Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

The legitimate/legal way for Crimea to leave Ukraine is to secede from Ukraine and declare its independence. Hold a vote (a legitimate one recognized by the World)=, not some farce the world is laughing at like the "elections" in Russia). That STILL doesn't give Crimea to Russia. It recognizes it as a sovereign nation, IF it is recognized as one.

THEN Crimea can choose to do business with whoever it wants.

Otherwise, legally, the Crimea is an illegally occupied portion of Ukraine by Russia. End of story. Go argue with the UN or the hundreds of countries that view it just that way from a legal standpoint. You're wasting your time pounding a soapbox here. We don't decide at Debate Policy who Crimea belongs to and you should thank God we don't or you;d STILL be shit out of luck.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    The legitimate/legal way for Crimea to leave Ukraine is to secede from Ukraine and declare its independence. Hold a vote (a legitimate one recognized by the World)=, not some farce the world is laughing at like the "elections" in Russia). That STILL doesn't give Crimea to Russia. It recognizes it as a sovereign nation, IF it is recognized as one.

THEN Crimea can choose to do business with whoever it wants.

Otherwise, legally, the Crimea is an illegally occupied portion of Ukraine by Russia. End of story. Go argue with the UN or the hundreds of countries that view it just that way from a legal standpoint. You're wasting your time pounding a soapbox here. We don't decide at Debate Policy who Crimea belongs to and you should thank God we don't or you;d STILL be shit out of luck.
    CRIMEA WILL NEVER LEAVE RUSSIA. I am asking you to calm down about this and forget about it. no one else is gonna let that happen. you can apply all your sanctions at once, but this will not change Russia's opinion and Crimea's opinion. Crimea for Russia, it is not Russia has decided, it is Crimea has decided.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Papokarlo View Post
    CRIMEA WILL NEVER LEAVE RUSSIA. I am asking you to calm down about this and forget about it. no one else is gonna let that happen. you can apply all your sanctions at once, but this will not change Russia's opinion and Crimea's opinion. Crimea for Russia, it is not Russia has decided, it is Crimea has decided.
    Russia has decided. So? If it was important enough to the right people, it WOULD BE taken away. Over your dead bodies if need be. Obviously, nobody really cares enough to backhand your asses back into your place. Do try and be happy with the theft you've gotten away with and shut up about it, huh?

Legally, Russia is criminal for occupying land in someone else's country. Period. You have no argument.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Russia has decided. So? If it was important enough to the right people, it WOULD BE taken away. Over your dead bodies if need be. Obviously, nobody really cares enough to backhand your asses back into your place. Do try and be happy with the theft you've gotten away with and shut up about it, huh?

Legally, Russia is criminal for occupying land in someone else's country. Period. You have no argument.
    Crimea, it was our little daughter was illegally given to Ukraine by Khrushchev. People woke up in the morning in Ukraine. The transfer of Crimea to Ukraine took place at night.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Crimea, it was our little daughter was illegally given to Ukraine by Khrushchev. People woke up in the morning in Ukraine. The transfer of Crimea to Ukraine took place at night.
    Wrong. Kruschev had every legal right in the world to redefine the boundaries withing the USSR as he saw fit. As I already stated and provided a link, when Russia recognized Ukraine's independence in 1991 with the borders defined as they were THEN, you lost any hope of a legal claim to Crimea, or to having an argument. Russia gave it away THEN and it was done.

To take it back is to illegally invade a sovereign nation and occupy a portion of it. THAT is how it is. You don't like it? Argue with the UN and NATO. They'll tell you the same thing I just have for the umpteenth time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Wrong. Kruschev had every legal right in the world to redefine the boundaries withing the USSR as he saw fit. As I already stated and provided a link, when Russia recognized Ukraine's independence in 1991 with the borders defined as they were THEN, you lost any hope of a legal claim to Crimea, or to having an argument. Russia gave it away THEN and it was done.

To take it back is to illegally invade a sovereign nation and occupy a portion of it. THAT is how it is. You don't like it? Argue with the UN and NATO. They'll tell you the same thing I just have for the umpteenth time.
    at this point in the vote in Crimea: Vladimir Putin 90.22%
    only 13% of Crimean ballots have been processed, this is another referendum

we are glad that you score your head Crimea, while you think about it we are developing))

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

at this point in the vote in Crimea: Vladimir Putin 90.22%
    only 13% of Crimean ballots have been processed, this is another referendum

we are glad that you score your head Crimea, while you think about it we are developing))
    Why are you telling me? I don't believe any of the reported numbers and we all already KNOW Putin is going to win, whether or not he actually does.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Face it PUTIN is gonna win...no question.

to this hour:
    Vladimir Putin - 73.9%
    Pavel Grudinin - 11.2%
    Vladimir Zhirinivskiy - 6.7%
    Kseniya Sobchyak - 2.5%
    Grigoriy Yavlinskiy - 1.6%
    Boris Titov - 1.1%
    Sergey Baburin - 1.0%
    Maksim Suraykin - 0.9%

the vote in Crimea : Vladimir Putin 91%

from 15 countries there were attacks of hackers, tried to influence elections.They did not succeed, our systems survived. But we are polite and well-mannered and do not accuse any country of this.

we don't make out of this show, we are developing imperceptibly from everyone. as long as you think we are a banana Republic we go forward.
    processed 30% of the ballots
    the counting of votes continues...
    That is comical, to say the least. Your system didn't survive. Putin is, and was in charge.
    We have no need to accuse, when the reality is obvious, and has been since Putin first arrived on the scene. If you still insist a FAIR system works in your Russia. We have a bridge for sale across the EAST RIVER in NYC, called the BROOKLYN bridge...for sale for only ONE RUBLE.
    Last edited by aboutime; 03-18-2018 at 03:21 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

11. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Why are you telling me? I don't believe any of the reported numbers and we all already KNOW Putin is going to win, whether or not he actually does.
    I know you believe CNN, BBC and the like)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Oh no....who would have believed this???

So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    75-80% of the Russian population, people need such a policy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Who cares?

today this organization is called GRU

Doesn't really matter what they call the KGB today. PUTIN runs the show, and controls all of you.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

I know you believe CNN, BBC and the like)
    I believe CNN? You're a real comedian.

When the entire world says one thing, and YOU say another, yeah, I'n going to probably believe the rest of the world before you. What I DO believe is you present yourself to be EXACTLY what drummond says ... an arrogant bully. YOUR posts back that belief. You think it's okay to steal another country's land by force because you can, and you expect everyone to just forget what they see and believe you. Pretty much covers it.

Your own people don't believe the election is fair. Why would you expect anyone else to? Oh yeah. Because YOU said so.

In the REAL world? I don't care who owns Crimea and I don't care which arrogant bully is your President. Nothing's going to change. Russia has acted in the same manner it does all the way back at least to the time of the Czars. Just as arrogant and just as bullying. I don't expect y'all will change much as a people unless you want to.

Just try to recognize that there IS a difference between you and us in the way we think. You're doomed to being always wrong if you do not.

17. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Doesn't really matter what they call the KGB today. PUTIN runs the show, and controls all of you.
    and you,
    Trump our President

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Crimea has decided?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock