Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA, Southern
    Posts
    22,864
    Thanks (Given)
    25307
    Thanks (Received)
    14620
    Likes (Given)
    1002
    Likes (Received)
    708
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475134

    Default France Bowing Down To Muslim Child Molesting Pressure


    Trial rekindles debate on age of sexual consent in France
    [Associated Press]
    PHILIPPE SOTTO
    ,Associated Press•February 13, 2018

    PONTOISE, France (AP) — A 29-year-old man went on trial Tuesday in a Paris suburb for having sex with an 11-year-old girl, in a case that has rekindled debate on the age of sexual consent in France.

    Unlike many countries, France does not have a legal age under which a minor cannot consent to a sexual relationship. Lawyers for the suspect argued that the girl was consenting and aware of what she was doing, while lawyers for the girl have said that she was simply too young and confused to resist.

    In a decision that shocked many, the prosecutor's office in the town of Pontoise decided to send the man to trial on charges of "sexual abuse of a minor under 15 years old," and not rape.

    Given the sensitive nature of the trial, the presiding judge took the unusual step of closing the proceedings to the public and journalists.

    If convicted of sexual abuse, the suspect faces up to five years in prison. Rape of a minor under 15 is punishable with up to 20 years in prison.

    The case is the latest of several that prompted an uproar over France's rules on child sex abusers, considered too lax by child rights and feminist groups.

    The cases led French President Emmanuel Macron's government to propose a bill that would introduce a minimum legal age for sexual consent for the first time — and include a provision saying that sex with children under a certain age is by definition coercive.

    France currently has no specific legal limit, though in one past case involving multiple child victims from 1 ˝ to 5 years old, the country's top court ruled that they should be automatically regarded as non-consenting.

    The proposed minimum age hasn't yet been decided on, but the cutoff could be between the ages of 13 and 15. The bill, a broad-based measure aimed at fighting "sexual and sexist violence," is expected to be presented to the French Cabinet next month.

    In the case in Pontoise on Tuesday, the girl's family filed a complaint for rape after the incident in April in the town of Montmagny, in the suburban Val-d'Oise region.

    But the prosecution considered that the suspect did not use violence or coercion. French law defines rape as any act of sexual penetration committed "by violence, coercion, threat or surprise."

    Defense lawyers have said the man and the girl met in a small park and that the girl voluntarily followed the man into an apartment block and freely consented to have sex with him. They've also claimed that their client, then aged 28, thought the girl was over 15.

    "She was 11 years and 10 months old, so nearly 12 years old. It changes the story," defense lawyer Marc Goudarzian said. "So she is not a child."

    His colleague Sandrine Parise-Heideiger went further: "We are not dealing with a sexual predator on a poor little faultless goose." She said that as soon as children have "sexual expressiveness and you have an attitude of putting yourself in danger" then "it doesn't necessarily mean the person on the other side is a sexual predator."

    Children's rights groups and a psychiatrist testifying in the case argued otherwise.

    The suspect "pretended he thought she was 15 — if not 18 — came to pick her up her at school, saw her school report, knew very well she was a young child," said Armelle Le Bigot Macaux, president of the COFRADE, an umbrella group for several associations for children's rights. "This young child isn't protected today by our French society."

    Lawyers for the family are asking the court to re-characterize the charge from sexual abuse to rape. If the presiding judge grants their request, the case may be sent back to investigators and the trial postponed to a later date.

    A verdict in the case was not expected Tuesday.

    A similar recent case caused disbelief and outrage. A French criminal court in November acquitted a 30-year-old man who was accused of raping an 11-year-old girl in 2009. The jury in the Paris suburban region of Seine-et-Marne found that the man didn't use violence or coercion.

    The subject of sexual misconduct has drawn fresh attention in France and worldwide since rape and sexual assault allegations were made against Hollywood film producer Harvey Weinstein.

    The man is an adult, yet for some reason they do not present his name in sources I've checked... hmmmmmmm
    Is it because he is a child molesting muslim named Muhhammad Abul something??
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 02-13-2018 at 03:06 PM.
    My father- "Take pride in who you are and where you came from. Life is hard, often fighting is the only option!"
    Ernest Hemingway- “In order to write about life, you must first live it.”
    http://www.lindleypoetry.com/category/a-poem-a-day/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    21,511
    Thanks (Given)
    6251
    Thanks (Received)
    10495
    Likes (Given)
    108
    Likes (Received)
    643
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21102326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    The man is an adult, yet for some reason they do not present his name in sources I've checked... hmmmmmmm
    Is it because he is a child molesting muslim named Muhhammad Abul something??

    Tyr. France has ALWAYS been that way. Nothing new. That's the country where vacations are longer than working days per year, and entertainment, eating, dancing, and fornication are as popular as child molestation. Doesn't matter what religion they are. It's a MUTUALLY DERANGED NATION....MUCH LIKE CALIFORNIA.
    They called me Tombstone on my last ship.
    Now, I'm your Huckleberry.

  3. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Podunk, WI
    Posts
    2,671
    Thanks (Given)
    1078
    Thanks (Received)
    1040
    Likes (Given)
    1123
    Likes (Received)
    575
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5760771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Tyr. France has ALWAYS been that way. Nothing new. That's the country where vacations are longer than working days per year, and entertainment, eating, dancing, and fornication are as popular as child molestation. Doesn't matter what religion they are. It's a MUTUALLY DERANGED NATION....MUCH LIKE CALIFORNIA.
    I agree.

    I also guarantee you that the girl, 11 or 12, whatever, has been all over the internet looking at porn and whatnot and knew exactly what she was doing. I think no matter how it's argued, whether it's right or wrong for an older guy to have sex with a girl that young, it has to be taken into consideration who's idea it was before you just throw the guy in prison. It could very well have been her idea. This automatic crucifixion of the guy and treating the girl like some little pure as the driven snow angel isn't right. They know full well what they're doing, especially over there in France where sex is not taboo. They're very open and free about it. I just don't see how it's fair to only punish the guy if it was either her idea or consensual. She knew what she was doing, it takes two to tango, she enjoyed it, but she walks off Scott free as some sort of victim while the guy gets his ass thrown in the slammer? There's just something very wrong about that IMO. I think a better resolution would be that they BOTH get punished. Otherwise what's stopping the girl from just waltzing out and finding her next trick... throw another one in jail... line em up... she's on a roll.

    I'm not DEFENDING older men having sex with young girls either, don't get that idea, I'm just making the point that it sure seems like the guy always gets the shitty end of the stick when it comes to many things dealing with women... #MeToo.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-13-2018 at 04:20 PM.
    THE DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA CABAL:

    ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNBC, MSNBC, AP, ESPN, BET, TBS, WASHPO, HUFF'N PUFF, MEDIA MATTERS, BLOOMBURG, The ATLANTIC, The GUARDIAN, MOVEON, DU, SNOPES, POLITICO, NY SLIMES, RUETTERS, YAHOO NEWS, FACEBOOK NEWS, GQ, NEWSWEEK, Gallup, EBONY, GOOGLE SEARCH, and the list goes on...
    "The More I learn about people, the better I like my dog"... Mark Twain

    "Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change... "

  5. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
  6. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    21,511
    Thanks (Given)
    6251
    Thanks (Received)
    10495
    Likes (Given)
    108
    Likes (Received)
    643
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21102326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I agree.

    I also guarantee you that the girl, 11 or 12, whatever, has been all over the internet looking at porn and whatnot and knew exactly what she was doing. I think no matter how it's argued, whether it's right or wrong for an older guy to have sex with a girl that young, it has to be taken into consideration who's idea it was before you just throw the guy in prison. It could very well have been her idea. This automatic crucifixion of the guy and treating the girl like some little pure as the driven snow angel isn't right. They know full well what they're doing, especially over there in France where sex is not taboo. They're very open and free about it. I just don't see how it's fair to only punish the guy if it was either her idea or consensual. She knew what she was doing, it takes two to tango, she enjoyed it, but she walks off Scott free as some sort of victim while the guy gets his ass thrown in the slammer? There's just something very wrong about that IMO. I think a better resolution would be that they BOTH get punished. Otherwise what's stopping the girl from just waltzing out and finding her next trick... throw another one in jail... line em up... she's on a roll.

    I'm not DEFENDING older men having sex with young girls either, don't get that idea, I'm just making the point that it sure seems like the guy always gets the shitty end of the stick when it comes to many things dealing with women... #MeToo.
    High Plains. I was in France twice. In the 80's, in Canne, and the 90's in Toulon at the Naval Base.
    We were able to see the FREE LOVE shown, almost everywhere, with nudity on the beaches, and the so-called LADIES of the Evening...almost everywhere...looking to entertain WAYWARD sailors from AMERICA. They have no scruples whatsoever, and the AGE LIMITS are NILL, from what we could tell. God only knows how that has changed by now?
    They called me Tombstone on my last ship.
    Now, I'm your Huckleberry.

  7. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •