Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    and this has something to do with supporting a return to Reagan policy ?
    We learned when Reagan pulled out after the Marine barracks attack, if you show weakness to terrorists (as we did during the eight years of Clinton) they will keep coming at you

Libs seem to think if the US runs away from Iraq, the terrorists will change their ways and become law abiding citizens

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Most Americans want to succeed in Iraq (except the kook left) and war is not run by polls
    Look...you were the one who said that polls showed a willingness to give the surge a chance...I dispute that assertion. I certainly think that nearly ALL Americans want us to succeed in Iraq..... it is in the definition of "success" that there is a lack of unanimity.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    Look...you were the one who said that polls showed a willingness to give the surge a chance...I dispute that assertion. I certainly think that nearly ALL Americans want us to succeed in Iraq..... it is in the definition of "success" that there is a lack of unanimity.
    Liberals do NOT want success in Iraq. Libs see a lossin Iraq as a defeat for Pres Bush. They are to blinded by their hate to see it is a loss for America and a huge win for the terrorists

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Fox News has released a poll that proves once again that Democrats either don’t want us to win in Iraq, or at the very least “don’t know” if they do, which is just as bad (emphasis added):

Do you personally want the Iraq plan President Bush announced last week to succeed?

Overall: 63% Yes 22% No 15% Don’t Know

Democrats: 51% Yes 34% No 15% Don’t Know

Republicans: 79% Yes 11% No 10% Don’t Know

Independents: 63% Yes 19% No 17% Don’t Know
    I noted another poll which documented the Dem’s desire for the President to fail in Iraq in this post last September, but some people complained that the question, which read “would you say you want President Bush to succeed or not?” was ‘too vague’ because it didn’t specifically mention Iraq, even though we all know that Iraq is the issue and has been since even before the war started. In any event, there’s no mistaking it now: 34% of Dems want us to fail in Iraq, and 15% “don’t know” which to me is the same thing, because if you have to even consider whether or not you want the President to fail in Iraq, then you haven’t taken hoping for failure off the table.

What other tidbits did we find out from the latest Fox poll?

16. If you were a member of Congress, how would you vote specifically on increasing U.S. troop levels in Iraq — would you vote for or against funding the increase in troops?

Overall: 38% For 57% Against 5% Don’t know
    Democrats: 17% For 79% Against 4% Don’t know
    Republicans: 64% For 32% Against 4% Don’t know
    Independents: 39% For 52% Against 9% Don’t know
    That’s not really that surprising though, but this one should be (emphasis added):

17. Regardless of how you would vote on sending more troops to Iraq — If you were a member of Congress, would you vote to continue funding the current level of U.S. troops in Iraq or would you vote against funding the war altogether to try to force a troop withdrawal?

Overall: 52% Yes 41% No 6% Don’t know
    Democrats: 33% Yes 59% No 8% Don’t know
    Republicans: 77% Yes 19% No 4% Don’t know
    Independents: 53% Yes 43% No 4% Don’t know
    Got that? 59% of Democrats say they would vote against funding the current level of US troops in Iraq in order to try and force a troop withdrawal and 8% “don’t know” (uh huh).

Bbbbut they support the troops.

Right?

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/...oxnewspoll.pdf

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Liberals do NOT want success in Iraq. Libs see a lossin Iraq as a defeat for Pres Bush. They are to blinded by their hate to see it is a loss for America and a huge win for the terrorists
    that is not the case. President Bush is not running for election again.... I have no desire to see American troops sacrificed for a stupid stupid war, but I do not want America to EVER fail. You do yourself a disservice by restating that inflammatory and inaccurate position.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is the reason libs need the Unfainess Doctrine, they need to silence conservatives so only the liberal message will get through
    Ot's not so much that the libs want to silence conservatives as it is the libs want to force people to listen to them. Left to consumer choice, we have seen how few people will actually listen to the libs on their own, and we know that conservatives tend to be able to attract a willing audience fairly easily.

Why do you think the libs are so unwilling to revamp the education system here in America? It's because they have a captive audience for their brainwashing, errr... re-education.

It's the same thing on a different platform.
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

that is not the case. President Bush is not running for election again.... I have no desire to see American troops sacrificed for a stupid stupid war, but I do not want America to EVER fail. You do yourself a disservice by restating that inflammatory and inaccurate position.
    The why do libs block everything Pres Bush wants to do to fight the terrorists?

At the Pro Terrorist Rally in DC last Sat, I saw alot of anti Bush, anti war, and anti military signs

I did not see ONE anti terrorist sign

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CockySOB View Post
    Ot's not so much that the libs want to silence conservatives as it is the libs want to force people to listen to them. Left to consumer choice, we have seen how few people will actually listen to the libs on their own, and we know that conservatives tend to be able to attract a willing audience fairly easily.

Why do you think the libs are so unwilling to revamp the education system here in America? It's because they have a captive audience for their brainwashing, errr... re-education.

It's the same thing on a different platform.
    It seems libs are willing to let the folks make a choice as long as the left approves the choice made

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The why do libs block everything Pres Bush wants to do to fight the terrorists?
    because many liberals, myself included, believe very fervently, very strongly, that nearly everything that Bush has done or wants to do to fight terrorists has been counterproductive to that cause and has only served to make us poorer, fewer, less safe, and more despised.

