Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default U.S. Charges Russians With 2016 U.S. Election Tampering To Boost Trump

February 16, 2018
    By Warren Strobel, Dustin Volz and Jonathan Landay
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) – A Russian propaganda arm oversaw a criminal and espionage conspiracy to tamper in the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign to support Donald Trump and disparage Hillary Clinton, said an indictment released on Friday that revealed more details than previously known about Moscow’s purported effort to interfere.
    The office of U.S. Special Counsel Robert Mueller charged 13 Russians and three Russian companies, including St. Petersburg-based Internet Research Agency known for its trolling on social media. The official who oversees Mueller’s work said the investigation was not finished.
    (Indictment: http://tmsnrt.rs/2EvtgMh)
    The court document said those accused “had a strategic goal to sow discord in the U.S. political system, including the 2016 U.S. presidential election.”
    The indictment said Russians adopted false online personas to push divisive messages; traveled to the United States to collect intelligence, visiting 10 states; and staged political rallies while posing as Americans. In one case, it said, the Russians paid an unidentified person to build a cage aboard a flatbed truck and another to wear a costume “portraying Clinton in a prison uniform.”
    The surprise 37-page indictment could alter the divisive U.S. domestic debate over Russia’s meddling, undercutting some Republicans who, along with Trump, have attacked Mueller’s investigation.
    “These Russians engaged in a sinister and systematic attack on our political system. It was a conspiracy to subvert the process, and take aim at democracy itself,” said Paul Ryan, Republican Speaker of the House of Representatives.
    The indictment is silent on the question of whether the Trump campaign colluded with the Kremlin, which Mueller is investigating.
    In a Tweet on Friday, Trump gave his most direct acknowledgement that Russia had meddled in the election, which he has frequently disputed.
    “Russia started their anti-US campaign in 2014, long before I announced that I would run for President. The results of the election were not impacted. The Trump campaign did nothing wrong – no collusion!” Trump wrote.
    Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova called the allegations that Russian nationals interfered in U.S. elections “absurd” and ridiculed the idea that so few could undermine U.S. democracy.
    “13 against the billions’ budgets of the secret services?” she asked in a Facebook post.
    The accused Russians are unlikely to be arrested or to appear in a U.S. court on the charges, which include conspiracy to defraud the United States, wire fraud, bank fraud and identity theft.
    ECHOES OF INTELLIGENCE REPORT
    The indictment broadly echoes the conclusions of a January 2017 U.S. intelligence assessment, which found that Russia had meddled in the election, and that its goals eventually included aiding Trump. In November 2016, Trump won a surprise victory over Democratic Party candidate Clinton.
    Mueller’s indictment did not tie the meddling effort to the Russian government. But the earlier U.S. intelligence assessment said Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered a campaign to influence the U.S. election.
    Trump has never unequivocally accepted the U.S. intelligence report and has denounced Mueller’s probe into whether his campaign colluded with the Kremlin as a “witch hunt.”
    Some of those charged, posing as Americans, “communicated with unwitting individuals associated with the Trump campaign,” the indictment said.
    Last year, Mueller charged Trump’s former campaign manager and his deputy with money-laundering and other crimes, and accepted guilty pleas from two former foreign policy aides for lying to the FBI.
