Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default 18 mass shootings in the first 45 days this year

That's the word and stories and articles going around. But no one bothers to truly look it up, they just listen to the MSM.

18 mass school shootings this year. Then it was just 18 shootings in school this year. What it SHOULD be rightfully is - mentally unstable or criminals, chose to use guns as their tool to kill people. Of course he could have used a huge truck and ran down a massive crowd like we have seen elsewhere and killed as many. Or someone could have used explosives and perhaps kill even more, like "Andrew Kehoe" did back in the 20's when he killed 38 school kids and 6 adults. Scumbag criminals will find a way.

Anyway, back to these "mass shootings". Or even "school shootings". Does anyone even research anymore, or do they just parrot bogus facts? A 31 year old killing himself on school property when no one is around - NOT a mass or even a school shooting. Accidentally firing a gun, at a TARGET no less, when an adviser/officer accidentally got his training gun and regular gun mixed up. NOT a mass shooting or even a school shooting. A 3rd grade student pulling a trigger of a school liaison officer’s holstered gun, who was not paying attention. No one was killed or injured. NOT a mass shooting or school shooting that folks are being misled about.

I'm not going to get into the whole gun/tool debate, said my part, but I think folks should continue to research such things, instead of regurgitating what the mass media falsely spews on us.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Just a little bit of history...

--

Flashback 30 Years: Guns Were in Schools ... and Nothing Happened

The millennial generation might be surprised to learn that theirs is the first without guns in school. Just 30 years ago, high school kids rode the bus with rifles and shot their guns at high school rifle ranges.

After another school shooting, it's time to ask: what changed?

Cross guns off the list of things that changed in thirty years. In 1985, semi-automatic rifles existed, and a semi-automatic rifle was used in Florida. Guns didn’t suddenly decide to visit mayhem on schools. Guns can’t decide.

We can also cross the Second Amendment off the list. It existed for over 200 years before this wickedness unfolded. Nothing changed in the Constitution.

That leaves us with some uncomfortable possibilities remaining. What has changed from thirty years ago when kids could take firearms into school responsibly and today might involve some difficult truths.

Let’s inventory the possibilities.

What changed? The mainstreaming of nihilism. Cultural decay. Chemicals. The deliberate destruction of moral backstops in the culture. A lost commonality of shared societal pressures to enforce right and wrong. And above all, simple, pure, evil.

Before you retort that we can’t account for the mentally ill, they existed forever.

Paranoid schizophrenics existed in 1888 and 2018. Mentally ill students weren’t showing up in schools with guns even three decades ago.

So it must be something else.

Those who have been so busy destroying the moral backstops in our culture won’t want to have this conversation. They’ll do what they do -- mock the truth.

There was a time in America, before the Snowflakes, when any adult on the block could reprimand a neighborhood kid who was out of line without fear.

Even thirty years ago, the culture still had invisible restraints developed over centuries. Those restraints, those leveling commonalities, were the target of a half-century of attack by the freewheeling counterculture that has now become the dominant replacement culture.

Hollywood made fun of these restraints in films too numerous to list.

The sixties mantra “don’t trust anyone over thirty” has become a billion-dollar industry devoted to the child always being right -- a sometimes deeply medicated brat who disrupts the classroom or escapes what used to be resolved with a paddling.

Instead of telling the kid to quit kicking the back of the seat on a plane, we buy seat guards to protect the seat.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/...hing-happened/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

3. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    That's the word and stories and articles going around. But no one bothers to truly look it up, they just listen to the MSM.

18 mass school shootings this year. Then it was just 18 shootings in school this year. What it SHOULD be rightfully is - mentally unstable or criminals, chose to use guns as their tool to kill people. Of course he could have used a huge truck and ran down a massive crowd like we have seen elsewhere and killed as many. Or someone could have used explosives and perhaps kill even more, like "Andrew Kehoe" did back in the 20's when he killed 38 school kids and 6 adults. Scumbag criminals will find a way.

Anyway, back to these "mass shootings". Or even "school shootings". Does anyone even research anymore, or do they just parrot bogus facts? A 31 year old killing himself on school property when no one is around - NOT a mass or even a school shooting. Accidentally firing a gun, at a TARGET no less, when an adviser/officer accidentally got his training gun and regular gun mixed up. NOT a mass shooting or even a school shooting. A 3rd grade student pulling a trigger of a school liaison officer’s holstered gun, who was not paying attention. No one was killed or injured. NOT a mass shooting or school shooting that folks are being misled about.

I'm not going to get into the whole gun/tool debate, said my part, but I think folks should continue to research such things, instead of regurgitating what the mass media falsely spews on us.
    There's a bunch of different articles/sources/links as I picked them up in that one thread on "Shooting - the Politics" or something like that.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Something that even pete could understand.

https://www.facebook.com/mrctv/videos/1792889367400770/
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Just a little bit of history...

--

Flashback 30 Years: Guns Were in Schools ... and Nothing Happened

The millennial generation might be surprised to learn that theirs is the first without guns in school. Just 30 years ago, high school kids rode the bus with rifles and shot their guns at high school rifle ranges.

After another school shooting, it's time to ask: what changed?

Cross guns off the list of things that changed in thirty years. In 1985, semi-automatic rifles existed, and a semi-automatic rifle was used in Florida. Guns didn’t suddenly decide to visit mayhem on schools. Guns can’t decide.

We can also cross the Second Amendment off the list. It existed for over 200 years before this wickedness unfolded. Nothing changed in the Constitution.

That leaves us with some uncomfortable possibilities remaining. What has changed from thirty years ago when kids could take firearms into school responsibly and today might involve some difficult truths.

Let’s inventory the possibilities.

What changed? The mainstreaming of nihilism. Cultural decay. Chemicals. The deliberate destruction of moral backstops in the culture. A lost commonality of shared societal pressures to enforce right and wrong. And above all, simple, pure, evil.

Before you retort that we can’t account for the mentally ill, they existed forever.

Paranoid schizophrenics existed in 1888 and 2018. Mentally ill students weren’t showing up in schools with guns even three decades ago.

So it must be something else.

Those who have been so busy destroying the moral backstops in our culture won’t want to have this conversation. They’ll do what they do -- mock the truth.

There was a time in America, before the Snowflakes, when any adult on the block could reprimand a neighborhood kid who was out of line without fear.

Even thirty years ago, the culture still had invisible restraints developed over centuries. Those restraints, those leveling commonalities, were the target of a half-century of attack by the freewheeling counterculture that has now become the dominant replacement culture.

Hollywood made fun of these restraints in films too numerous to list.

The sixties mantra “don’t trust anyone over thirty” has become a billion-dollar industry devoted to the child always being right -- a sometimes deeply medicated brat who disrupts the classroom or escapes what used to be resolved with a paddling.

Instead of telling the kid to quit kicking the back of the seat on a plane, we buy seat guards to protect the seat.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/...hing-happened/
    The point we all seem to make... we drove around with a GUN RACK in the back of our pickup with a couple RIFLES on it, we had pistols under our front seats or in the glove box, guns were everywhere and no one really cared, it was just a gun, and there WASN'T MASS SHOOTINGS... why is that?

Because the LIBERALS hadn't INFECTED all the schools with their BULL SHIT yet, that's why.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-16-2018 at 11:18 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

What I want to know is why you guys accept the status quo. No other nation has this many mass shootings outside of war zones. So you don't want gun control. Fine. What is your plan to combat this?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    What I want to know is why you guys accept the status quo. No other nation has this many mass shootings outside of war zones. So you don't want gun control. Fine. What is your plan to combat this?
    Lock up insane people. Put them back in state hospitals. Take their "rights" away. And I am pretty sure the school was a gun free zone. Good thing people obey gun laws.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Jim, I don't think you are going to understand the grave magnitude of the situation until there is a mass shooting in your area and your kid doesn't come home. Until then, the response will always be regurgitated blather.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Jim, I don't think you are going to understand the grave magnitude of the situation until there is a mass shooting in your area and your kid doesn't come home. Until then, the response will always be regurgitated blather.
    Has your kid not come home? Guess you should keep your mouth shut on the issue too, then.

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    So no one can understand unless their child is dead? Does this apply to you as well?

YES, I and others can understand, we have felt loss in many ways. We don't want to see anyone suffer or have a loss, ourselves or others. But this surely doesn't mean we don't understand the immense pain unless OUR child is killed that day.

And NOTHING WHATSOEVER that you said has ANYTHING to do with what I said about the shootings in my first post. So you are saying, that since folks didn't lose THEIR child - that they cannot point out the rhetoric and lies being passed around by the media about some of these mass shootings in schools that didn't happen? At least try reading and responding appropriately, I would respect you much more. Instead, looks you you read titles - or more so see ME posting, and come in with completely off topic CRAP.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

We don't. But they won't let us identify and outlaw idiots. Which is the REAL problem. Can't address the actual problem? Left's answer: address "something" dammit."
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Lock up insane people. Put them back in state hospitals. Take their "rights" away. And I am pretty sure the school was a gun free zone. Good thing people obey gun laws.
    Was this kid even ever evaluated?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Status Quo?

That is the liberal standard!

Pussy that never served and hates LE people,
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Status Quo?

That is the liberal standard!

Pussy that never served and hates LE people,
    Still no ideas

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Was this kid even ever evaluated?
    Ask your reputed 'sources'.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!