Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default That's Right... BOOZE Wasn't Enough to INEBRIATE America...

We need RETAIL DOPE for sale too... IDK... far as I'm concerned the jury is still kinda out on this. Is it really a GOOD thing for America, or is just another way the government sees as MAKING MONEY ON SALES TAXES and the repercussions be damned? Granted... if I had to choose either make booze or pot legal but not both, I'd probably say pot. But isn't modern day cultivated pot getting so strong that just one hit can scramble your brains?

http://www.newsweek.com/marijuana-da...emories-688807

Hippy dream now a billion-dollar industry with California set to legalise cannabis

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ollar-industry
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-01-2018 at 12:57 AM.

2. Likes GravyBoat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

That's awesome, smoking weed is awesome. I ain't smoked weed in years but it's awesome. Now we just need to get rid of the tax on it.

Illinois has medical weed, but no way am I going to pay $50 a year to the most corrupt state in the union. Then you have to get fingerprinted, so I'd have to drive 100 miles to the nearest place for that and pay $75 bucks. Then see a doctor and fill out a lot of paperwork. Then the nearest dispensary is like 100 miles away.

Illinois has a program for veterans in this medical weed thing, I send them a release and they get full access to my VA medical records. Oh, hell no.

Five or six years ago, I looked into financing the growing of weed for Illinois medical weed, they wanted like a million dollar cash bond. Oh, hell no. They'd find some way to get that, drum up some charge and take it.

What the country needs is recreational pot and industrial hemp, just like it was back in 1776.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

They have a pot called Rick Simpson Oil that's used for treating seizures and cancers, it has no psychoactive properties. But then they have some stuff that's really strong, one little hit and you're in outer spaqce. A buddy of mine dated this chick whose son grows it on the West Coast. My buddy got all this great weed, didn't even tell me about it, I'd have gone and visited him, but they broke up.

I keep saying I'm going to Colorado and smoke weed for a month, but I never seem to get around to it.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Let each be accountable for their choices. Legallize pretty much all of it.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

6. Thanks Kathianne, Elessar thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GravyBoat View Post
    That's awesome, smoking weed is awesome. I ain't smoked weed in years but it's awesome. Now we just need to get rid of the tax on it.

Illinois has medical weed, but no way am I going to pay $50 a year to the most corrupt state in the union. Then you have to get fingerprinted, so I'd have to drive 100 miles to the nearest place for that and pay $75 bucks. Then see a doctor and fill out a lot of paperwork. Then the nearest dispensary is like 100 miles away.

Illinois has a program for veterans in this medical weed thing, I send them a release and they get full access to my VA medical records. Oh, hell no.

Five or six years ago, I looked into financing the growing of weed for Illinois medical weed, they wanted like a million dollar cash bond. Oh, hell no. They'd find some way to get that, drum up some charge and take it.

What the country needs is recreational pot and industrial hemp, just like it was back in 1776.

I haven't smoked any dope for ages. I used to love it, even when I was in the military, but the weed we used to get was pretty dang weak. I could guys could split a bowl, 2 or 3 hits apiece and be good, get a mellow buzz, but this stuff nowadays, there's some stuff that just half a hit and you're a drooling basket case, and in some cases are actually over dosing.

I can go to the bar and throw back a couple shots and a few beers and walk out of there virtually sober as a judge. Can't do that with pot. So if they're going to let this super weed be available any and everywhere, then I think grain alcohol, like moon shine should be just as legal and available, and you watch, that's what will be next. The moon shiners will say, "well if you're going to let every mom and pop grow weed and sell it, then we want to be able to sell our shine."

IDK... I just see our nation being twice as fucked up as it is now. It's just simple logic... twice as many ways to toast your head, then twice as many people toasted twice as often... just what we need.

I think what truly driving this is the government slathering over all that tax money. They could give a crap less about what effect it has on society. When it comes to our government, GREED rules the day.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-01-2018 at 09:37 AM.

8. Likes GravyBoat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    We need RETAIL DOPE for sale too... IDK... far as I'm concerned the jury is still kinda out on this. Is it really a GOOD thing for America, or is just another way the government sees as MAKING MONEY ON SALES TAXES and the repercussions be damned? Granted... if I had to choose either make booze or pot legal but not both, I'd probably say pot. But isn't modern day cultivated pot getting so strong that just one hit can scramble your brains?

http://www.newsweek.com/marijuana-da...emories-688807

Hippy dream now a billion-dollar industry with California set to legalise cannabis

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ollar-industry
    I don't care if it's made legal. I never saw the difference in impairment between the two, regardless the pothead argument. You smoke weed, you're impaired.

As my mother pointed out to me however, WAY back in the 70s, it's illegal. Regardless states doing whatever the f- they want, it is is STILL against Federal law. A LOT of people died to resolve that issue. If this is how it's going to be, I want mine to secede so we can quit carrying states like CA and it's illegal pot industry and sanctuary cities.

They can have their pot and we can keep our flags.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Thanks LongTermGuy, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

So, where it's legal, does that mean you can smoke it in bars?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    Let each be accountable for their choices. Legallize pretty much all of it.
    I used to be dead set against weed. I cannot tolerate it - too many concussions.

But now I say legalize it and control it like legal booze, wine, and beer.
    Keep it away from schools!

The hard drugs? Away with allowances for them!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    LOL. That would be hilarious. Marijuana yes but no marlboros.

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Taco Junkie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GravyBoat View Post

Yeah. Like back in 1776, when all of the Wagons, and Buggies being pulled by horses did 65 MPH on the Interstates, with all of the DUI Horsepowered drunks who closed the bars at LAST CALL. Lots of Liberal Logic there???
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I don't care if it's made legal. I never saw the difference in impairment between the two, regardless the pothead argument. You smoke weed, you're impaired.

As my mother pointed out to me however, WAY back in the 70s, it's illegal. Regardless states doing whatever the f- they want, it is is STILL against Federal law. A LOT of people died to resolve that issue. If this is how it's going to be, I want mine to secede so we can quit carrying states like CA and it's illegal pot industry and sanctuary cities.

They can have their pot and we can keep our flags.
    As long as the government laws say weed is illegal, Coastie boarding teams will still conficate even personal use amounts of weed,
    test the boat operator for impairment, and hand the weed over to local authority. A US Magistrate will not prosecute for personal use amounts.

But bulk quantites are a different story. That is considering trafficing for sale and will be prosecuted.

There is NO mercy for hard drugs. That goes up to a Federal Magistrate no matter the amount.

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    As long as the government laws say weed is illegal, Coastie boarding teams will still conficate even personal use amounts of weed,
    test the boat operator for impairment, and hand the weed over to local authority. A US Magistrate will not prosecute for personal use amounts.

But bulk quantites are a different story. That is considering trafficing for sale and will be prosecuted.

There is NO mercy for hard drugs. That goes up to a Federal Magistrate no matter the amount.
    Right, but you're talking more along the lines of smuggling. If you get caught, you're busted.

These people aren't smuggling it. They're growing it. Each of those "legal" head shops has enough weed for the Feds to move on and they don't. They don't have to cross the US border with it.

I'm more thinking what sort of example are States setting? Why should I give a crap about THEIR stupid rules if they presume to pick and choose which Federal laws they're going to follow?

18. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Right, but you're talking more along the lines of smuggling. If you get caught, you're busted.

I'm more thinking what sort of example are States setting? Why should I give a crap about THEIR stupid rules if they presume to pick and choose which Federal laws they're going to follow?
    THAT is the hugest problem!

State Laws do not over ride Federal Law, and that where it has become lax since Bill Clinton was in
    the top chair.

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I think it's along the lines of no tobacco smoke, no weed smoke, although Denver allows it.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...115-story.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A doped up society is easier to control. Look at mental institutions - they keep the patients doped up and they're easier to manipulate. The government can continue to grow and take over more control of our lives if we no longer care just so long as we get our daily fix of pot, EBT health food (Doritos, Kools, malt liquor), and Tass (aka the main stream media) telling you what's good for you and the masses of asses all eating it up as gospel.

22. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post