    Friday’s indictment of the Russians, coupled with the FBI disclosure that it failed to heed a warning about the Florida high school shooter, were blows to the White House, still reeling from the fallout of a scandal involving a former aide accused of domestic abuse by two ex-wives.
    U.S. stocks had been up over half a percent but lost nearly all of that after the indictment came out.
    ‘CONSPIRATORS’
    U.S. Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein told a press conference: “The defendants allegedly conducted what they called information warfare against the United States, with the stated goal of spreading distrust towards the candidates and the political system in general.”
    The indictment describes a sophisticated, multi-year and well-funded operation, dubbed “Project Lakhta,” by Russian entities to influence the election, beginning as early as May 2014.
    Russians unlawfully used stolen social security numbers and birth dates of Americans to open accounts on the PayPal digital payment platform and to post on social media using those fake identities, the indictment said.
    Mueller also on Friday reached an agreement with an American named Richard Pinedo, who pled guilty to aiding and abetting interstate and foreign identity fraud by creating, buying and stealing hundreds of bank account numbers that he sold to individuals to use with large digital payment companies.
    According to a source familiar with the indictments, Pinedo is the person cited in the document as helping the Russian conspirators launder money, as well as purchase Facebook ads and pay for rally supplies, through PayPal Holdings Inc..
    Pinedo’s attorney, Jeremy I. Lessem, said in a statement that “Mr. Pinedo had absolutely no knowledge of the identities and motivations of any of the purchasers of the information he provided.”
    The Russians sought to measure the impact of their online social media operations, tracking the size of U.S. audiences reached through posts and other types of engagement, such as likes, comments and reposts, according to the indictment.
    Facebook said in a statement that it had previously disclosed the Internet Research Agency’s activity on its platform. “We know we have more to do to prevent against future attacks,” said Joel Kaplan, Facebook’s vice president of global policy.
    Twitter, whose platform also was used, declined to comment on the indictment.
    The Internet Research Agency was registered with the Russian government as a corporate entity in July 2013 and St. Petersburg “became one of the organization’s operational hubs,” for the project, the indictment said.
    The organization employed hundreds of people, ranging from creators of fictitious person to technical experts, and by September 2016, its monthly budget was in excess of $1.2 million, the court document said.
    Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats told the Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday that he had already seen evidence Russia was targeting U.S. elections in November, when Republican control of the House of Representatives and Senate are at stake, plus a host of positions in state governments.
    The indictment said the Russians it charged tried to destroy evidence of their crimes.
    For example, in September 2017, one of the defendants wrote an email to a family member stating: “We had a slight crisis at work: the FBI busted our activity (not a joke). So, I got preoccupied with covering tracks together with colleagues.”
    The email continued: “I created all these pictures and posts, and the Americans believed that it was written by their people.”
    (Reporting by Warren Strobel, Dustin Volz, Jonathan Landay; additional reporting by Lisa Lambert, Patricia Zengerle, Mark Hosenball, David Shepardson, David Alexander, Steve Holland, David Ingram, Noel Randewich and; Jack Stubbs and Christian Lowe in Moscow; editing by Mary Milliken and Grant McCool)
    http://www.oann.com/russians-indicte...investigation/

