Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Time to think about banning knives

And no, not just rhetoric. But if the goal is to stop killings....

Look at the pure numbers. The murder rate & other violent crimes are right up there with the USA. If you take away one tool, another tool will be found. Anyone ignoring this, or claiming otherwise, is delusional. Yes, of course a gun will be faster and maybe kill more depending on the location. But as you can see, knife attacks can and will be used if a scumbag wants to kill someone. The knives aren't killing people, the scumbags are. The guns don't kill people, the scumbags pull the triggers. And then explosives. One of the worst mass killings in school history was back in the 30's and was an explosive. Scumbags WILL find a way. To think otherwise and continually attacking the tool won't do a ton to keep solving these crimes. These aren't stories from yesterday, just used for comparison reasons to show the arguments to be lame.

--

Knives Kill More People Each Year Than Rifles: Time For Knife Control?

According to crime statistics from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), knives are consistently used to kill people far more often than rifles are used. And the numbers aren’t even close: five times as many murders were committed with knives than were committed with rifles last year.

The FBI statistics show that knives have been used as a murder weapon far more often than rifles — even those evil “assault weapons” we hear so much about — for quite a while. In 2013, knives or other cutting instruments were used to kill 1,490 victims. In contrast, rifles were the cause of death of 285 murder victims. Shotguns were used in 308 murders. In 2009, the ratio was very similar: knives were used in five times as many murders as rifles.

The 2013 numbers are even more interesting when you compare them to data from 2003, the last year in which the 1994 federal “assault weapon” ban was in effect. In 2003, 390 people were murdered with a rifle. That’s right. The number of rifle murders is 27 percent lower today — ten years after the expiration of the “assault weapon” ban — than it was in 2003, the last year “assault weapons” were banned by the federal government.

“But what about handgun murders?” you might ask. “They’re responsible for the majority of gun murders, so why don’t we just ban them and stop worrying about rifles?”

Easy: because gun bans and strict gun control don’t really prevent gun violence. Take, for example, Illinois and California. In 2013, there were 5,782 murders by handgun in the U.S. According to FBI data, 20 percent of those — 1,157 of the 5,782 handgun murders — happened in Illinois and California, which have two of the toughest state gun control regimes in the entire country. And even though California and Illinois contain about 16 percent of the nation’s population, those two states are responsible for over 20 percent of the nation’s handgun murders.

Rest - http://thefederalist.com/2014/11/11/...knife-control/

Crime/Death/Murder stats comparisons:

Country vs country: China and United States compared: Crime stats

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-...d-States/Crime

At least 28 die in 'terrorist' attack at Chinese train station: reports

BEIJING (Reuters) - At least 28 people were killed by knife-wielding attackers in a “violent terrorist attack” at a train station in the southwestern Chinese city of Kunming, and police shot dead five of the assailants, state media said on Sunday.

Another 113 people were wounded, the official Xinhua news agency said, revising down a previous higher figure. It said the attack had taken place late on Saturday evening.

“It was an organized, premeditated violent terrorist attack,” Xinhua said.

Police were searching for around five others of the unidentified attackers, it said.

Kunming resident Yang Haifei told Xinhua that he was buying a ticket when he saw a group of people, mostly wearing black, rush into the station and start attacking bystanders.

“I saw a person come straight at me with a long knife and I ran away with everyone,” he said, adding that the attackers caught those who were slower. “They just fell on the ground.”

Graphic pictures on the Twitter-like microblogging service Sina Weibo showed bodies covered in blood lying on the ground at the station.

State television showed police wrapping a long, sword-like knife in a plastic bag, amid heavy security at the station.

Rest - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...A200OQ20140301
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks LongTermGuy, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Then what is the solution. The facts are the US has a higher murder rate than any country in Europe besides Russia and there are a lot of liberals in Europe.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Then what is the solution. The facts are the US has a higher murder rate than any country in Europe besides Russia and there are a lot of liberals in Europe.
    Put the insane people back in mental hospitals for starters.

Europe and Russia don't have the diversity we have. Or they didn't...

5. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Put the insane people back in mental hospitals for starters.

Europe and Russia don't have the diversity we have. Or they didn't...
    Seems like only white males shoot up schools. Did this kid ever get a mental exam?

Trump backs efforts to bolster FBI gun checks
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireS...ussia-53190455

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

petey. You did it again. Tell us oh brainless one. What is the population of each European country, compared to the U.S. 320 Million? Then think for yourself....for a change, and logically.
    Last edited by aboutime; 02-19-2018 at 03:26 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

8. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    petey. You did it again. Tell us oh brainless one. What is the population of each European country, compared to the U.S. 320 Million? Then think for yourself....for a change, and logically.
    you realize murder rate is per capita right... right? Do you know what that means?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

you realize murder rate is per capita right... right? Do you know what that means?
    No. Nobody else on earth is as smart as you. So you tell us all you know, and forget what i said.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Seems like only white males shoot up schools. Did this kid ever get a mental exam?

Trump backs efforts to bolster FBI gun checks
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireS...ussia-53190455

Seems like the Cancer of Liberalism (which effects all colors) makes all bad things possible with its Ignorance.....and stupidity...The decline in moral values which is necessary for a rise in liberal values is the root cause.......

**This has been slowly coming on for decades. Liberal indoctrination has created dependent, mind numbed puppets to do their bidding. Look at the violence and death threats made after the election just because they didn’t get their way.

Look at the violence they resort to when preventing speakers they don’t agree with. Look at how colleges gave them coloring books, safe spaces, and play doh` to soothe them.

Aren’t they supposed to be adults now? Participation trophy's have denied the important lesson of being a gracious loser and a humble winner.

***Liberalism has created people devoid of >>common sense<<lacking respect for others, and the ability to reason. A lot of liberals never take responsibility for their own actions and will blame others (usually their leaders opponents) when things go wrong. Yes liberal indoctrination is the root cause of many of our problems today.

​`Mental Illness` and Liberalism causes Death....

An oldie...but it still holds true today...

Last edited by LongTermGuy; 02-19-2018 at 03:44 PM.

12. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Come and take it, motherfuckers...

"I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

You have the rhetoric of a solution.

So show it.

Otherwise be a PART of a solution....not an excuse for a liberal denial.

You make me sick with your blinders and denial.

Hide in your basement.

You have not got the balls of a Rat.
    Last edited by Elessar; 02-19-2018 at 05:33 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Impossible.

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

If a single person runs into a school or mall with a large knife, how many people are going to be killed? How many are going to be too intimidated by a knife to act?
    Once again, this is far-right bullshit thrown out cowardly apologists who don't want to admit they are wrong. They prefer the right to own guns over the safety of children. And will continue to believe such until they have to deal with one of their loved ones laying on a slab at the morgue.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...on-types-used/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    If a single person runs into a school or mall with a large knife, how many people are going to be killed?

Wait, I thought the song and dance by the left was "If you can save just one Life"

I guess that only applies to gun grabbing.
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Explain this Pete and Gabby:

http://www.politifact.com/texas/stat...eople-are-kil/

Let's us see your 'wisdom'.

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

You keep asking and offering nothing but a guaranteed failure as a solution. Got another plan? Of course not. You'll sink with the same one that doesn't work rather than admit you're wrong.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke