Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Bearded Dragon eating

I fed him some freeze dried crickets and some cut up cactus pieces, he loves them both! Hard to get crickets when it's so cold out.

I had JUST started video taping the little bugger and my phone rang, hence the "god damnit" about 5 seconds in. I know, I'm bad for using his name when angry.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I fed him some freeze dried crickets and some cut up cactus pieces, he loves them both! Hard to get crickets when it's so cold out.

I had JUST started video taping the little bugger and my phone rang, hence the "god damnit" about 5 seconds in. I know, I'm bad for using his name when angry.

Migod, I fought a Boss that looked just like this in Dark Souls...............

He beat me a bunch of times.

3. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Oh thank goodness. I was afraid you fed him your fish!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Oh thank goodness. I was afraid you fed him your fish!
    I wonder? Had I cut up 'ol fishy in small squares...... Hmmmm....... But I don't think that's part of their natural diet wandering around dry and desert type climates.

Besides, I felt bad for a few hours after flushing big blue. Could have sworn I saw him move as the water was swirling. But he was upside down and deader than a doornail when I took him out of the water.

I think Mr. Lizard might like the cactus better.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

THAT'S YOUR CRITTER??!!

That's just TOO COOL, man!

Awesome.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    THAT'S YOUR CRITTER??!!

That's just TOO COOL, man!

Awesome.
    I'll see if I can get a video of him when I so much as touch his head. Normally these dragons can be friendly. Not mine, he blows up like a balloon, and if you push your luck he will hiss at you, and push it further and it's game on - and he'll lunge at you if you stick your hand in there!!

9. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I'll see if I can get a video of him when I so much as touch his head. Normally these dragons can be friendly. Not mine, he blows up like a balloon, and if you push your luck he will hiss at you, and push it further and it's game on - and he'll lunge at you if you stick your hand in there!!
    Too cool... there were these little Gecos all over Florida and I thought they were such cute little buggers. One day I caught one and let it lose in my apartment to eat bugs. I never saw him for awhile and then one morning I woke up and he was laying on my hip. I guess it was warm. I didn't mind. I was just glad he was still alive. He took off and I never saw him again. Probably found some hole to crawl in and split.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-11-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

What does Nero think of him?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Too cool... there were these little Gecos all over Florida and I thought they were such cute little buggers. One day I caught one and let it lose in my apartment to eat bugs. I never saw him for awhile and then one morning I woke up and he was laying on my hip. I guess it was warm. I didn't mind. I was just glad he was still alive. He took off and I never saw him again. Probably found some hole to crawl in and split.
    Here's another video I took of him a short while ago. If you watch, he'll flatten out like a long balloon right after I touch his head. He gets even worse when I touch the rest of him. But once I pick him up, that's it, game on! He didn't hiss or jump, but I think you can see he wasn't pleased with me at the end of this video.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    What does Nero think of him?
    He is absolutely obsessed with the lizard, and I mean true love!!

When we first got the lizard he was a baby, and he lived in a 20 gallon fish tank that was on the floor (with a tight lid). Nero would lay on the ground on any side of it and just STARE at the poor thing. I figured he wanted to eat him, but then he would roll over on his back and reach out to the glass gently.

Now the big cage is on the top of a dresser, and also in my sons room where the door is always shut. You can get in there easily enough, but 9 out of 10 times when you open the door to leave, that quick little bugger will fly in there. If you're outside the door, you can see what he does, he literally paws at the doorknob, and presses his nose against the crack of the door, and is in like lightning when you open it!!!

But since he knows he's not allowed in there, he runs under the bed now! PITA!!

14. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Man I got to look twice at these titles

I thought you had a recipe for these critters you were gonna share
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.