Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You know, if Balu would knock pff all his playground one-upsmanship crap and discuss something interesting besides how tough his country is, might be worth the read.

As it stands ... November 1963 - USA 1 USSR 0

And if their weaponry is so "high tech", why is Assad using chlorine gas against farmers?
    It's a pity that Balu has such a need to advertise a belligerent mindset - an overriding desire to push the idea of the West being forever 'bested', militarily - when it would be a far more productive exercise to just discuss, swap ideas and perspectives, in a calm, reasonable, and dispassionate manner.

What good is all this 'us v them' confrontational talk ? Except to maybe convince us that Russia cannot be considered to be anything other than a rival power, one to be forever guarded against ?

Well ... if that must be the reality in play, so be it. But it's something of a pity. Balu has an opportunity here in his interactions with other board members. To squander it, instead, on playground one-upmanship nonsense achieves precisely nothing of any value.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    It's a pity that Balu has such a need to advertise a belligerent mindset - an overriding desire to push the idea of the West being forever 'bested', militarily - when it would be a far more productive exercise to just discuss, swap ideas and perspectives, in a calm, reasonable, and dispassionate manner.

What good is all this 'us v them' confrontational talk ? Except to maybe convince us that Russia cannot be considered to be anything other than a rival power, one to be forever guarded against ?

Well ... if that must be the reality in play, so be it. But it's something of a pity. Balu has an opportunity here in his interactions with other board members. To squander it, instead, on playground one-upmanship nonsense achieves precisely nothing of any value.
    I like listening to people from other countries. I don't want to hear how tough they are. I'm a US Marine. Start talking junk and you'll get twice as much back. Had a Turk on a board I ran awhile back who was the same way. Always trying to impress everyone with how great Turkey is. Just another Iraq under Saddam Hussein by another name.

This is how Balu plays: After you beat his trash-talking so many times, he puts you on ignore. Makes him no better than an Antifa thug. Silence your critics. If you can't stand the heat, don't start a fire. I refuse to use ignore. Want to talk crap? I want to see what the enemy is up to, not pretend he's not there. I certainly hope his military is smarter than he is.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I like listening to people from other countries. I don't want to hear how tough they are. I'm a US Marine. Start talking junk and you'll get twice as much back. Had a Turk on a board I ran awhile back who was the same way. Always trying to impress everyone with how great Turkey is. Just another Iraq under Saddam Hussein by another name.

This is how Balu plays: After you beat his trash-talking so many times, he puts you on ignore. Makes him no better than an Antifa thug. Silence your critics. If you can't stand the heat, don't start a fire. I refuse to use ignore. Want to talk crap? I want to see what the enemy is up to, not pretend he's not there. I certainly hope his military is smarter than he is.
    Yep -- well said.

Me -- I also hate the 'ignore' option. Those who need to use it are basically those who can't stand the heat. Those who have weak arguments, or just can't stand to take good opposition to what is said. I have precisely ONE person on 'ignore' on this forum, and it took literally years of useless argument to convince me that no other useful option existed.

Propagandists, it seems to me, need to use that option on a regular basis.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

6. Thanks Gunny, aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default I enjoy trading with Balu.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Yep -- well said.

Me -- I also hate the 'ignore' option. Those who need to use it are basically those who can't stand the heat. Those who have weak arguments, or just can't stand to take good opposition to what is said. I have precisely ONE person on 'ignore' on this forum, and it took literally years of useless argument to convince me that no other useful option existed.

Propagandists, it seems to me, need to use that option on a regular basis.
    Gunny, and Sir Drummond. I didn't see the talk about the Challenger. But I wonder if Balu even knows...All of our Space Shuttles were traveling at little more than 25,000 Miles Per Hour?

The Earth Spins at 25k, and in order for the Shuttle to meet up with the SPACE STATION, at it's level, and speed. It must travel weightlessly....at 25k. Much faster than Balu's FAST ROCKET.

But, at no time is anything MAN MADE capable of traveling faster than THE SPEED OF LIGHT.
    It's just a FACT.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post