I am a patriot. I love my country. I want nothing more than to see America revered and respected in the world and for Americans to be safe and secure at home. I honestly believe that the path George Bush is taking us down will NOT lead to that result.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and as a veteran, I know full well that it is very possible to be PRO-military and ANTI-Iraq war. I know full well that the military's job is to go wherever the suits in DC tell them to go and do what they are told to do to the very best of their ability.... I KNOW that they are doing exactly that.

I happen to disagree with the mission the administration has sent them on...that has no impact whatsoever on my support and affection and pride in our brave men and women trying to accomplish that mission.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So which republican is upset about the fairness doctrine? I think the globalist neocons too are happy that freedom of speech will be shut down even more, considering that their agenda is too obvious to deny anymore.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

because many liberals, myself included, believe very fervently, very strongly, that nearly everything that Bush has done or wants to do to fight terrorists has been counterproductive to that cause and has only served to make us poorer, fewer, less safe, and more despised.

I am a patriot. I love my country. I want nothing more than to see America revered and respected in the world and for Americans to be safe and secure at home. I honestly believe that the path George Bush is taking us down will NOT lead to that result.
    Si if we are less safe, why have we not had another attack on US soil?

Why do libs want to run away from the terrorists in Iraq?

Why do libs want to grant US Constitutional right to foreign terrorists?

Why do libs want to have terrorists tried in Federal Courts?

Why do libs want to stop the NSA from doing it's job?

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So if we are less safe, why have we not had another attack on US soil?

I think the reason we have not had another attack on US soil has little to do with our actual, long term, strategic safety. It has been five years since 9/11 and you think we are safe because we have not had attacks here, yet more Americans have died in Iraq since March of '03 than died in the attacks of 9/11. I think the world is a more dangerous place today because of our invasion/conquest/occupation of Iraq.... the Iranians are stronger because we don't do anywhere near as good a job as Saddam did in keeping a lid on their regional hegemony.... and our preoccupation in Iraq has meant that we have NOT placed the diplomatic emphasis on Iran... their surrogate in Lebanon, Hezbollah is stronger and their influence over the region has increased as much as ours has waned....Norht Korea is stronger and effectively bitchslapped us by testy firing a ballistic missile on our birthday and then setting off a nuke a few months later and we can't do SHIT about that because the entire focus of this sophomoric foreign policy team is Iraq 24/7. Osama is still right where he was on 9/11 and we have still been unable to track him down or mute his influence. The world IS a much less safe place to be...the fact that we have not had another attack on our soil notwithstanding.

Why do libs want to run away from the terrorists in Iraq?

the terrorists in Iraq are Iraqis fighting each other. I got no reason to give a shit about sunnis killing shiites and shiites killing sunnis. I have no dog in that fight at all...but wait...I DO have a dog in that fight: I've got 130 thousand of my countrymen getting killed by sunnis AND shiites and for WHAT? THe whole fucking world has terrrorists all over the place. I think we should concentrate on whupping up on the terrorists who want to do US harm and leave those that only want to do harm to their rival sect of Islam alone!

Why do libs want to grant US Constitutional right to foreign terrorists?

I don't. I certainly want to make sure that in our efforts to FIGHT the scum that attacked us, we do not sink to their level...but I have never suggested that foreign terrorists get CONSTITUTIONAL rights...they certainly should have HUMAN rights and we certainly should follow appropriate treaties that, once signed by our government, do, in fact, become the LAW of the LAND.... treaties like theConvention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment. And if you want to bitch about detainees being afforded rights under the Geneva Convention, I suggest you talk to your cowboy pResident. He was the one who gave them THAT.

Why do libs want to have terrorists tried in Federal Courts?

I don't. I just want to make sure that whenever anyone is brought to the bar of justice by this country, that it not be a kangaroo court. I have never espoused federal courts for terrorists

Why do libs want to stop the NSA from doing it's job?

I don't. But I want them to NOT violate my constitutional rights or any other citizen's constitutional rights when they do it.

any more questions?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So when we are not attackes no credit given to Pres Bush and the security forces for doing their job. But if we are hit again libs will blame Pres Bush

How did NK get nukes? Clinton and Halfbright. They took the word of the fat dog eater and were shocked when he lied to them. (The missle you ranted about crashed in the sea)

Terrorists are in Iraq so libs want us to leave. Or as Motor Mouth Murtha said redeploy to Okinawa where the real terorists are. There is a winning plan - leave the enemy where they are and go where they are not

So what is torture. I have heard libs rant how screaming at them is torture. No sleep or food for 24 hours is torture/ Lives are at stake and libs want to coddle the killers

Terrorists should go before a military court. Libs forget their idol FDR did that and they cheered. Of course, libs had a spine during WWII

Unless you are a terrorist, your rights are not being harmed. If you posted your views in other countries you would be dead by now

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSage View Post
    So which republican is upset about the fairness doctrine? I think the globalist neocons too are happy that freedom of speech will be shut down even more, considering that their agenda is too obvious to deny anymore.
    I don't agree that Republicans are all neo-con globalists, but I will agree that none of the current GOP elected officials is worth their salt.

Newt Gingrich 2008!!