Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Trump Budget Swaps Food Stamps for '100 Percent American' Food

I love this idea!! I hope they can do similar with all welfare type programs. Change any cash/cards type stuff, into only allowing for the products and such that they need. This would end a LOT of the abuse.

--

Trump Budget Swaps Food Stamps for '100 Percent American' Food

In what would be one of the biggest shakeups of the U.S. food-stamp program in its five-decade history, President Donald Trump is proposing to slash cash payments and substitute them with "100 percent American grown food" given to recipients.

The changes, outlined Monday in Trump's budget proposal, would reshape the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, which supports roughly one in eight Americans, by reducing cash spending by about one-third from current levels.

The plan is projected to save $214 billion over a decade. It would give all households receiving more than $90 a month in cash a "USDA Food" package that would "include items such as shelf-stable milk, ready to eat cereals, pasta, peanut butter, beans and canned fruit, vegetables, and meat, poultry or fish," according to the proposal.

The food stamp program served 42.2 million people and 20.9 million households, on average, during the 2017 fiscal year.

The average household benefit was $254.14, putting most homes well above the threshold for the proposed direct assistance. The program itself cost $68.1 billion, with $63.7 billion given out as benefits.

https://www.newsmax.com/headline/tru.../12/id/842874/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

It sounds good.

But ignorant liberals will try to derail it.

Why? Out of ignorance and dependency on a lazy voting block.

Some people really need the assistance. Some just milk the freebie tit.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

3. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I've never been on food stamps or any kind of government welfare in my life, and I have been POOR.

Call it pride or maybe even stupid, but I would have been ashamed and embarrassed to pull out food stamps in a store in front of other people.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-13-2018 at 10:24 PM.

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Elessar, Taco Junkie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I get HPD's point but a single woman with children may need assistance. Getting solid food in lieu of money could actually put them ahead if they use those gifts. And if I understand the program, they will still get some $$ to use for their cigarettes, 40s and lobster. I don't see how they can bitch. But I bet they will.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I've never been on food stamps or any kind of government welfare in my life, and I have been POOR.

Call it pride or maybe even stupid, but I would have been ashamed and embarrassed to pull out food stamps in a store in front of other people.
    Heard THAT.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taco Junkie View Post
    I get HPD's point but a single woman with children may need assistance. Getting solid food in lieu of money could actually put them ahead if they use those gifts. And if I understand the program, they will still get some $$ to use for their cigarettes, 40s and lobster. I don't see how they can bitch. But I bet they will.
    Scrub the system and start over. At this point, it's the only fix that's going to work.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke