Yes, I love them. There was this place in Madison on States Street just down from the Capitol building that was called "The Parthenon." It was owned and operated by Greeks and they made the best Gyros I've ever had in my life. I've been on a mission since to find anywhere that could make them that good, and the mission has failed, from Florida to Nevada. So, what's a guy to do but start looking at recipes and make your own... so I did... and with very good results.

The meat is the hardest part. I had to go to a butcher shop to find the veal, and luckily I have a food processor powerful enough to mix the meats and seasonings, even though it did struggle near the end of mixing. You then form it into a blob, cook it uncovered half way, then turn it over and cook it the rest of the way, then wrap it up and let it rest overnight. Same with the Tzatsiki Sauce. Mix it up using only real Greek yogurt and let it rest overnight. Get the pita bread, dice up some onions and tomatoes, take the meat out and thinly slice the meat and heat it in a pan, throw it in the pita bread, slap on the tzatsiki sauce, lay on the onions and tomatoes and WOW... Gyros... better than most restaurants.