Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default 6 things you didn’t know about Jesus in Islam

In honor of the holiday, here are six things you may not know about the role of Jesus — and his mother, Mary — in Islam:

1. Jesus, Mary, and the angel Gabriel are all in the Quran (as are Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, and a bunch of other Bible characters).
    2. Muslims believe that Jesus (called "Isa" in Arabic) was a prophet of God, was born to a virgin (Mary), and will return to Earth before the Day of Judgment to restore justice and to defeat al-Masihad-Dajjal ("the false messiah"), also known as the Antichrist. All of which may sound pretty familiar to many Christians.
    3. Mary (called "Maryam" in Arabic) has an entire chapter in the Quran named for her — the only chapter in the Quran named for a female figure. In fact, Mary is the only woman to be mentioned by name in the entire Quran: As noted in the Study Quran, "other female figures are identified only by their relation to others, such as the wife of Adam and the mother of Moses, or by their title, such as the Queen of Sheba." Mary is mentioned more times in the Quran than in the entire New Testament.
    4. Just as with all the other prophets, including Mohammed, Muslims recite, "Peace be upon him" every time they refer to Jesus.<figure class="e-image"> <figcaption>The name "Jesus, son of Mary" written in Arabic calligraphy, followed by "peace be upon him."</figcaption> <cite>بلال الدويك</cite> </figure>
    5. Muslims believe that Jesus performed miracles: The Quran discusses several of Jesus's miracles, including giving sight to the blind, healing lepers, raising the dead, and breathing life into clay birds.
    6. The story of Jesus's birth as told in the Quran is also the story of his first miracle, when he spoke as an infant in the cradle and declared himself to be a prophet of God. Here's the story:

And remember Mary in the Book, when she withdrew from her family to an eastern place. And she veiled herself from them. Then We [God] sent unto her Our Spirit [the angel Gabriel], and it assumed for her the likeness of a perfect man. She said, "I seek refuge from thee in the Compassionate [i.e., God], if you are reverent!" He said, "I am but a messenger of thy Lord, to bestow upon thee a pure boy."
    She said, "How shall I have a boy when no man has touched me, nor have I been unchaste?" He said, "Thus shall it be. Thy Lord says, ‘It is easy for Me.’" And [it is thus] that We might make him a sign unto mankind, and a mercy from Us. And it is a matter decreed.
    So she conceived him and withdrew with him to a place far off. And the pangs of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a date palm. She said, "Would that I had died before this and was a thing forgotten, utterly forgotten!" So he called out to her from below her, "Grieve not! Thy Lord has placed a rivulet beneath thee. And shake toward thyself the trunk of the date palm; fresh, ripe dates shall fall upon thee. So eat and drink and cool thine eye. And if thou seest any human being, say, ‘Verily I have vowed a fast unto the Compassionate, so I shall not speak this day to any man.’"
    Then she came with him [the infant Jesus] unto her people, carrying him. They said, "O Mary! Thou hast brought an amazing thing! O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not an evil man, nor was thy mother unchaste." Then she pointed to him [Jesus]. They said, "How shall we speak to one who is yet a child in the cradle?"
    He [Jesus] said, "Truly I am a servant of God. He has given me the Book and made me a prophet. He has made me blessed wheresoever I may be, and has enjoined upon me prayer and almsgiving so long as I live, and [has made me] dutiful toward my mother. And He has not made me domineering, wretched. Peace be upon me the day I was born, the day I die, and the day I am raised alive!"
    That is Jesus son of Mary— a statement of the truth, which they doubt.
    So although Muslims do not believe that Jesus is the son of God — an important distinction between Muslim and Christian views of him — Muslims do revere Jesus as an important prophet.

https://www.vox.com/2017/12/18/10660...hristmas-quran

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Go preach your muslim cult garbage somewhere else.

3. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

thanks for sharing.

Some of the most-close-to-God people I've known in life are Muslim. Unfortunately, Evil takes the shape of Christ and Muhammad at times.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

5. Thanks Great warrior thanked this post
    Likes Taco Junkie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I guess there was a pretty stark contrast in those two posts...

I make no qualms about that fact that I truly despise islam.

9/11 introduced me to it, and not much about it has changed since. I am an infidel, so muslims believe they should kill me. That doesn't leave me much other choice but to hate them in return.

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 12-19-2017 at 09:14 AM.

7. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Great Warrior: that little point you made that Muslims don’t believe Jesus is God, makes all the difference in the world.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

10. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Abbey, Why would you think he (another human) is (the creator) of humans ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Go preach your muslim cult garbage somewhere else.
    I thought the author isn't even muslim but just found this on her Twitter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Great warrior View Post
    Abbey, Why would you think he (another human) is (the creator) of humans ?

.....That Jesus of Nazareth was truly and fully human was plain enough to those who saw and heard and touched and shared life with him (1 John 1:1).

No one questioned his humanity during his ministry......*What was not apparent at first, and revealed carefully and convincingly in his life and resurrection, was that he also was God.`

But the reality of a human-divine Christ stretches our comprehension even further still. Perhaps trickiest of all, Jesus not only has a divine will, but also a human will. We affirm two wills in Christ — one divine and one human. Again, the tracks are laid by two key texts:
    “I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me.” (John 6:38)`

http://jesusdailydose.com/jesus-is-fully-human/
    Last edited by LongTermGuy; 12-19-2017 at 04:16 PM.

14. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Great warrior View Post
    I thought the author isn't even muslim but just found this on her Twitter.
    Why don't you tweet her back and tell her how your book tells you that you can BEAT HER?

Maybe she's into that...

16. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Taco Junkie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

The "6 things I don't know" don't bother me. The things I ALREADY know mean I don't need to hear more except "we surrender unconditionally".
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    The "6 things I don't know" don't bother me. The things I ALREADY know mean I don't need to hear more except "we surrender unconditionally".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I do not hate Muslims nor their religion. If they want to play with their camels in their sand dunes that's THEIR problem. When they want to bring their camels into MY yard and play with them, we got a big f*kkin problem. Radical Islam s a thread, and making non-radicals a problem by forcing them to flee to our country(ies).

That's the threat assessment. History has proven time and again the only way to stop them is to kill them all. I do the same thing when fire ants get in my yard. You destroy the nest and some get out and build more nests and you destroy those too. Sooner or later, they either die or go find another yard.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I do not hate Muslims nor their religion. If they want to play with their camels in their sand dunes that's THEIR problem. When they want to bring their camels into MY yard and play with them, we got a big f*kkin problem. Radical Islam s a thread, and making non-radicals a problem by forcing them to flee to our country(ies).

That's the threat assessment. History has proven time and again the only way to stop them is to kill them all. I do the same thing when fire ants get in my yard. You destroy the nest and some get out and build more nests and you destroy those too. Sooner or later, they either die or go find another yard.
    I DO hate muslims, and for good reason... and they ARE in OUR backyard, and I don't like it... is THIS "ASSIMILATING?"

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 12-19-2017 at 05:42 PM.

21. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I DO hate muslims, and for good reason... and they ARE in OUR backyard, and I don't like it... is THIS "ASSIMILATING?"

I caint stand them...I know enough about them to say that....trust me.

In America they are rotten...dont assimilate...very deceitful and play games...caint stand looking at them and bringing their 3rd world Garbage here ..like its Halloween...only thing that keeps the comfy is Liberalism...for now...

23. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post