Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Navy files homicide charges against commanders of 2 ships in deadly crashes

Two Navy commanders face negligent homicide charges related to the deadly crashes of two ships off Asia last year, the Navy announced Tuesday.
    Former Cmdr. Bryce Benson of the USS Fitzgerald and former Cmdr. Alfredo J. Sanchez of the USS John S. McCain are among those charged, according to USNI News. Additionally, two lieutenants and one lieutenant junior grade of the Fitzgerald also face charges, the Navy said.
    Among the charges are dereliction of duty, hazarding a vessel and negligent homicide.
    A Chief Petty Officer on the McCain also was charged with dereliction of duty. And administrative actions -- including non-judicial punishment -- will be taken for members of both crews, the Navy said.

cont ... http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/16...s.htmlI'll let the Navy guys comment on this since I just was along for the ride.

Not to make light (but I'm going to) I can't help but notice one of the ships was the USS John McCain. Looks like his name doesn't limit itself to trainwrecks in Congress.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Gunny. First they blamed lack of training quals.

This is how the navy handles their own CYA. The lack of training quals before the ships were deployed...came from Washington, in the Pentagon. They blamed finances at first.

Truth is. During the Obama administration. When he was busy firing Flag Officers (over 500). The navy, and the other branches began to suffer like they did during the CLINTON years, when cutbacks, and Downsizing were the craze. I know, and you should too Gunny.

The first things that suffer are training. Then the complacency of all the people who loved Obama's idea of Political Correctness...taking away the Discipline, and trading it for BEING FRIENDS who don't Offend, or Insult those Snowflake Sailors who didn't know...THEY WERE GONNA HAVE TO WORK, or GO TO SEA, and SWAB FLOORS since the maid, and the butler (Mom and Dad) didn't make them do it at home.

I blame it all on OBAMA and CONGRESS for shortchanging the military to support The Enemy.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    This is how the navy handles their own CYA. The lack of training quals before the ships were deployed...came from Washington, in the Pentagon. They blamed finances at first.

Truth is. During the Obama administration. When he was busy firing Flag Officers (over 500). The navy, and the other branches began to suffer like they did during the CLINTON years, when cutbacks, and Downsizing were the craze. I know, and you should too Gunny.

The first things that suffer are training. Then the complacency of all the people who loved Obama's idea of Political Correctness...taking away the Discipline, and trading it for BEING FRIENDS who don't Offend, or Insult those Snowflake Sailors who didn't know...THEY WERE GONNA HAVE TO WORK, or GO TO SEA, and SWAB FLOORS since the maid, and the butler (Mom and Dad) didn't make them do it at home.

I blame it all on OBAMA and CONGRESS for shortchanging the military to support The Enemy.
    I DEFINITELY remember the impact Clinton had on us. Manpower shortage plus increased OpTempo noticeably changed our time between deployable unit. It went from maybe a few years break between them to negligible.

I recall on one deployment we had 4 Harriers and at any one time 4 were operational. Two spent the float in the hangar deck. The cutback in training was to shift the funds to actual operations. And yeah, a LOT more mistakes.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I DEFINITELY remember the impact Clinton had on us. Manpower shortage plus increased OpTempo noticeably changed our time between deployable unit. It went from maybe a few years break between them to negligible.

I recall on one deployment we had 4 Harriers and at any one time 4 were operational. Two spent the float in the hangar deck. The cutback in training was to shift the funds to actual operations. And yeah, a LOT more mistakes.
    We had to put up with substandard ships and aircraft, yet still fill our mission.

Clinton was in the ROTC but never took his uniform out of the closet.

Obama just as bad. Fund the CG down, but keep up the optempo.

Homicide carges ...just does not sound right though.

Neglect and Courts-Martial and loss of all benefits. Homicide?

How about the whole watch team? Don't give me that shit. As a BMOW
    I supervised a whole watch team. CO is not going to be on the bridge 24/7.
    Ultimatly his responsibility, but I put it on the OOD and BMOW.
    Last edited by Elessar; 01-16-2018 at 10:13 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Going after the Big Boss for something he likely was asleep during - that doesn't sit right with me. It's problematic. The Watch Team fucked up, probably more complicated than that, but generally that's what i think happened.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Bottom line... ships shouldn't collide... somebody isn't doing their job... somebody's head should roll, and with the military, it's usually the man in charge.

It is almost treasonous the way the kenyan shit stain fired top military brass, but then we had a democrat propaganda wing that did nothing but kiss his ass for 8 years.

I'm still waiting for some enterprising individual to go to Hawaii and prove there is NO hard copy certificate of birth there. I don't know why president Trump doesn't send the secret service there with warrant in hand to see it. The fuckin left wants a scandal? Where there's the biggest scandal to ever hit the nation since it's inception.