Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Bought a New Computer...

I know some of you might think I'm off my rocker but, I bought it on ebay from a PAWN SHOP. Yeah I know... WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?

Well, I got it for about $100 cheaper than anywhere else I could find it, and a lot cheaper than some places. Best Buy was the most expensive of all. I think I might have mentioned that the computer my super Christian son ass clown built for me for the shop shut down. My in house computer did the exact same thing and I fixed it by reinstalling W7. But, ebay does have it's own type of warranty and they're good about enforcing it. Been on ebay doing business for a LONG time and bought quite a few expensive items and haven't had a major problem.

So this the computer. I couldn't be happier. I think I'll even put it in the house because it's got better stuff in it than my Asus has, which is getting old and like I say, had to reinstall W7 back on it just to keep it in operation. I think that's coming out here to the shop and new one is headed for the house...

$489... I think I got a killer deal... got some nice stuff in it like the 128G SSD, and built in wifi and bluetooth, USB 3.0, etc... my Asus in the house doesn't have any of that, and I know the SATA hard drive on the Asus isn't a 7,400 rpm either. Heck I'm happy, can't wait to get it because I hate dragging my laptop out to the shop... it also gets great reviews online from owners...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Pavilion...53.m2749.l2649
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-24-2018 at 02:58 AM.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I wish i was smart enough to buy a good graphics/photo centric computer. I need RAM, processor speed, great vid card, and lots of storage.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    I wish i was smart enough to buy a good graphics/photo centric computer. I need RAM, processor speed, great vid card, and lots of storage.
    Just about any computer is good enough to do pics I think. Video is another story. I just got done buying a $100 PNY video card, huge, fan on the dang thing with 8G of it's own RAM for my ASUS in the house, and then the shop computer crapped out. But the new HP is going to go in the house. The ASUS video card and all is going to have to come out here.

But processor speed, the best there is now is computers with the SSD... solid state drive... there is no "spinning disc" hard drive, it's all solid state and it's scary fast. This new one has 128G SSD, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that works.

Far as video though, heck you buy a kick butt video card to throw in just about any computer. Make sure your CPU is fast enough to handle it though... probably a good idea have DDR4 RAM... and a good amount of it.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Just about any computer is good enough to do pics I think. Video is another story. I just got done buying a $100 PNY video card, huge, fan on the dang thing with 8G of it's own RAM for my ASUS in the house, and then the shop computer crapped out. But the new HP is going to go in the house. The ASUS video card and all is going to have to come out here.

But processor speed, the best there is now is computers with the SSD... solid state drive... there is no "spinning disc" hard drive, it's all solid state and it's scary fast. This new one has 128G SSD, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that works.

Far as video though, heck you buy a kick butt video card to throw in just about any computer. Make sure your CPU is fast enough to handle it though... probably a good idea have DDR4 RAM... and a good amount of it.
    I have only a laptop now. Would need a good desktop - with killer 4k monitor - and vid card and all that.

But...money...vs travel. travel wins lately
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

5. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post