Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default New Steelers stuff... but boy am I in trouble!

The stuff was all kinda related to the Susan G Komen foundation. I have a soft spot for women's cancer related stuff, or really any cancer related stuff. Now add in Steelers memorabilia? Well, it's a no brainer!

And while the money goes to one of the greatest causes of all, that hardly means this comes cheap!! But it's one of those once in a lifetime purchases for me, to add to my other 2,000 once in a lifetime purchases!! But seriously, I don't have a lot of signed stuff. My best prior to this is a signed Rod Woodson plaque.

Now I have a sweet and very large photo of Big Ben & Antonio Brown - and BOTH of them signed it!!!

Then I found a pair of gloves signed by Antonio Brown - in pink because it was donated to the SK foundation. Not exactly cheap, but they're now all mine!!

And right next to them was another pair, who would have thunk it?

So costly. And yes, everything comes with certificates of authenticity, from very reputable places of course. The only thing possibly better than this would have been if Le'veon Bell was in the photo and signed it. All three Killer Bees in one.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Taco Junkie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    The stuff was all kinda related to the Susan G Komen foundation. I have a soft spot for women's cancer related stuff, or really any cancer related stuff. Now add in Steelers memorabilia? Well, it's a no brainer!

And while the money goes to one of the greatest causes of all, that hardly means this comes cheap!! But it's one of those once in a lifetime purchases for me, to add to my other 2,000 once in a lifetime purchases!! But seriously, I don't have a lot of signed stuff. My best prior to this is a signed Rod Woodson plaque.

Now I have a sweet and very large photo of Big Ben & Antonio Brown - and BOTH of them signed it!!!

Then I found a pair of gloves signed by Antonio Brown - in pink because it was donated to the SK foundation. Not exactly cheap, but they're now all mine!!

And right next to them was another pair, who would have thunk it?

So costly. And yes, everything comes with certificates of authenticity, from very reputable places of course. The only thing possibly better than this would have been if Le'veon Bell was in the photo and signed it. All three Killer Bees in one.
    I think I'd call it an 'investment.' One you're going to hang onto.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Sweet!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I think I'd call it an 'investment.' One you're going to hang onto.
    True. I don't think I would sell any of my Steelers stuff. They're all just for show, and my weird superstitions!! Now that the season is over, and the playoffs start for them this weekend, my living room has slowly been invaded by all my helmets, towels, figurines, hats, plaques and even my massive flag is outside, and the smaller on the wall above the tv.

The woman thinks I'm bonkers - but after all of these years, she is now a huge Steelers fan and puts up with my weirdness. LOL

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    True. I don't think I would sell any of my Steelers stuff. They're all just for show, and my weird superstitions!! Now that the season is over, and the playoffs start for them this weekend, my living room has slowly been invaded by all my helmets, towels, figurines, hats, plaques and even my massive flag is outside, and the smaller on the wall above the tv.

The woman thinks I'm bonkers - but after all of these years, she is now a huge Steelers fan and puts up with my weirdness. LOL

You in a HEEP A TROUBLE BOY...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Now I'm REALLY REALLY in trouble!!

Signed by James Harrison. Yeah, he just left the team, but he WILL retire and go into the HOF as a Steeler!!

TJ Watt - JJ Watt's brother for those that don't know. GREAT rookie year for the Steelers.

Ryan Shazier. Praying for #50 Shalieve!!

And perhaps one of the best things I will own now, my childhood hero easily - Terry Bradshaw

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I need to lock you in a room with my brother. Y'all can throw Cowboys and Steelers memorabilia at each other all day and he who has stuff left last wins.

Getting either of you to throw one of the precious little gems would be the feat of the century
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I need to lock you in a room with my brother. Y'all can throw Cowboys and Steelers memorabilia at each other all day and he who has stuff left last wins.

Getting either of you to throw one of the precious little gems would be the feat of the century
    Hollywood Henderson.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Hollywood Henderson.
    #56. MVP one year, kicked off the team the next for cocaine. If he was using as much as he said, I could play that well too
    Last edited by Gunny; 01-13-2018 at 01:20 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Jim ... I think I mentioned this in another thread. My daughter went to the Steelers Ravens game last month and one of the balls that Ben threw to Antonio Brown that he touched but missed bounced in the end zone and up into her lap. So it's now at home in a trophy case. Not signed but an actual game ball.

I think she's probably as much of a fanatic as you.
    Last edited by SassyLady; 01-13-2018 at 01:34 PM.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

14. Thanks Gunny, Abbey Marie, jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Jim ... I think I mentioned this in another thread. My daughter went to the Steelers Ravens game last month and one of the balls that Ben threw to Antonio Brown that he touched but missed bounced in the end zone and up into her lap. So it's now at home in a trophy case. Not signed but an actual game ball.

I think she's probably as much of a fanatic as you.
    That's a keeper. I would have ran with it as fast as I could right out the stadium in fear they would take it back!! LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

She hid it in her plastic bag and the put underneath her jacket and her sweatshirt .... she said it made her look pregnant and was afraid that they would bust her before she did leave. It was in the first quarter so she had a long time to hang on to it. And it has a little bit of the chalk or paint or whatever the white stuff is that use to mark the lines on the end of the ball so she wouldn't let anybody touch it because she was afraid that they might brush it off.

Oh, and she got a video of Santonio Holmes, my grandson's favorite football player on the Steelers, talking to my grandson and telling him how sorry he was that he didn't get to come to the game with his parents. She also videotaped him signing one of the terrible towels for my grandson.
    Last edited by SassyLady; 01-16-2018 at 03:58 AM.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

17. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

A couple more goodies!!

A Dick Lebeau signed seat cushion from the SB!! He drew up a play on it and then signed it. And so ya know, he went into the HOF in 2010, and is still coaching.

This is a used NFL pylon from when they played. Todd Haley is the Steelers OC, but back then he coached for the Arizona Cardinals. This pylon is signed both by Dick Lebeau & Todd Haley!