Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Well I guess we disagree on places to visit. I love the city, though rarely have driven down there for 15 years, always take the train. About the same time I moved to AZ, my youngest moved to the city-so now he picks me up and drives me. Door-to-door, gotta love it. Once in his place, we walk or jump on the el. With the last move their apt is only about 10 min on el to Bean. The lake is about 3 miles east of his abode, not a bad walk. Lots of restaurants in the neighborhood, though I miss being able to walk to Smoque!

Then again, I think Madison is beautiful and would love to live there. That my politics would be outside the norm there would only make things more interesting.

It's going on 4 years of rather rural living, my inner suburban self is coming out. Looking to work in Phoenix suburbs.
    I'm confused and lost just reading that...

I never did like big cities, and I've never been on a subway or an el. If I can't drive there, I'm never going to go there...

Yeah living out here in a tiny little town has it's draw backs, but to me, I'm sure what some would see as the downside, I see as the upside. The internet did make things better, seeing as I can order just about anything anyone else has and have it delivered. Fancy restaurants, no, we surely don't have any of those. That was one of the perks living in Reno and Vegas was the world class restaurants, and can't forget the buffets that seemingly go on forever. I do miss that.

I went to the grocery store yesterday and forgot to buy Pita bread, so I made an alternative Gyro without the bread. I heated up three kind of thick slices of my Gyro meat, plated them and then covered them with an ample layer of fresh Tzatsiki sauce, then piled on diced onions and tomatoes and wow, that was GOOD. I do the same thing with tacos. I crush up Doritoes and then cover them with taco meat, then pour on taco sauce, then a nice layer of shredded cheese, then the diced onions and tomatoes, instant tacos on a plate, that's good stuff.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 12-18-2017 at 12:20 PM.