Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Great Snack

Still savoring one of my favorites: Sabra Garlic Hummus and Triscuit Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil. So good.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Likes Taco Junkie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Still savoring one of my favorites: Sabra Garlic Hummus and Triscuit Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil. So good.
    .I'm just not even going to say it
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

And speaking of snacks ... did you hear the latest Global Warming scare?

Cacao is becoming endangered due to global warming. Meaning - chocolate shortage. Don't shoot, I'm just the messenger.

This is according to some geek heads who would rather blame a concocted fairy tale than accept that Man's encroachment on the rain forests is the REAL issue. Per my comments on 3rd World "hell holes", the people living close to the rain forests are destroying them. THAT is man-made and can be stopped.

Any, I couldn't decide if this was a pitch for Global Warming, or for Willy Wonka to jack the price of chocolate sky high.

Chocolate is one of my favorite food groups and the only candy I ever eat.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    And speaking of snacks ... did you hear the latest Global Warming scare?

Cacao is becoming endangered due to global warming. Meaning - chocolate shortage. Don't shoot, I'm just the messenger.

This is according to some geek heads who would rather blame a concocted fairy tale than accept that Man's encroachment on the rain forests is the REAL issue. Per my comments on 3rd World "hell holes", the people living close to the rain forests are destroying them. THAT is man-made and can be stopped.

Any, I couldn't decide if this was a pitch for Global Warming, or for Willy Wonka to jack the price of chocolate sky high.

Chocolate is one of my favorite food groups and the only candy I ever eat.
    I could live without chocolate, but do like some dark once in awhile.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I can eat a whole box of Triscuits along with multiple cans of King Oscar cross-pack sardines. I mean in one sitting.

8. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GravyBoat View Post
    I can eat a whole box of Triscuits along with multiple cans of King Oscar cross-pack sardines. I mean in one sitting.
    LOL Me too, but I refrain.

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes GravyBoat, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I love those Triscuits especially with just about anything but on a strict keto diet so no hummus, no crackers, no bread, no spuds.....

On the bright side, down over 40 lbs since Labor Day and survived the holidays without too much damage. Halfway there.

12. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taco Junkie View Post
    I love those Triscuits especially with just about anything but on a strict keto diet so no hummus, no crackers, no bread, no spuds.....

On the bright side, down over 40 lbs since Labor Day and survived the holidays without too much damage. Halfway there.
    Nice job!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

14. Thanks Taco Junkie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Gotta have me some chips, of varied kinds and flavors, and salsa. I am a salsa freak. Love finding new kinds I haven't had but I do have my favorites, which are usually just the ones found in a deli. I even mix them.

16. Likes Taco Junkie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Gotta have me some chips, of varied kinds and flavors, and salsa. I am a salsa freak. Love finding new kinds I haven't had but I do have my favorites, which are usually just the ones found in a deli. I even mix them.

I think even when salsa is bad, it's still pretty good. Unlike Guacamole which can be great or truly awful, IMO.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

18. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I think even when salsa is bad, it's still pretty good. Unlike Guacamole which can be great or truly awful, IMO.
    I've had some pretty bad salsas. Usually some mass produced over processed crap. And some guac's that'd were

Now a simple way to make a great guac is to use ripe avocados (squeeze them just a bit lengthwise and they should give a little but not be squishy). Scoop out the cados into a bowl and add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. Squeeze a little fresh lime in. Then I add my favorite salsa - it has tomatoes, onions, peppers and makes mashing easier - I use one Tbsp of salsa for each avocado I used (3 cados = 3 Tbsp of salsa). Mash it up. If it's too hot you can add more avocado or a bit of sour cream (some folks don't want any dairy in their guac as it spoils faster especially when left out). If it's a big batch and not spicy enough I'll add an extra Tbsp of salsa. Chill for 2 hours then serve. You get a salsa that has great texture and color, is fresh and cool but brings a little heat on the back end.
    Last edited by Taco Junkie; 01-16-2018 at 10:44 AM.

20. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taco Junkie View Post
    I've had some pretty bad salsas. Usually some mass produced over processed crap. And some guac's that'd were

Now a simple way to make a great guac is to use ripe avocados (squeeze them just a bit lengthwise and they should give a little but not be squishy). Scoop out the cados into a bowl and add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. Squeeze a little fresh lime in. Then I add my favorite salsa - it has tomatoes, onions, peppers and makes mashing easier - I use one Tbsp of salsa for each avocado I used (3 cados = 3 Tbsp of salsa). Mash it up. If it's too hot you can add more avocado or a bit of sour cream (some folks don't want any dairy in their guac as it spoils faster especially when left out). If it's a big batch and not spicy enough I'll add an extra Tbsp of salsa. Chill for 2 hours then serve. You get a salsa that has great texture and color, is fresh and cool but brings a little heat on the back end.
    Salsa just isn't salsa without cilantro. I used to eat in little restaurants around Apache Junction in Phoenix that were staffed by Mexicans, and they made fresh salsa and chips daily, some of the best I've ever had, but they always had cilantro and a touch of garlic in their salsa, great stuff.

That COOKED stuff that comes in a jar is the worst. Salsa shouldn't be COOKED and come out of a jar like tomato sauce. I can't stand that stuff, like Pace. Even WalMart has a good salsa. I find it at the end of their produce cooler in little plastic tubs, it's called "fresh cravings" salsa. I add cilantro to it but otherwise it's pretty darn good.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-16-2018 at 11:18 AM.

22. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Taco Junkie, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Salsa just isn't salsa without cilantro. I used to eat in little restaurants around Apache Junction in Phoenix that were staffed by Mexicans, and they made fresh salsa and chips daily, some of the best I've ever had, but they always had cilantro and a touch of garlic in their salsa, great stuff.

That COOKED stuff that comes in a jar is the worst. Salsa shouldn't be COOKED and come out of a jar like tomato sauce. I can't stand that stuff, like Pace. Even WalMart has a good salsa. I find it at the end of their produce cooler in little plastic tubs, it's called "fresh cravings" salsa. I add cilantro to it but otherwise it's pretty darn good.

Agree on the cilantro. I cooked up a pork shoulder Sunday and turned it into shredded Mexi pork for tacos, burritos, etc and used fresh garlic, onions, peppers and CILANTRO!

24. Likes LongTermGuy, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Ok, another GREAT snack-Seriously Indulgent Yogurt by The Greek Gods. OMG! It's dessert in a cup. Not my normal low fat, nope this is better than any ice cream.