Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Venezuela pill shortage triggers rise in teenage pregnancies

By Katy WatsonBBC South America correspondent, Barquisimeto

In downtown Barquisimeto, Margaret Khawan's pharmacy is looking a bit empty these days.

What products she does have she has spaced out along the shelves to make them look a bit fuller.
    Ms Khawan has not had any deliveries of contraceptive pills for a year.
    Every day people come looking for them and every day she has to turn them away. People are having to adapt.
    "It used to be just men buying condoms but women are buying them too now because there's nothing else," she says. "The price of condoms has gone up 200%."What products she does have she has spaced out along the shelves to make them look a bit fuller.
    Ms Khawan has not had any deliveries of contraceptive pills for a year.
    Every day people come looking for them and every day she has to turn them away. People are having to adapt.
    "It used to be just men buying condoms but women are buying them too now because there's nothing else," she says. "The price of condoms has gone up 200%."
    cont ...http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-42620379

This IS an international disaster. They'll be heading our way with a sob story and some leftwingnut judge will let them in.
    Last edited by Gunny; 01-10-2018 at 09:16 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

The pill shortage doesnt trigger anything. Kids having sex is the issue. Stop doing that.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

3. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Maybe Venezuela should adopt America's policy of teaching 3rd graders how to put a condom on a banana, then hand out condoms.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I got an old box of rubbers that Venezuela can have, I gave up fornication to follow the Lord.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GravyBoat View Post
    I gave up fornication to follow the Lord.
    So... you're not married?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Maybe Venezuela should adopt America's policy of teaching 3rd graders how to put a condom on a banana, then hand out condoms.
    While not my preferred method of responsibility, it's better than hoping nothing happens. Face it. Kids are going to screw no matter what you tell them. For whatever reason, devious or not, they just do. That's the reality of the situation.

I prefer focusing on them not getting pregnant than hoping they are going to remember their Sunday School lessons.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    While not my preferred method of responsibility, it's better than hoping nothing happens. Face it. Kids are going to screw no matter what you tell them. For whatever reason, devious or not, they just do. That's the reality of the situation.

I prefer focusing on them not getting pregnant than hoping they are going to remember their Sunday School lessons.
    Ya know though... I graduated in 1973, and we didn't get "SEX ED" until we hit HIGH school, ninth grade, and I don't recall a single girl in our school getting pregnant.

Wonder how that happened... couldn't have been that girls just knew to keep their LEGS SHUT could it? Teaching personal responsibility is what I see as missing in school these days, not how to put a rubber on a banana being taught to kids that barely know what sex is yet. Well I take that back... with all these kids on the internet nowadays, they've probably all seen every sort of FUCKING AND SUCKING POSSIBLE by the time they're 6 or 7. For sure the ones that have SMART PHONES, they're new trick is SEXTING... texting each other NUDIES... LITTLE kids...

I'm GLAD I'm as old as I am, and that I lived in days past. I think it was a BETTER TIME, and I wouldn't trade places with any youngin' today for anything.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-11-2018 at 09:58 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Ya know though... I graduated in 1973, and we didn't get "SEX ED" until we hit HIGH school, ninth grade, and I don't recall a single girl in our school getting pregnant.

Wonder how that happened... couldn't have been that girls just knew to keep the LEGS SHUT could it? Teaching personal responsibility is what I see as missing in school these days, not how to put a rubber on a banana being taught to kids that barely know what sex is yet. Well I take that back... with all these kids on the internet nowadays, they've probably all seen ever sort of FUCKING AND SUCKING POSSIBLE by the time they're 6 or 7.

I'm GLAD I'm as old as I am, and that I lived in days past. I think it was a BETTER TIME, and I wouldn't trade places with any youngin' today for anything.
    I hear what you are saying but that is not today's reality. There's a LOT of things I miss about the 60s and 70s. Personal responsibility being one. I also think there's as much myth to how "virtuous" we were back then as truth. We were just careful because we didn't have any easy outs. You knocked up a chick and she was yours and your new name was "Daddy" and your own family'd kick you out if you tried to shirk.

I don't advocate irresponsible behavior. On the parts either the child OR parent. I love my daughter to death and hoped she was being a good girl like she was taught and put her ass right on the pill the second I could. I was a single Marine with a teenage daughter and I didn't need any "surprises" with a no return policy. I can just see me coming back from deployment now and finding my daughter 7 months pregnant by some stupid jarhead.

Add to that you are talking a relatively undeveloped Nation. The people may or may not be stupid but a lot are certainly ignorant. They just follow nature. We take for granted our education when dealing with primal people. And that's not a put down either. It's reality. People living in grass huts are going to have kids because that's what primal instinct tells them to do.

I love idealism. I believe in some ideals that would probably blow your mind. I just don't confuse them with the reality I have to live in every day.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I hear what you are saying but that is not today's reality. There's a LOT of things I miss about the 60s and 70s. Personal responsibility being one. I also think there's as much myth to how "virtuous" we were back then as truth. We were just careful because we didn't have any easy outs. You knocked up a chick and she was yours and your new name was "Daddy" and your own family'd kick you out if you tried to shirk.

