Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Buddy of mine is retired coast guard. He said he thought the boot camp would be easy. He was .... Surprised
    Boot camp for me was easy, but I was just out of college football and track. Undefeated in
    wrestling and swimming.

Water Safety Instructor (Red Cross and BSA).

Boot camp was a breeze.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Boot camp for me was easy, but I was just out of college football and track. Undefeated in
    wrestling and swimming.

Water Safety Instructor (Red Cross and BSA).

Boot camp was a breeze.
    Well, not exactly boot camp, but swim qual as doubly hard for me. I was one of "those guys" that had been in the water all my life and could stay in it all day and could swim like a fish.

However, "swim like a fish" is NOT the approved, perfect strokes for the Red Cross nor the Marine Corps . I had to learn every stroke over and do each est twice. Was in the swim tank about 13 hours because I refused to quit even with Hats yelling at me to quit. I was like "FU" (under my breath, of course)
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

3. Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Well, not exactly boot camp, but swim qual as doubly hard for me. I was one of "those guys" that had been in the water all my life and could stay in it all day and could swim like a fish.

However, "swim like a fish" is NOT the approved, perfect strokes for the Red Cross nor the Marine Corps . I had to learn every stroke over and do each est twice. Was in the swim tank about 13 hours because I refused to quit even with Hats yelling at me to quit. I was like "FU" (under my breath, of course)
    You are a delightful goof!

I personally pulled out 427 as just a lifeguard. Count it up to 1250 lives saved in the USCG.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who here has said homicial?

I say a neglectful watch team.
    I was just piling on with the charge of "homicide" which is probably an unfair assessment, my blaming Obama was unproductive. Those men are entitled to a fair trial, there may be some explanation, or it may be criminally negligence. The sea lanes are jammed these days and those two ships were in some of the busiest waters on the planet, I really feel for them. But if they're "fashionable" types who were screwing off, okay, then they should be keel hauled.

I just think it's amazing in this day and age of GPS and radar, the very idea that ships still collide, it boggles the mind. No way are we ready for driverless cars.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

You are a delightful goof!

I personally pulled out 427 as just a lifeguard. Count it up to 1250 lives saved in the USCG.
    Ummm ..."saving: lives was not exactly MY MOS

I am Water Survival Qualified. We had to learn the lifeguard stuff for 1st Class along with some added Marine combat stuff. WSQ was just survival.

I had my lifesaving crap since a Boy Scout merit badge.

All to say people who spend their lives around water should learn to survive in and NOT freakin panic. I'll bet panic kills more people than water. Same principle applies to desert survival. The desert will kill you IF you let it.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke