Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default This is really becoming the FUNNIEST thread in DP.

Last edited by aboutime; 03-11-2018 at 04:46 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

2. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

@aboutime I figured maybe it was one of those "secret" Russian attempts to sway American minds on China's elections ....
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks aboutime, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Papokarlo View Post
    in the beginning, 3 minutes of conversation about China. Each country discusses all the countries in one country talking about China and the other in a different way.
    Solovyov (hope I got the spelling right) ... according to the subtitle text, claimed that Trump thought getting rid of Presidential terms of Office was an 'awesome' idea ??

So, what does this mean .. from what I've just viewed (40 seconds into the video clip) ... that Trump, supposedly, wants to be President for life ???

SERIOUSLY ??

Either you've sent us a link to a comedy turn, or, the level of sheer nonsense Russian propaganda feeds you is far worse than I ever dreamed.

ANYONE HERE .. ANYONE AT ALL .. can you confirm that Trump ever expressed his approval for getting rid of Presidential term-of-office restraints ??

No ?

What a surprise !!

Papokarlo ... thanks for the entertainment. You promise to be a laugh a minute ...
    Last edited by Drummond; 03-11-2018 at 07:08 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Balu View Post
    There is another remarkable thing - the participants of the talks on many Russian TV channels are from different countries: the USA, GB, Germany, France, Italy, Baltic Republics, Israel, ME, Turkey, Ukraine etc. They all are politicians, political analysts and journalists with their own views. So, there is a vast field for discussions.
    See the post I've just put on here, to someone who appears to be a friend of yours (??).

One comment to offer: it'd help if those who spoke, actually stuck to FACT .. and not ludicrous fiction ?

Just how badly misled about what goes on in the world IS the Russian population, anyway ??? Is THIS how Putin manages to gain any popularity at home ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Sir Drummond....

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Solovyov (hope I got the spelling right) ... according to the subtitle text, claimed that Trump thought getting rid of Presidential terms of Office was an 'awesome' idea ??

So, what does this mean .. from what I've just viewed (40 seconds into the video clip) ... that Trump, supposedly, wants to be President for life ???

SERIOUSLY ??

Either you've sent us a link to a comedy turn, or, the level of sheer nonsense Russian propaganda feeds you is far worse than I ever dreamed.

ANYONE HERE .. ANYONE AT ALL .. can you confirm that Trump ever expressed his approval for getting rid of Presidential term-of-office restraints ??

No ?

What a surprise !!

Papokarlo ... thanks for the entertainment. You promise to be a laugh a minute ...
    Sir Drummond. Our liberals, and Balu, with his friends HAVE NO SENSE OF HUMOR.
    Trump was joking, and everybody with a brain....knew it, except the MSM, and Democrats.

You see. When Liberal, Wannabe Comedians say funny stuff. Liberals believe it to be FACT[

If Trump, or anyone else who ISN'T A DUMB LIBERAL says something funny, or jokingly. LIBERALS ALSO TAKE THAT TO BE FACT. That's how stupidity works for them.
    Last edited by aboutime; 03-11-2018 at 07:28 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

8. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

before you build a new apartment you have to install good doors and a secure lock, is it not clear?
    What you're trying to tell me isn't clear at all.

What are you saying ?

1. ... that low wages will help you install good doors and a secure lock
    2. ... that annexing Crimea will help with such objectives ?

I assure you ... if I ever get involved in the building of a new apartment, or putting good doors and secure locks on my present one, this will absolutely NOT drive me to annexe someone else's territory and attempt to exert political influence upon its inhabitants !!!

You remind me of Hitler's way of arguing .. >>

https://www.quora.com/Was-Hitlers-ar...ny-way?share=1

So tell me, just how much of your part of the world will you want to be master of, before you consider that you are living in a secure apartment ??

What about the rights of others ? Don't THEY count for anything .. ???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

most likely it will be 95-97%, even more than in Russia
    I believe that Saddam Hussein claimed such a level of support for HIS regime.

But then, he ran a dictatorship, well known for brutalising some of its inhabitants.