I don't advocate irresponsible behavior. On the parts either the child OR parent. I love my daughter to death and hoped she was being a good girl like she was taught and put her ass right on the pill the second I could. I was a single Marine with a teenage daughter and I didn't need any "surprises" with a no return policy. I can just see me coming back from deployment now and finding my daughter 7 months pregnant by some stupid jarhead.

Add to that you are talking a relatively undeveloped Nation. The people may or may not be stupid but a lot are certainly ignorant. They just follow nature. We take for granted our education when dealing with primal people. And that's not a put down either. It's reality. People living in grass huts are going to have kids because that's what primal instinct tells them to do.

I love idealism. I believe in some ideals that would probably blow your mind. I just don't confuse them with the reality I have to live in every day.
    I know... the sun goes down in these backwoods nations and the natives are hut hopping breeding like rabbits, and basically they don't know any better.

Then the next thing we see on tv is a donation drive for hungry kids, some mother with 5 kids and not a father in sight.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I know... the sun goes down in these backwoods nations and the natives are hut hopping breeding like rabbits, and basically they don't know any better.

Then the next thing we see on tv is a donation drive for hungry kids, some mother with 5 kids and not a father in sight.
    Part of the world I was in the odds are good Daddy's not absent of his own accord. He's dead. Killed by some opposition army with a convert or die motto. Half the babies probably belong to the army and the mothers consider themselves lucky they weren't murdered after being raped. The ones it hasn't happened to livein fear that it will.

Yet it is WE who have the issue when those soldiers "disappear" when and where found. TFB, huh?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Part of the world I was in the odds are good Daddy's not absent of his own accord. He's dead. Killed by some opposition army with a convert or die motto. Half the babies probably belong to the army and the mothers consider themselves lucky they weren't murdered after being raped. The ones it hasn't happened to livein fear that it will.

Yet it is WE who have the issue when those soldiers "disappear" when and where found. TFB, huh?
    Every one of those kids has a different father.

Maybe we shouldn't be around these nations at all. Maybe we should let them go back to shucking spears at each other and hunting monkeys to eat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Every one of those kids has a different father.

Maybe we shouldn't be around these nations at all. Maybe we should let them go back to shucking spears at each other and hunting monkeys to eat.
    The Muslims will show up and arm whichever side converts. They're spreading throughout Africa in just that manner.

If we leave them alone we are dooming them. If we let them get a hold in South America, they become a REAL threat to us.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

The Muslims will show up and arm whichever side converts. They're spreading throughout Africa in just that manner.

If we leave them alone we are dooming them. If we let them get a hold in South America, they become a REAL threat to us.
    I honestly think there's going to be "ANOTHER" showdown between virtually ALL the "INFIDELS" of the world and islam.

I don't see how it can be avoided. They're spreading like CANCER all over the world and there's no sign they're SLOWING DOWN either. So virtually EVERYONE will have a choice, be a moslem or FIGHT THEM.

I truly believe that's coming. moslems want to take over the WORLD, the PLANET, period.

The day it comes to MY front door and they tell me I'm now under sharia law, LEAD - WILL - FLY, and dying will be my last concern. Taking as many of them out BEFORE I die will be my FIRST concern.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-11-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I honestly think there's going to be "ANOTHER" showdown between virtually ALL the "INFIDELS" of the world and islam.

I don't see how it can be avoided. They're spreading like CANCER all over the world and there's no sign they're SLOWING DOWN either. So virtually EVERYONE will have a choice, be a moslem or FIGHT THEM.

I truly believe that's coming. moslems want to take over the WORLD, the PLANET, period.

The day it comes to MY front door and they tell me I'm now under sharia law, LEAD - WILL - FLY, and dying will be my last concern. Taking as many of them out BEFORE I die will be my FIRST concern.
    That's the not so funny thing about it. They did this before. It took Charles "The Hammer" Martel to actually organize a professional army in France (they just had little scattered militias prior to) and stomp the shit out of them and send them packing. Before they were called Muslims they were called Persians -- same dog - different color of paint -- The Greek city states had to band together and kick Xerxes ass out. They were irrelevant only while they were subjugated/colonized. Every time they get a chance to breathe they just start right back over doing the same thing.

This has gone on for centuries and STILL no one wants to face the fact that we either cage them all or kill them all or they are going to kill us. That's NOT difficult math. Europe's on the verge of going under to them. They have footholds in North and Central Africa. SE Asia. They've attacked us on our own soil.

How big does the clue have to be before someone gets it?

16. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

That's the not so funny thing about it. They did this before. It took Charles "The Hammer" Martel to actually organize a professional army in France (they just had little scattered militias prior to) and stomp the shit out of them and send them packing. Before they were called Muslims they were called Persians -- same dog - different color of paint -- The Greek city states had to band together and kick Xerxes ass out. They were irrelevant only while they were subjugated/colonized. Every time they get a chance to breathe they just start right back over doing the same thing.

This has gone on for centuries and STILL no one wants to face the fact that we either cage them all or kill them all or they are going to kill us. That's NOT difficult math. Europe's on the verge of going under to them. They have footholds in North and Central Africa. SE Asia. They've attacked us on our own soil.

How big does the clue have to be before someone gets it?