Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Shooting Aftermath -- the Politics

@pete311 You wanted to get all compassionate and outraged about the shooting and comment on @Elessar about his take on the politics. There's a reason why. It surely is not hte right that went into full political tilt and couldn't wait to get their anti-gun, anti-Second Amendment garbage out.

So while your outrage is justified, so is El's because *yawn* here we f-ing go again.

Florida shooting: 'Policy and change' not 'thoughts and prayers'

As America reacts to another mass shooting in a school, there has been the usual rush to offer "thoughts and prayers".
    President Trump has already sent his "prayers and condolences" but for many people, it's not enough.
    Some, including Hunger Games actress Elizabeth Banks and Kim Kardashian, are instead demanding "policy and change".
    The latest shooting in Florida has left at least 17 people dead.
    Elizabeth tweeted about the Parkland shooting using hashtags including #guncontrol.

cont ... http://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-43069230

MSNBC.com The first 7 stories in page 1. Each and every one an attack on the 2nd Amendment and gun owners by idiots from Maddow on down the line.

In Miami, a disgusted schools chief demands national ‘courage’ on gun control.

Miami-Dade students and parents should expect an extraordinary police presence when classes resume on a normal schedule Thursday, as an anxious system grapples with anhorrific school shooting outside its boundaries but close to home.
    Superintendent Alberto Carvalho said the system’s own police forces will be on full deployment, while officers and squad cars from municipal and county agencies will be dispatched to schools across Miami-Dade to assist with increased security measures.

The beefed-up and highly visible deployment, previewed in a taped message from Carvalho sent to parents’ phones across the county, serves two purposes. First, a guard against copy-cat attacks. Second, a salve for anxious families and school employees as students return to classrooms on the heels of at least 17 children and adults killed by gunfire at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High in Parkland. Miami-Dade’s school system is also dispatching counselors for both students and employees who need help coping with the aftermath of the violence miles away.

“We can get through this together,” Carvalho said in a video message broadcast Wednesday, “if we continue to be aware and mindful of troubled signs that are often before us, and communicate them to our staffs, to our principals and to our teachers.”
    The shooting spree inside a high school will force Miami-Dade and school systems across the country to rethink some security procedures, Carvalho said. Authorities said the gunman, Nikolas Cruz, pulled a fire alarm inside Douglas High, and that the routine evacuation that followed provided more opportunities for him to open fire on victims.
    Carvalho said the scenario touched on his “worst fears,” when one safety precaution is revealed to be a vulnerability for another threat. “All the protocols were followed,” he said. “But someone interfered with those protocols.”
    Even with the beefed-up police presence, Carvalho said, the Broward massacre mostly speaks to the need for broader actions beyond security. Like his counterpart in Broward, Superintendent Robert Runcie, Carvalho said expanded resources for mental-health issues can help prevent senseless shootings.
    He said addressing psychological issues can be far more effective than, say, installing metal detectors, which bring “exorbitant” costs and still can’t stop someone from smuggling in a firearm under a fence at recess.
    “There are limits to the envelope of safety you can impose around the school. This is why we try to be as vigilant as possible on prevention, to try and avert these types of tragedies,” he said. “The research is pretty consistent that mental prevention trumps metal detection every time.”
    He also said the Douglas High shooting offers another horrific reminder of the need for national action on gun control.
    “At what point — after how many killed? — will we have the courage to address the issue of access to guns and gun ownership?” Carvalho asked. “There are some on this equation who will only want to talk about mental health. Others will only want to talk about gun control. How about being reasonable, and talking about both?”

cont ...http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...200197269.html

Just a sample. Fact is, you got a better chance of being struck by lighting. But never mind the facts, let's go ga-ga leftwing nutcase.

To respond to your comment about Elessar's comment. Pete, ... some of us are trained to recognize a threat and assess it FIRST. Doesn't matter how many bodies are laying on the ground if you do not address the threat FIRST. Weapons recognition is KEY to addressing the threat. "Machine gun" don't cut it. That's a 7.62 mm M-60, .30 or .50 cal Browning to me. Doesn't do anyone any good if yours just adds to the body count. The threat is neutralized first, THEN you attend the wounded. Fortunately for you, some people DO live and breathe the shit because you'd be about as useful as tits on a boar. Some people step up and play the game, Pete. They don't man the sidelines and Monday morning quarterback.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    To respond to your comment about Elessar's comment. Pete, ... some of us are trained to recognize a threat and assess it FIRST. Doesn't matter how many bodies are laying on the ground if you do not address the threat FIRST. Weapons recognition is KEY to addressing the threat. "Machine gun" don't cut it. That's a 7.62 mm M-60, .30 or .50 cal Browning to me. Doesn't do anyone any good if yours just adds to the body count. The threat is neutralized first, THEN you attend the wounded. Fortunately for you, some people DO live and breathe the shit because you'd be about as useful as tits on a boar. Some people step up and play the game, Pete. They don't man the sidelines and Monday morning quarterback.
    This response would be reasonable if a military or police officer made the comments in question about the machine gun, not an untrained father unsure if he'll ever talk to his daughter again. Get it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Part of the problem with this gun control hysteria is that these little city slickers have never even held a gun in their LIFE, and they know NOTHING about them. You see it all over the internet, calling an AR-15 a MACHINE GUN, or an AUTOMATIC ASSAULT RIFLE, when it's NEITHER, it's just pure IGNORANCE. In fact, it's no more DANGEROUS than a semi automatic Remington, 30-06 hunting rifle, maybe even less so because the 5.56mm round that the AR-15 shoots is a PIP-SQUEAK compared to the 30.06, but the AR LOOKS SCARY, IT'S BLACK, IT'S GOT SCARY LOOKING THINGS ON IT... it doesn't have the pretty wood stock and fore grip like the hunting rifle, but the simple fact remains, one is NO MORE DANGEROUS THAN THE OTHER, PERIOD, END OF STORY. BUT, you say, well the AR-15 has a large capacity clip, well LA-DI-FRICKIN-DA... SO WHAT... I can buy 30, 5 shot clips for the SEMI automatic Remington hunting rifle too and have them all loaded up, it's the SAME THING as having 5, 30 round clips. And then you leftist say, well the AR-15 isn't a hunting rifle. Well guess what, LOTS of people here in Wisconsin hunt DEER with an AR-15, because you can get a barrel for it that will shot a .308 round, and people love it! But regardless, the 2nd amendment is NOT about HUNTING, and we ALL know that TOO, so that argument is just RETARDED.

It's IGNORANCE and EMOTION that drives the left with this gun control crap, ignorance of what guns are.

PEOPLE kill PEOPLE. Guns is just ONE way they can do it. The REAL problem here is the PEOPLE.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-15-2018 at 09:16 AM.

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    This response would be reasonable if a military or police officer made the comments in question about the machine gun, not an untrained father unsure if he'll ever talk to his daughter again. Get it?
    The point is, El IS a first responder. Hypothetical scenario: El can't do his job until I (the combat troop) clear him to. That's how I think, and that's how he thinks. It's a different world than the one you live in where you get to cherry pick HOW we respond.

His point about the ignorance of the father is this: All these gun control people that first off think the gun, not the idiot using it, is the culprit; yet, don't know a damned thing about them. How can you have an informed opinion on a topic you know nothing about? Yet, as noted in the references, clueless idiots, and yes, on the left, want to outlaw "those evil guns". It is a stupid argument.

Pay close attention to the MSNBC article that says school officials were warned about this assclown. My guess is you didn't even read them. Good thing I took the time to post them . WHAT kept this kid off the radar? Left wing fear of hurting his poor little feelings and/or putting something on his record that might "hurt him down the road". Really? Looks like he too care of "down the road" huh? Concern for his baby-ass little feelings because somebody made him mad cost 17 bodies when a judgement to get him some head help would have netted one pissed off punk.

