Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Once Again ... Jerry Jones

Apparently, the former 3rd string QBs job is safe, but a bunch of assistant coaches need to go, according to Jones. Newsflash Jerry: YOU and your progeny need to go. Let's review:

Jones fires Landry which Landry finds out from watching the TV. There will NEVER be any forgiveness for THAT. He hires Jimmy Johnson. Fresh off a National Title, Johnson is in tune with college players and recruits a bunch of brand names that pan out and wins 2 Superbowls, back to back. Jones' ego is hurt and he gets into it with Johnson and Johnson walks. Jones hires Switzer her fucks up the next season, then rolls to one more title win with what's left of Johnson's team.

Jones is now in sole charge of player personnel and recruiting. Superbowl rings since then? 0

He constantly has dumped all-pro defensive players all over the NFL but can't seem to get a defense of his own. He's got a good offensive nucleus and a grade school gameplan. That was great when Prescott was a rookie an no one knew what to expect. Now? Not so much.

Seems to me what the Cowboys need is to be minus 2 Joneses.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Elessar, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Apparently, the former 3rd string QBs job is safe, but a bunch of assistant coaches need to go, according to Jones. Newsflash Jerry: YOU and your progeny need to go. Let's review:

Jones fires Landry which Landry finds out from watching the TV. There will NEVER be any forgiveness for THAT. He hires Jimmy Johnson. Fresh off a National Title, Johnson is in tune with college players and recruits a bunch of brand names that pan out and wins 2 Superbowls, back to back. Jones' ego is hurt and he gets into it with Johnson and Johnson walks. Jones hires Switzer her fucks up the next season, then rolls to one more title win with what's left of Johnson's team.

Jones is now in sole charge of player personnel and recruiting. Superbowl rings since then? 0

He constantly has dumped all-pro defensive players all over the NFL but can't seem to get a defense of his own. He's got a good offensive nucleus and a grade school gameplan. That was great when Prescott was a rookie an no one knew what to expect. Now? Not so much.

Seems to me what the Cowboys need is to be minus 2 Joneses.
    I am a Redskins fan that loved the rivalry between the teams when Landry was the coach and Tex Schram the owner.
    What Jones did to Landry was a SIN!

All he has done since is look for 'Bright Shiney Things', known punks and petty criminals.

Dan Snider did the same with the 'Skins with the 'Bright Shiney Things' as if an NFL Team is
    the same as playing Fantasy Football. HE wised up! Jones has not.
    Last edited by Elessar; 01-04-2018 at 07:14 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I am a Redskins fan that loved the rivalry between the teams when Landry was the coach and Tex Schram the owner.
    What Jones did to Landry was a SIN!

All he has done since is look for 'Bright Shiney Things', known punks and petty criminals.

Dan Snider did the same with the 'Skins with the 'Bright Shniney Things' as if an NFL Team is
    the same as playing Fantasy Football. HE wised up! Jones has not.
    Tex Schram was the General Manager. Clint Murchinson was the Owner. Like an owner should be. He hired COMPETENT General Manager and Coach instead of thinking having the money and owning the team made him an expert.

I used to like it when Landry was coach and George Allen for the Skins. It made hating easy. George Allen could piss off Jesus
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Tex Schram was the General Manager. Clint Murchinson was the Owner. Like an owner should be. He hired COMPETENT General Manager and Coach instead of thinking having the money and owning the team made him an expert.

I used to like it when Landry was coach and George Allen for the Skins. It made hating easy. George Allen could piss off Jesus
    That was a great time!

I remember one commercial Landry did...can't recall the business, but his closing line was
    "It is difficult when you are surrounded by Redskins!"
    Last edited by Elessar; 01-04-2018 at 08:03 PM.

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    That was a great time!

I remember one commercial Landry did...can't recall the bisiness, but his closing line was
    "It is difficult when you are surrounded by Redskins!"
    It was American Express. Threy had him in a duster using his AmEx surrounded by Washington Redskins.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

It was American Express. Threy had him in a duster using his AmEx surrounded by Washington Redskins.
    Yep! That's the one! Marvelous and so damn funny!

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

10. Thanks Elessar thanked this post