Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
I only made SSgt sewn on. I had a line number for TSgt, which is the HARDEST stripe to get in the AF, but this Captain red lined it because I was getting out. I didn't have the proper attitude near the end, or so he figured. The AF had pulled me off the flight line because of medical reasons, and they gave me a list of jobs I could cross train into, Photography being one of them, and I was into photography too, and I got a recommendation by my AF Thunderbirds photographer I knew from Nellis even, but they shuffled me off into a job that was being phased out of the military and handed over to civilians, Operational Training Detachment, so yeah, I had a shitty attitude.

Still... looking back... I should have fought, even though I know sometimes that amounts to about as much as slamming your head against a brick wall when it comes to the military. We ARE XB3... "THROW AWAY."
Nothing to fight. The services are told not to give you a promotion if you are close to EAS or not qualified to reenlist. In the Corps, you have to agree to extend or reenlist to have a minimum of 2 years left after promotion or no stripe. I had to pull my name off the 1stSgt's list to retire.