Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    I don't know that Kennedy would see a difference.
    If not, guess the military is screwed. Honestly I don't know why any fags or confused folks want to join the military. Just a matter of time. They WILL be discriminated against one way or the other, Socially shunned.

I'm glad I retired and am away from that social experimentation crap. When I was in, it was feinstein trying to proven women were as good at being men as men. If you were gay in my unit, your ass was placed under guard for your protection and you got the fastest discharges I ever saw. I can't even imagine what the Col would have thought of someone tuning in an AA requesting his dick get cut off so he could then be a she and GET dicked.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by high_plains_drifter View Post
    it appears that in a sense, i am right. When the constitution refers to the 3 coequal branches of government, when referring to the judicial branch, it means the supreme court, but... But... It appears congress has the say as to whether or not a lower, "federal" court, has the authority to allow a lower circuit court to override a directive or eo from the president of the united states... Or am i reading this wrong?

article iii.

section. 1.

the judicial power of the united states, shall be vested in one supreme court, and in such inferior courts as the congress may from time to time ordain and establish. the judges, both of the supreme and inferior courts, shall hold their offices during good behaviour, and shall, at stated times, receive for their services, a compensation, which shall not be diminished during their continuance in office.

https://www.archives.gov/founding-do...ion-transcript
    *bump*

???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    *bump*

???
    Maybe that's why trump called the guy a "so called " judge.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Maybe that's why trump called the guy a "so called " judge.
    Well... I've done it a few times already, and I think I'll do it again, and write a letter to Speaker Ryan who is from Wisconsin like myself, and see if he can explain to me why these "lower courts" are being allowed to over ride the president, when it would "appear" that congress has the authority to either allow it or not.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 12-22-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

*bump*

???
    Our law is based on English law and the rule of juris prudence. Legal precedent by judicial ruling is consider law, unless overturned; which, courts are notoriously hesitant at doing. Meaning the good old boy network doesn't like to step on each other's toes.

The former would not be a problem except for the latter. Then the Supreme COurt picks and chooses what it will even listen to.

What you need is the basis for the judge's decision. IIRC, it was that Trump does not have the authority? Or was that ruling against him over cutting funding for sanctuary cities?

It's touchy ground but the President is the CinC of the US military which is under the jurisdiction and control of the Federal government, not any individual state or region. IMO, he makes the rules. The leftwingnuts seem to think otherwise and are playing their usual bullshit games.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Our law is based on English law and the rule of juris prudence. Legal precedent by judicial ruling is consider law, unless overturned; which, courts are notoriously hesitant at doing. Meaning the good old boy network doesn't like to step on each other's toes.

The former would not be a problem except for the latter. Then the Supreme COurt picks and chooses what it will even listen to.

What you need is the basis for the judge's decision. IIRC, it was that Trump does not have the authority? Or was that ruling against him over cutting funding for sanctuary cities?

It's touchy ground but the President is the CinC of the US military which is under the jurisdiction and control of the Federal government, not any individual state or region. IMO, he makes the rules. The leftwingnuts seem to think otherwise and are playing their usual bullshit games.
    Well this is what the constitution says...

The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish.

So far as I can understand, when the judicial branch is referred to as an equal branch of power, the constitution means the SUPREME COURT, and these lowers courts are governed by congress. So if these little circuit court judges are being allowed to over ride the president, then they're doing so because congress is ALLOWING them to do so, thus, they have the power to stop it... no?
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 12-22-2017 at 07:03 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Well this is what the constitution says...

The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish.

So far as I can understand, when the judicial branch is referred to as an equal branch of power, the constitution means the SUPREME COURT, and these lowers courts are governed by congress. So if these little circuit court judges are being allowed to over ride the president, then they're doing so because congress is ALLOWING them to do so, thus, they have the power to stop it... no?
    You misunderstood. The lower court appointees are ratified by Congress. They are however, part of the judicial branch ultimately subordinate to the US Supreme Court. Those are Federal courts.

State courts are subordinate to the states.

Then you have appellate courts. have no idea how all the shit is set up. I just think there's something wrong with pissant activists overruling the President.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default But...there is a BOTTOM LINE....nobody remembers.

https://www.google.com/search?num=20....0.oBQhadxwt28
    According to that same Constitution. The President is the Commander In Chief of ALL Military. So...his word is the Final Word. Not the Judiciary when it comes to Military.

Commander in Chief Powers | Wex Legal Dictionary / Encyclopedia ...
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/comm...n_chief_powers
    Commander in Chief Powers. Article II Section 2 of the U.S. Constitution, the Commander in Chief clause, states that "[t]he President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States."

.................................................. ......

The President's Exclusive Power to Direct Military Operations
    https://constitutioncenter.org/...co...military.../25
    If the United States undertakes military operations, either by authorization from Congress or under the President's independent powers, the Constitution makes the President Commander in Chief of all U.S. military forces, and Congress cannot give command to any other person. But can Congress itself direct how the ...
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

The civilian court and apparently some others in the Federal government forgot. I mentioned early on the US Military is a Federal force, not a local one. States don't get to tell the FBI or DEA what to do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I'm thinking of getting breast implants and applying to OCS, I want to be in charge of the Pentagon's feng shui, I want to do the whole place in cowhide.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Gravy train tranny service.

Quote Originally Posted by GravyBoat View Post
    I'm thinking of getting breast implants and applying to OCS, I want to be in charge of the Pentagon's feng shui, I want to do the whole place in cowhide.

We all thought YOU ALREADY had the IMPLANTS. As for applying for OCS.
    "Obama's Coward School" might let you be in charge of the Chicago branch of ACORN, under the Pentagon where the Liberal Cesspool from the DNC gets it's waste water from the more than 100 REST ROOMS in the Giant building. You may need the cowhide to protect your KNEE'S....while Kissing Liberal BUTTS.
    So, this is for them.

12. Likes GravyBoat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    We all thought YOU ALREADY had the IMPLANTS. As for applying for OCS.
    "Obama's Coward School" might let you be in charge of the Chicago branch of ACORN, under the Pentagon where the Liberal Cesspool from the DNC gets it's waste water from the more than 100 REST ROOMS in the Giant building. You may need the cowhide to protect your KNEE'S....while Kissing Liberal BUTTS.
    Okay, that made even me laugh. That was a pretty good comeback.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GravyBoat View Post
    Okay, that made even me laugh. That was a pretty good comeback.

Thanks. I only deal with the TRUTH. Funny or not.
    So, this is for them.