This idiot went nuts here a week or so ago and stabbed 4 people to death and it never made it out of the local news. Why? He didn't shoot his victims. The left would politicize boiling water if it could think of a way.

And you know what? Some law-abiding citizen school teachers carrying concealed in school could have cut that body count WAY down. But THAT would be too practical and make too much sense.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Part of the problem with this gun control hysteria is that these little city slickers have never even held a gun in their LIFE, and they know NOTHING about them. You see it all over the internet, calling an AR-15 a MACHINE GUN, or an AUTOMATIC ASSAULT RIFLE, when it's NEITHER, it's just pure IGNORANCE. In fact, it's no more DANGEROUS than a semi automatic Remington, 30-06 hunting rifle, maybe even less so because the 5.56mm round that the AR-15 shoots is a PIP-SQUEAK compared to the 30.06, but the AR LOOKS SCARY, IT'S BLACK, IT'S GOT SCARY LOOKING THINGS ON IT... it doesn't have the pretty wood stock and fore grip like the hunting rifle, but the simple fact remains, one is NO MORE DANGEROUS THAN THE OTHER, PERIOD, END OF STORY. BUT, you say, well the AR-15 has a large capacity clip, well LA-DI-FRICKIN-DA... SO WHAT... I can buy 30, 5 shot clips for the SEMI automatic Remington hunting rifle too and have them all loaded up, it's the SAME THING as having 5, 30 round clips. And then you leftist say, well the AR-15 isn't a hunting rifle. Well guess what, LOTS of people here in Wisconsin hunt DEER with an AR-15, because you can get a barrel for it that will shot a .308 round, and people love it! But regardless, the 2nd amendment is NOT about HUNTING, and we ALL know that TOO, so that argument is just RETARDED.

It's IGNORANCE and EMOTION that drives the left with this gun control crap, ignorance of what guns are.

PEOPLE kill PEOPLE. Guns is just ONE way they can do it. The REAL problem here is the PEOPLE.
    I can do WAY more damage with a bolt action rifle with a scope simple because it'll take you forever for find me because I'm going to shoot and move and I will have picked my ground and firing points beforehand. Works like a charm.

9. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words, and this sums up the moron left about as good as anything can...

11. Thanks Gunny, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Elessar, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I can do WAY more damage with a bolt action rifle with a scope simple because it'll take you forever for find me because I'm going to shoot and move and I will have picked my ground and firing points beforehand. Works like a charm.
    Damn right, and anybody that knows ANYTHING about guns can tell you, a BOLT action rifle is the most ACCURATE rifle there is, that's why snipers use them, that's why hunters use them. It's also the strongest and least likely to EVER fail.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-15-2018 at 09:41 AM.

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

That nutcase Adam Schiff was about to burst he was ranting so hard on the news. What a freakin' loon. How about we have Dem control? They're more dangerous than any firearm I've ever seen, and at least firearms are honest and incapable of gross stupidity.

15. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes Elessar, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

The point is, El IS a first responder. Hypothetical scenario: El can't do his job until I (the combat troop) clear him to. That's how I think, and that's how he thinks. It's a different world than the one you live in where you get to cherry pick HOW we respond.

His point about the ignorance of the father is this: All these gun control people that first off think the gun, not the idiot using it, is the culprit; yet, don't know a damned thing about them. How can you have an informed opinion on a topic you know nothing about? Yet, as noted in the references, clueless idiots, and yes, on the left, want to outlaw "those evil guns". It is a stupid argument.
    Yes, @Gunny, I am a First Responder ever since I was 14 years old as a lifeguard. Even now, retired, I will put
    'eyes on scene' to help the Sheriffs and Coast Guard in a Search and Rescue situation along the immediate coast or upriver.

I learned weapons control and handling. First in the Boy Scouts, then in seminars given by the NRA.
    Then, in military training - Maritime Law Enforcement School, 3 times (got to renew quals).
    Well versed in ATF laws and rules.

Terminology floors me. Use the word 'clip' describing the loads on an AR-15.
    "Clips' were what was used to load an M-1....eight rounds, loaded, and the clip holding them withdrawn
    before cocking.

MAGAZINE is what hold the rounds in an M-16, .9mm, .45, .40 Cal. They are a fixed part of the
    weapon that can be ejected and replaced. Yet they are semi automatic, but some capable to go full auto.

Machine Gun is belt-fed. As long as you hold the trigger mechanism down, it will fire, recoil, reload, and fire again.

Our liberal media does not know any of this with any accuracy.

I know you could explain more clearly than me; but , YES, I am a First Responder and likely will be until I am seeing
    dirt over my head.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

17. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Yes, @Gunny, I am a First Responder ever since I was 14 years old as a lifeguard. Even now, retired, I will put
    'eyes on scene' to help the Sheriffs and Coast Guard in a Search and Rescue situation along the immediate coast or upriver.

I learned weapons control and handling. First in the Boy Scouts, then in seminars given by the NRA.
    Then, in military training - Maritime Law Enforcement School, 3 times (got to renew quals).
    Well versed in ATF laws and rules.

Terminology floors me. Use the word 'clip' describing the loads on an AR-15.
    "Clips' were what was used to load an M-1....eight rounds, loaded, and the clip holding them withdrawn
    before cocking.

MAGAZINE is what hold the rounds in an M-16, .9mm, .45, .40 Cal. They are a fixed part of the
    weapon that can be ejected and replaced. Yet they are semi automatic, but some capable to go full auto.

Machine Gun is belt-fed. As long as you hold the trigger mechanism down, it will fire, recoil, reload, and fire again.

Our liberal media does not know any of this with any accuracy.

I know you could explain more clearly than me; but , YES, I am a First Responder and likely will be until I am seeing
    dirt over my head.
    And I know a magazine is not a clip. I should have paid more attention when posting, but I was going fast as to not lose my train of thought.

19. Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    And I know a magazine is not a clip. I should have paid more attention when posting, but I was going fast as to not lose my train of thought.
    I figured as much!

Good to go HPD!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

21. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I figured as much!

Good to go HPD!
    I grew up around guns. Have been around them for as long as I can remember and still am. My Dad used to take my brother and I hunting with him even before either of us were big enough to carry and shoot a gun, but as soon as we were we DID. We always had a big gun case in the house full of guns, and we never thought ONCE of going in it and TAKING ONE OUT. We knew they weren't toys, we knew we weren't supposed to touch them without Dad's permission and that was just that.

I remember when it came time to hit the firing range and qualify on the M-16 in the Air Force, which had been modified to just shoot little .22LR, many of the people in my flight said that they'd NEVER TOUCHED A GUN IN THEIR LIFE. To this country boy, I just couldn't hardly believe how that could be, but, that is the way it is, still. These city slickers talking about MACHINE GUNS and AUTOMATIC WEAPON just have NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT SO EVER what the HELL they're talking about, but all the rest of the jackasses that are just as CLUELESS as they are about guns just SWALLOW IT HOOK LINE AND SINKER. It SOUNDS SCARY so JUST KEEP SAYING IT, even if it's been pointed out to you that you're WRONG. The only people that CRINGE when we hear it is people like US, and yes, we DID have a GUN RACK in the back of our pickups and we DID HAVE GUNS IN IT, and nobody gave it a second thought.

This country has gone DOWNHILL in my opinion, if I could turn the freakin' clock back, I WOULD. Back to before the SHITTY liberals started pushing their SICK, BULL SHIT POLITICALLY CORRECT, ANTI American garbage.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-15-2018 at 12:10 PM.

23. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I figured as much!

Good to go HPD!
    And I knew you weren't speaking DIRECTLY to JUST ME either, pard... no big deal, man. You had a good point worth making.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-15-2018 at 12:04 PM.

25. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

More BS. Dems melting down, as usual.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Trump should have been presidential like his predecessor and blamed the other party.