Wonderful stuff, eh ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Early voting in Russia’s presidential election ends in US

Russian Politics & Diplomacy
    March 12, 5:10 UTC+3 NEW YORK
    "There were no incidents in the first two cities. Everything went smoothly. In Los Angeles, everything was within reasonable bounds," the Consulate General said

© Sergey Malgavko/TASS

NEW YORK, March 12. /TASS/. Early voting in the Russian presidential election ended in the United States on Sunday. Russian nationals living in San Francisco, San Jose and Los Angeles were the lost to cast their ballots, said Russia’s Consulate General in Seattle, whose staff members organized the vote.
    "There were no incidents in the first two cities. Everything went smoothly. In Los Angeles, everything was within reasonable bounds," the Consulate General said.
    Polling stations were arranged in ten US cities. Russian citizens were earlier able to vote in Boston (Massachusetts), Albany (New York), Philadelphia (Pennsylvania), Miami (Florida), Atlanta (Georgia), Chicago (Illinois) and Minneapolis (Minnesota).
    To conduct voting in the United States on March 18, polling stations will open in the Russian diplomatic missions - in the Embassy in Washington, DC, the Consulates General in New York, Seattle (Washington) and Houston (Texas).
    Russia's presidential election will be held on March 18. Eight contenders are vying for the presidential office. They are incumbent head of state Vladimir Putin who is seeking another presidential term as an independent candidate for Russia’s highest public office, LDPR leader Vladimir Zhirinovsky, businessman Pavel Grudinin running as the Communist Party of the Russian Federation’s candidate, Yabloko party co-founder Grigory Yavlinsky, leader of the Party of Growth and business ombudsman Boris Titov, head of the Russian People’s Union party Sergey Baburin, TV personality and socialite Ksenia Sobchak (nominated by Civil Initiative) and leader of the Communists of Russia Maxim Suraikin.

More:
    http://tass.com/politics/993498
    Indifferent alike to praise or blame
    Give heed, O Muse, but to the voice Divine
    Fearing not injury, nor seeking fame,
    Nor casting pearls to swine.
    (A.Pushkin)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Balu View Post
    Early voting in Russia’s presidential election ends in US

Russian Politics & Diplomacy
    March 12, 5:10 UTC+3 NEW YORK
    "There were no incidents in the first two cities. Everything went smoothly. In Los Angeles, everything was within reasonable bounds," the Consulate General said

© Sergey Malgavko/TASS

NEW YORK, March 12. /TASS/. Early voting in the Russian presidential election ended in the United States on Sunday. Russian nationals living in San Francisco, San Jose and Los Angeles were the lost to cast their ballots, said Russia’s Consulate General in Seattle, whose staff members organized the vote.
    "There were no incidents in the first two cities. Everything went smoothly. In Los Angeles, everything was within reasonable bounds," the Consulate General said.
    Polling stations were arranged in ten US cities. Russian citizens were earlier able to vote in Boston (Massachusetts), Albany (New York), Philadelphia (Pennsylvania), Miami (Florida), Atlanta (Georgia), Chicago (Illinois) and Minneapolis (Minnesota).
    To conduct voting in the United States on March 18, polling stations will open in the Russian diplomatic missions - in the Embassy in Washington, DC, the Consulates General in New York, Seattle (Washington) and Houston (Texas).
    Russia's presidential election will be held on March 18. Eight contenders are vying for the presidential office. They are incumbent head of state Vladimir Putin who is seeking another presidential term as an independent candidate for Russia’s highest public office, LDPR leader Vladimir Zhirinovsky, businessman Pavel Grudinin running as the Communist Party of the Russian Federation’s candidate, Yabloko party co-founder Grigory Yavlinsky, leader of the Party of Growth and business ombudsman Boris Titov, head of the Russian People’s Union party Sergey Baburin, TV personality and socialite Ksenia Sobchak (nominated by Civil Initiative) and leader of the Communists of Russia Maxim Suraikin.

More:
    http://tass.com/politics/993498
    One might hope that the 'event' (i.e attempted assassination) one week ago in Salisbury, UK, isn't having its effect upon the 'voters' .. ? That they don't feel pressured to knuckle under to Putin's will .. ?

Unfortunately, not everyone is as, ahem, 'lucky'. Putin is VERY sure of the fate he's carving out for Crimea ...

http://tass.com/politics/993458

MOSCOW, March 11. /TASS/. Russia’s President Vladimir Putin said returning Crimea to Ukraine is impossible under whatever circumstances.

"What are you talking about? Such circumstances do not exist and never will," he said in response to a question whether such circumstances may ever appear.

The question was asked in an interview for Andrei Kondrashov’s film "Putin," posted on social networks.
    Apparently, Putin knows what the people of Crimea want, and will always want, for all time ... no elections, or Referenda on the subject, will ever be necessary !

Remarkable.

Putin .. the dazzlingly accurate clairvoyant. Or, Putin, the ruthless power-grabbing dictator, who has no time for any democratic process that fails to serve his interests ?
    Last edited by Drummond; 03-11-2018 at 11:41 PM.

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

SERIOUSLY ??

No ?

What a surprise !!

Tramp supports the idea of China.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

What you're trying to tell me isn't clear at all.

What are you saying ?

