that someone 'inexperienced' as you claim this nominee to be, will bring a freshness to his job which may well do him, and his country, a power of good.

Perhaps your only real reason for opposition here is that he is seen to be a so-called 'Trumpling' ... h'mm ? Perhaps, if he is one, and brought a massive amount of experience with him, you'd still offer the same strength of opposition ?
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

... and the leftist whine and cry... boo freakin' hoo... yes when they do that, that's winning... you're doing something right.

21. Likes Taco Junkie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Consider: what political background did Donald Trump have, before he was elected President ? But he's doing an enviable job in the White House. He is a 'new broom sweeps clean' sort of figure. He works hard to keep election promises, fighting as he must those who hate him for it.

If Trump's example is a meritorious one -- AND IT IS -- then, it seems to me that someone 'inexperienced' as you claim this nominee to be, will bring a freshness to his job which may well do him, and his country, a power of good.

Perhaps your only real reason for opposition here is that he is seen to be a so-called 'Trumpling' ... h'mm ? Perhaps, if he is one, and brought a massive amount of experience with him, you'd still offer the same strength of opposition ?
    Then next time you need a brain surgeon, ask the man who cleans the toilets. Being a judge is a highly technical and specialized job. Joe the plummer can't be a judge.
    Last edited by pete311; 12-16-2017 at 10:30 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    ... and the leftist whine and cry... boo freakin' hoo... yes when they do that, that's winning... you're doing something right.
    Even from this community, this thinking is highly stupid and you know it. You're just trolling. You don't put joe the plummer in secretary of defense just because it would make liberals mad.