This is hogwash. Sounds like justifying a waste of time and money. "Some" Russians tried to interfere in our election process by spreading misinformation. Or the truth, depending on your view of Hitlery. She doesn't need any help getting negative press. THERE's a new idea . Wonder what would happen if the CIA was investigated for spreading disinformation in foreign countries in an attempt to alter the out come of an election ....

Wait! There's more ... the investigation is STILL ongoing (because nothing has been found to tie Trump to it) even though the disinformation campaign began before Trump announced his candidacy. More

What a joke.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Oh there WAS Russian COLLUSION... it was just between the HITLERY CAMP and the DEMOCRATS and Russia... something the democrat propaganda cabal is COMPLETELY IGNORING.

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    http://www.oann.com/russians-indicte...investigation/

This is hogwash. Sounds like justifying a waste of time and money. "Some" Russians tried to interfere in our election process by spreading misinformation. Or the truth, depending on your view of Hitlery. She doesn't need any help getting negative press. THERE's a new idea . Wonder what would happen if the CIA was investigated for spreading disinformation in foreign countries in an attempt to alter the out come of an election ....

Wait! There's more ... the investigation is STILL ongoing (because nothing has been found to tie Trump to it) even though the disinformation campaign began before Trump announced his candidacy. More

What a joke.
    Proof is in the pudding.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Oh there WAS Russian COLLUSION... it was just between the HITLERY CAMP and the DEMOCRATS and Russia... something the democrat propaganda cabal is COMPLETELY IGNORING.
    I'm not holding my breath waiting on THAT investigation to start. FBI and DOJ criminals STILL at work collecting a check on our dime.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I'm not holding my breath waiting on THAT investigation to start. FBI and DOJ criminals STILL at work collecting a check on our dime.
    Me neither, brother... me neither. I won't believe anyone will go to JAIL for all this corruption until I see a news clip of them being PERP WALKED OFF TO JAIL.

9. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Maybe this will help brighten up your day??

Good Reading.....

Does Mueller Indictment Mean Clinton Campaign Can Be Indicted for Chris Steele?

https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/does...-chris-steele/
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Of course Mueller's indictments are a sham. Just more desperation on his part to justify his bogus witch hunt. He's making himself look like the petty fool. He needs to call it a day. He's a waste of tax dollars.

OR ... start investigating Clinton, Steele, DOJ/FBI involvement in trying to steal an election. After all, he has given the authority to investigate anything wherever the case leads. So far he's investigated everything BUT where a blind man could follow.

12. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

You guys seem to forget there are 3 parts to Mueller's investigation. Trump collusion is only one part. Even if no collusion is found it's pretty damn important to expose russian election interference. (if it ultimately had no effect on the result is besides the point)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    You guys seem to forget there are 3 parts to Mueller's investigation. Trump collusion is only one part. Even if no collusion is found it's pretty damn important to expose russian election interference. (if it ultimately had no effect on the result is besides the point)
    Keep dreaming. Your pussy will continue to be grabbed. Faggot.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I never heard of "3 parts." All I heard was "COLLUSION between Russia and the Trump campaign." There's nothing besides that to "forget."

Not to mention, Mueller can't be trusted to investigate Hitlery and the dem involvement when HE WAS INVOLVED IN IT HIMSELF.

He needs to be fired, and then INVESTIGATED by a new S.C, Rosenstein too.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-18-2018 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

The "Russian interference" supposedly "exposed" is some yahoos goofing on the internet. BFD. By THAT standard, The Democrats and left in general can be charged with interfering with the US election process.

And what are WE doing on THIS board? Making comments about the Russian election. Right? I'll bet we're sure swaying a bunch if opinions.

The whole argument is based on the fallacy that anyone listens to quacks and their political BS on the internet to begin with. Nobody's minds are changed. Look at you ... No amount of common sense, logic and/or facts dissuades you. Likewise, no amount of illogic, nonsense and fabricated "facts" (lies) is going to change MY mind. Only something REAL will.

This is a witch hunt to get Trump by hook or crook and you know it. Nothing more.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Keep dreaming. Your pussy will continue to be grabbed. Faggot.
    this response makes no sense, are you ok?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

This is a witch hunt to get Trump by hook or crook and you know it. Nothing more.
    Considering everyone in our intelligence community even Trump appointees admit Russians meddled and continue to meddle in our elections, Mueller has come down with indictments with more to come, I'd say the investigation is worthwhile even if Trump is left unscathed. Why can't you admit at least that? Or are you paid russian troll? I'm starting to wonder if this community is not paid off. You guys seem cozy with russians doing whatever they want. Dan Coats said we are under attack and you guys look the other way. How american. Ruskies winning.
    Last edited by pete311; 02-18-2018 at 04:33 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I never heard of "3 parts." All I heard was "COLLUSION between Russia and the Trump campaign." There's nothing besides that to "forget."

Not to mention, Mueller can't be trusted to investigate Hitlery and the dem involvement when HE WAS INVOLVED IN IT HIMSELF.

He needs to be fired, and then INVESTIGATED by a new S.C, Rosenstein too.
    Maybe you should read up on the investigation's purpose as officially stated instead of reading MSM. What did I say about being careful of not blowing your top when you don't understand everything.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

this response makes no sense, are you ok?
    Ok let me spell it out.
    You're dreaming of trump being removed from office or being forced to resign like Nixon was. It's never going to happen. Ever.