Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default Popular Spanish Videos Portray Women The Way They Should Be

Here is a recent release by Pitbull: What happens in the first 13 seconds would NEVER fly in English: A guy shouting "hey Mami" from the rooftop:

This one is just all around well done. The way they portray the women just doesn't get any better. The lyrics are great too. Almost a BILLION views.

While US women are pushing #MeToo , Latin America is enjoying #Escapate .

Last edited by tailfins; 01-22-2018 at 11:06 PM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

the title of this thread is beyond dumb - it smells so bad of misogyny. Re-reading I think maybe you're saying women should let their hair down and embrace their femininity. Agree. But remember - it's a movie, essentially and not real.

The women in the vids - Smokin' hot. Beautiful. GOOD for them for selling pretend/movie/fictional sexuality to men who eat that shit up.

#capitalism.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

THIS is a popular video en Espanol retrata a las mujeres como son. Mas exito que tu.

“When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Some of the women appear "chunky" to me. Is that the new look? "Baby got back?" IDK... not that attractive to me.

And this twerking... do they do anything else but that dancing nowadays... legs spread... butt gyrating... where's the talent?

What happened to the way Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers used to dance. That took talent.

I guess time is passing and what I thought was good is turning me into a thing of the past, an old stick in the mud.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-23-2018 at 06:33 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Some of the women appear "chunky" to me. Is that the new look? "Baby got back?" IDK... not that attractive to me.

And this twerking... do they do anything else but that dancing nowadays... legs spread... butt gyrating... where's the talent?

What happened to the way Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers used to dance. That took talent.

I guess time is passing and what I thought was good is turning me into a thing of the past, an old stick in the mud.
    Which "women" are you referring to? Shakira is tiny. I forget the name of the dance, but that superfast hip thing has been popular in the Caribbean and S FL forever. It is NOT the same as "twerking" which I find pretty vulgar.

Ballroom dancing is whole nuther animal.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Which "women" are you referring to? Shakira is tiny. I forget the name of the dance, but that superfast hip thing has been popular in the Caribbean and S FL forever. It is NOT the same as "twerking" which I find pretty vulgar.

Ballroom dancing is whole nuther animal.
    The "women in the videos."

Ya know, I liked gym when I was in HS and thought I could even be a gymnast. So every once and awhile I'll watch some on tv when I see it, and last night there was state girl gymnastics on and they were doing the vault. I'll tell ya, they were all chunky. When they'd land shit would jiggle and there'd be cellulite dimples in cheeks... I mean... is that the new normal? I thought gymnasts used to be like 4% body fat, not 15%. We had a TSgt that came into our Component Repair shop at Nellis AFB way back when and he had to lose weight or face discharge. I think the entire world is getting fatter and fatter, just like the recent story about so many young kids today not being able to qualify for enlistment because they're lard asses. It's a sedentary life style and too much shit food. Playing for kids now is sitting on their ass in front of the tv playing their PS4. We used to go outside and be active. We didn't need a gym back then, the entire outside was a fitness center. We ran ourselves into the ground, or like me growing up on a farm, we WORKED.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-23-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    The "women in the videos."

Ya know, I liked gym when I was in HS and thought I could even be a gymnast. So every once and awhile I'll watch some on tv when I see it, and last night there was state girl gymnastics on and they were doing the vault. I'll tell ya, they were all chunky. When they'd land shit would jiggle and there'd be cellulite dimples in cheeks... I mean... is that the new normal? I thought gymnasts used to be like 4% body fat, not 15%. We had a TSgt that came into our Component Repair shop at Nellis AFB way back when and he had to lose weight or face discharge. I think the entire world is getting fatter and fatter, just like the recent story about so many young kids today not being able to qualify for enlistment because they're lard asses. It's a sedentary life style and too much shit food. Playing for kids now is sitting on their ass in front of the tv playing their PS4. We used to go outside and be active. We didn't need a gym back then, the entire outside was a fitness center. We ran ourselves into the ground, or like me growing up on a farm, we WORKED.
    I'd say it depends on a whole bunch of stuff what "normal" is. Ever look at white women at the turn of the 19th-to-20th century? Doughy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I'd say it depends on a whole bunch of stuff what "normal" is.
    Exactly... FAT is becoming the new normal.

I even remember HS, we only had TWO people in our little class of 66 people that were FAT. Now it's probably TWO people in a class that AREN'T fat.

9. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

shakira. Her hips don't lie. She is a vision. beautiful. smart. talented.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I just don't like rap, in any language, especially from some dude with rainbow hair.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-24-2018 at 07:51 AM.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I didn't notice any dudes. Rainbow hair or otherwise

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    I didn't notice any dudes. Rainbow hair or otherwise
    Rap? Music? Must be talking about something WITHOUT Shakira in it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Rap is short for crap

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Rap is short for crap
    "Loca" is not a rap song. It's Latino music. It has a bit of a rap in it, but the music and lyrics are the song.

What would lead ANYONE to believe I listen to rap? I DO hear Hispanic music. Unless you live in a cave or log cabin in the woods, it is a fact of life here. You get used to it. Rap is a non-happening event. I DO however hear a LOT of different music and if I like a song, I really don't care what it's labeled.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

"Loca" is not a rap song. It's Latino music. It has a bit of a rap in it, but the music and lyrics are the song.

What would lead ANYONE to believe I listen to rap? I DO hear Hispanic music. Unless you live in a cave or log cabin in the woods, it is a fact of life here. You get used to it. Rap is a non-happening event. I DO however hear a LOT of different music and if I like a song, I really don't care what it's labeled.
    It was a general comment. I can't see you listening to rap. I'll watch the video you posted later and give my opinion. If nothing else, she looks yummy.