Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default WATCH: U.S. Warplanes Carry Out Strike On Pro-Syrian Gov’t Forces

About time we did something. Thing is, those Kurds need to move to where the rest are in Iraq. Syria has been a Russian puppet/satellite since the French got scared and ran off decades ago. I don't think Syria is worth a confrontation with Russia. Something important, but not Assad.

We are there after ISIS. Seems everyone concerned needs to get their eyes back on the prize.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Likes Taco Junkie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

About time we did something. Thing is, those Kurds need to move to where the rest are in Iraq. Syria has been a Russian puppet/satellite since the French got scared and ran off decades ago. I don't think Syria is worth a confrontation with Russia. Something important, but not Assad.

We are there after ISIS. Seems everyone concerned needs to get their eyes back on the prize.
    Video commentary lies, there is no damn -- U.S. backed democratic forces!!!!!! There are only terrorist backed muslim forces attempting to overthrow Assad.
    Trump fails in this, as he as CiC, should not continue the obama tactics there.
    This is his biggest mistake made as President--not seeing the truth there. Assad is not tempting to birth an Islamic Caliphate--those attacking Assad are!

THERE ARE NO DAMN U. S. BACKED, DEMOCRATIC FORCES!!!!
    THAT IS PROPAGANDA LEFTOVER FROM OBAMA AND THE FFING DEMS..... ---Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Video commentary lies, there is no damn -- U.S. backed democratic forces!!!!!! There are only terrorist backed muslim forces attempting to overthrow Assad.
    Trump fails in this, as he as CiC, should not continue the obama tactics there.
    This is his biggest mistake made as President--not seeing the truth there. Assad is not tempting to birth an Islamic Caliphate--those attacking Assad are!

THERE ARE NO DAMN U. S. BACKED, DEMOCRATIC FORCES!!!!
    THAT IS PROPAGANDA LEFTOVER FROM OBAMA AND THE FFING DEMS..... ---Tyr
    The Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) are the Kurds we have backed since the First Gulf War. You're letting a word piss you off, Tyr. You must really hate Dems

It's THEIR name. Considering the options in that neck of the woods, they ARE a "democratic" force. NOT the Democratic Party here in the US. The Northeastern corner of Syria and Northwestern region of Iraq with Turkey on their northern border s an area the Kurds grabbed during the Gulf War and we provided a no-fly zone to keep Saddam out and the Turks at bay after Saddam gassed the Kurds and Turkey repeatedly threatened them. The no-fly zone was called Operation Northern Watch (u) and I don't know if has been kept in place since Barry declared victory and pulled our troops out.

When we decided to go back in after ISIS, our advisers and Air support backed the SDF. We still do. Obviously . They've done everything we've asked with the hopes of coming out the other end with their own country in the region they currently occupy. I don't know about all that, but I do think we owe it to them to not let them get wiped off the planet by Turkey and Assad's government.

The US has backed the rebel forces against Assad in the past. More of our meddling. I don't believe at this time we are supporting the anti-government forces in Syria. ALL players are supposed to be focused on ISIS. Instead, everyone seems to be putting their own agendas first. It's bringing some pretty powerful antagonists all into the same region fighting proxie wars. Namely, The US, Russia, Israel, pro-gov't Syria, Turkey, Iran, Syrian rebels, and the SDF. Lot of matches in a room full of gunpowder.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks Taco Junkie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    The Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) are the Kurds we have backed since the First Gulf War. You're letting a word piss you off, Tyr. You must really hate Dems

It's THEIR name. Considering the options in that neck of the woods, they ARE a "democratic" force. NOT the Democratic Party here in the US. The Northeastern corner of Syria and Northwestern region of Iraq with Turkey on their northern border s an area the Kurds grabbed during the Gulf War and we provided a no-fly zone to keep Saddam out and the Turks at bay after Saddam gassed the Kurds and Turkey repeatedly threatened them. The no-fly zone was called Operation Northern Watch (u) and I don't know if has been kept in place since Barry declared victory and pulled our troops out.

When we decided to go back in after ISIS, our advisers and Air support backed the SDF. We still do. Obviously . They've done everything we've asked with the hopes of coming out the other end with their own country in the region they currently occupy. I don't know about all that, but I do think we owe it to them to not let them get wiped off the planet by Turkey and Assad's government.

The US has backed the rebel forces against Assad in the past. More of our meddling. I don't believe at this time we are supporting the anti-government forces in Syria. ALL players are supposed to be focused on ISIS. Instead, everyone seems to be putting their own agendas first. It's bringing some pretty powerful antagonists all into the same region fighting proxie wars. Namely, The US, Russia, Israel, pro-gov't Syria, Turkey, Iran, Syrian rebels, and the SDF. Lot of matches in a room full of gunpowder.
    Good synopsis Gunny....
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

9. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Taco Junkie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I do not appreciate the narrative:

"Brutal Strikes"?

yeah..the ISIS strikes, attacks, and murdering innocents is not 'brutal'?

Fucking cheap "journalists". Could not pour piss out of a boot even if the instructions
    were written on the heel.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

11. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I do not appreciate the narrative:

"Brutal Strikes"?

yeah..the ISIS strikes, attacks, and murdering innocents is not 'brutal'?

Fucking cheap "journalists". Could not pour piss out of a boot even if the instructions
    were written on the heel.
    The story is from OAN. Unlike other media outlets, they don't pretend they aren't right wing and behind Trump. I think the wording was more aimed at the pro-US military crowd than it was people who wouldn't dream of watching OAN even under their covers in the middle of the night

The Turks, Russians and pro-government Syrian forces all have been attacking the pro-US SDF. The US hasn't directly confronted Russia nor Turkey yet but they have no qualms about taking a shot at Assad's forces if they can catch them alone. They did, and they did. Wasn't brutal enough as far as I'm concerned. There are survivors.

13. Thanks Taco Junkie thanked this post
    Likes Taco Junkie, LongTermGuy liked this post