Professor and researcher, Michael Hudson, says the Holy Bible has been mistranslated for a long time. He says that "sin" means monetary debt, and that the "forgiveness of sins" means a debt jubilee, like they did in ancient times, which is like bankruptcy today. Sin doesn't mean a moral interpretation of right and wrong. Therefore, Jesus died for our monetary debts.

I've long said, religion is nothing more than man's attempt to deny himself the importance of money. I've never believed in the concept of "Original Sin" or that I'm condemned for not accepting Jesus. Then consider the weird mushroom cult stuff of Ancient Hebrews and Churches, today's churches and synagogues are even weirder because their legacy is forgotten.

Also, because they don't know where they came from, many churches are split by schisms; abortion, gay marriage, gay ministry, differing biblical interpretations. The Church of England will soon split over the issue of sodomy. Although you don't have to be religious to know that sodomy is wrong, you just have to be a pervert to know that sodomy is right.

Here's some recent populist nonsense you'll hear in many churches: "God hates the sin but loves the sinner." Wrong. That's like saying, "God loves purple but red and blue." Churches have become schizophrenic. Ever since the burning of the Library in Alexandria, the single most disastrous event in human history, nothing's been the same.

Anyway, here's the link to Michael Hudson and the real meaning of sin:

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2017...-not-sins.html