Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Default Top poster

Who are Carson Wentz and John Riggins. They're the top posters ... hundreds of thousand posts and yet I can't read any of them? I know I've been away a lot but that's crazy!
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Who are Carson Wentz and John Riggins. They're the top posters ... hundreds of thousand posts and yet I can't read any of them? I know I've been away a lot but that's crazy!
    I asked about this too awhile ago... they MAKE THEM UP... they're fictional as a joke.

Something about sports.

3. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I asked about this too awhile ago... they MAKE THEM UP... they're fictional as a joke.

Something about sports.
    Jimbob is the top poster. He has some aversion to being the top poster. So ... Jimbob invented two slots with "more posts" than he and changes the names from time to time. Usually they are Pittsburgh Steelers.

Carson Wentz is some QB in college that was supposed to be the "next big thing" in the NFL. Haven't heard of him since, and don't know what team he went to.

John Riggins played umpteen years for the NY Jets. He went to the Redskins where they actually used him to his potential (beast fullback), and with "the Hogs" as his offensive line, they basically carried the Skins to a Superbowl win. Their only loss that season? To Dallas in RFK . Dallas only win that season? The Skins in RFK . Successful Dallas season
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes Elessar, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I asked Jimbob about this a couple of years back.
    Kinda thought someone was scamming him.

He does not like being the top poster as owner.

@Gunny....Riggins was a beast. Fast enough to run shuttle hurdles in college,
    but powerful enough to blow through a line. Trying to arm-tackle him was a fruitless endeavor.

Carson was the Eagles starter until his ACL blew out
    Last edited by Elessar; 02-18-2018 at 02:38 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I asked Jimbob about this a couple of years back.
    Kinda thought someone was scamming him.

He does not like being the top poster as owner.

@Gunny....Riggins was a beast. Fast enough to run shuttle hurdles in college,
    but powerful enough to blow through a line. Trying to arm-tackle him was a fruitless endeavor.

Carson was the Eagles starter until his ACL blew out
    Riggins was misused in NY. I think he actually retired from the NFL then came back to play for the Redskins. Was one of the only ways to get off a team before free agency.

I usually barely keep up with the NFL and less so this past season. Had no idea who Wentz is. I hear about the Cowboys because they are "the" team here. San Antonio has tried for years to get a team here and I'd be willing to be money Dallas has kept that from happening. They have most of the state sewn up. They're not giving up anything from local airtime to merchandising for a team in the direct center of the state to move in and strip a good chunk of fans. He'd lost most of anything south of I-10.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Riggins was misused in NY. I think he actually retired from the NFL then came back to play for the Redskins. Was one of the only ways to get off a team before free agency.

I usually barely keep up with the NFL and less so this past season. Had no idea who Wentz is. I hear about the Cowboys because they are "the" team here. San Antonio has tried for years to get a team here and I'd be willing to be money Dallas has kept that from happening. They have most of the state sewn up. They're not giving up anything from local airtime to merchandising for a team in the direct center of the state to move in and strip a good chunk of fans. He'd lost most of anything south of I-10.

I really liked watching John Riggins back in the day. Now it's all black players, doing gorilla imitations out in the field, beating their chests and howling ---- I can't look at that kind of thing.

And all the beating up of their little children and all their baby mamas in every city they go to. The drug use, the crimes. The unpatriotic behavior this season, the false victim stance. It's disgusting. I think the NFL made a big mistake cutting out white players and hiring mostly blacks. Considering their audience is mostly white.

I never watch football any more --- I'm morally opposed to it now because the players are such horrible people, criminals for the most part.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

He quit for a year.

NJ jets did not use him right.
    A 6'2' 245 running back with hurdler speed?
    Power to run into and through defensive tackles and linebackers?

He was a perfect fit with the Hogs!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!