1. ... that low wages will help you install good doors and a secure lock
    2. ... that annexing Crimea will help with such objectives ?

I assure you ... if I ever get involved in the building of a new apartment, or putting good doors and secure locks on my present one, this will absolutely NOT drive me to annexe someone else's territory and attempt to exert political influence upon its inhabitants !!!

You remind me of Hitler's way of arguing .. >>

https://www.quora.com/Was-Hitlers-ar...ny-way?share=1

So tell me, just how much of your part of the world will you want to be master of, before you consider that you are living in a secure apartment ??

What about the rights of others ? Don't THEY count for anything .. ???
    Foto Kiev(Ukraine)https://ibb.co/hfiZHn this day
    Berlin https://ibb.co/goeYcn 1942-1945
    does that remind you of anything?
    if it were not for Putin, would these Nazis be in Crimea now, do you want to?

Victoria Nuland supports a democracy.
    do you know who Stepan Bandera?
    torchlight processions are held regularly Kiev(Ukraine):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwrgnOUreAU

Last edited by Papokarlo; 03-12-2018 at 07:36 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

One might hope that the 'event' (i.e attempted assassination) one week ago in Salisbury, UK, isn't having its effect upon the 'voters' .. ? That they don't feel pressured to knuckle under to Putin's will .. ?

Unfortunately, not everyone is as, ahem, 'lucky'. Putin is VERY sure of the fate he's carving out for Crimea ...

http://tass.com/politics/993458

Apparently, Putin knows what the people of Crimea want, and will always want, for all time ... no elections, or Referenda on the subject, will ever be necessary !

Remarkable.

Putin .. the dazzlingly accurate clairvoyant. Or, Putin, the ruthless power-grabbing dictator, who has no time for any democratic process that fails to serve his interests ?
    you laugh at Putin, do not forget that you laugh at all the people of Russia who vote for him. Do you think 100 000 000 people of Russia are stupid?

Putin has restored the country after America brought democracy in 90-x. America brought democracy in Syria, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.these countries were unlucky as Russia, and for this they are in ruins. but Russia is not komunnisticheskomu she is on a new path, those who understand his decision. and those who Desir poro think that Russia is ruled by Stalin that he is far behind

17. Likes Balu liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Tramp supports the idea of China.
    That's a very vague statement ... possibly a completely ludicrous one.

Perhaps you mean ... he supports its Communism ??

... No ?

WHAT, then, are you saying ? WHAT do you claim he supports ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

you laugh at Putin, do not forget that you laugh at all the people of Russia who vote for him. Do you think 100 000 000 people of Russia are stupid?

Putin has restored the country after America brought democracy in 90-x. America brought democracy in Syria, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.these countries were unlucky as Russia, and for this they are in ruins. but Russia is not komunnisticheskomu she is on a new path, those who understand his decision. and those who Desir poro think that Russia is ruled by Stalin that he is far behind
    I think that Putin has a stranglehold on what he wants the Russian people to know or perceive ... doesn't his regime exercise a rigid control over Russian media ?

Possibly Putin does enjoy a lot of support (although I've already posted one link which refuted a claim that Russia's youth back him) ... BUT ... would that support, such as it really is, actually exist, if Russians knew the whole truth ? If they understood his hunger for power and personal wealth ?

Maybe, if they understood how personally impoverished they were, how relatively dysfunctional their economy was - while so much was spent on their military - they'd think again ? Just how aware IS the average Russian of their poor wages, compared to citizens of other countries in the West ?

Tell me of this 'new path', then .. and why Russia, internationally, is turning into a pariah State .. ?

Oh, and let me correct you. I do not laugh at Putin. Quite the opposite. I think he's a danger to world security -- which is no laughing matter.
    Last edited by Drummond; 03-12-2018 at 09:23 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Foto Kiev(Ukraine)https://ibb.co/hfiZHn this day
    Berlin https://ibb.co/goeYcn 1942-1945
    does that remind you of anything?
    if it were not for Putin, would these Nazis be in Crimea now, do you want to?

Victoria Nuland supports a democracy.
    do you know who Stepan Bandera?
    torchlight processions are held regularly Kiev(Ukraine):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwrgnOUreAU

I want Russia to get out of Crimea, & for the Crimeans to know, and be secure about, their autonomy.

Putin won't allow it. He annexed Crimea ... somewhat as Hitler annexed Austria, back in the 1930's ... and has made it VERY plain he'll never tolerate any change to Crimea's annexation.

That says it all. Doesn't it ?

Oh, and I'd like Ukraine to be left alone, to not be on the receiving end of hostile pressures from Russia. How about that ?

Is there a snowball's chance in hell of that happening ?

Who's next for a Putin land-grab ?