Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Funny when you see dolts whining about "why do you need such a gun..." -- and if you were to post an old "looking" gun like Grandpa used to use, with the same capacity and same ammo used, and they are just too dense and uneducated to know.
    Fact is, she tried to game her question. She started with what you could do with a blade then tried to make it comparable to semi-automatic weapon.

Far as I'm concerned, and since Pete thinks he's so "up on the Gunny", this guy was a miserable failure. I could rack twice the body count if not more and use "Grandpa's" 12 gauge pump and my bolt action Remington with a 5 shot mag.

What they don't get, and lively never will is it's THE PERSON that is dangerous. Not the freakin' tool. All these bleeding hearts are just lucky almost all of these yahoos are "think for the moment" killers and don't actually know what they're doing or have a plan.

And @pete311 I don't know what possessed you to drag me down into your sewer, but Rambo was a pussy, not to mention a fictional character.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

So gun deaths in America are higher than other nations?

So is our population.

But aside from that fact, what the left DOESN'T want to SPECIFY about the number of gun deaths in America is, MOST OF THEM ARE SUICIDE.

Let's have some more LIES, OMISSIONS and OBFUSCATIONS demtards, I'm not done laughing yet...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-19-2018 at 08:39 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    called it! we got a bunch of 70 year old rambos here!

petey. Unlike you three year old liberal wussies who whine about everything.

At least most of us 70 year olds know how to handle kiddies like you.

Keep coming here to make fun of us. And remember. IF YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH to live as long as us. YOU will one day reach 70. And figure out why ALL OF US LAUGHED AT YOU.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

5. Thanks Gunny, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Just a few examples of what happens when the scumbag criminals don't have guns as an option.

---

Outside the Americas, Knives Are Often the Weapon of Choice in Homicides

More than 130 people in Kunming, China, were injured when about ten men and women wielding knives began stabbing others at random.

On Saturday, more than 130 people in a train station in Kunming, China, were injured when about ten men and women wielding knives began stabbing others at random, the BBC reports. The attackers, who authorities say might be members of a Muslim separatist group from Xinjiang province, used swords and meat cleavers to inflict damage on people lined up near the busy station’s ticket counter. Officials stated that at least 28 people have been confirmed dead as a result of the attacks, Reuters reports.

As shocking as Saturday’s attack is, knife attacks are not uncommon in China. As Quartz reports, knives are often the weapon of choice there. Here’s Quartz:

It’s unclear exactly how many knife attacks have taken place in China over the years, but the almost regular media reports of the attacks suggest that efforts to regulate the purchase of knives or punish offenders haven’t been successful.

Most recently, targets for these knife attacks have included schools and shopping centers. Last June, knife-wielding assailants killed nine policemen and 17 civilians at a police station in Lukqun Township in Xinjiang.

In July of 2013, a mentally ill man stabbed four people, leaving a two-year-old boy dead, outside of a Carrefour shop in Beijing with a knife he purchased from the store. The following month, another man stabbed several passengers on a bus in Henan province, killing three, including a 10-month old baby and a 10-year-old child.
    China is not unique in its problem with knives, however. In Japan, in 2001 a janitor wielding a kitchen knife killed eight children at an Osaka school where he worked, while a man in Tokyo went on a random stabbing spree with a dagger in 2008, killing four people. In South Korea, a disgruntled man killed eight people in a stabbing spree at his apartment complex in 2008. In Germany, a drunk 16-year-old stabbed 41 people at the opening ceremony of a Berlin train station. And last year, anti-knife campaigns ramped up in the U.K after a 13-year-old girl was stabbed to death.

All of these countries have tight gun control laws, and rates of violent crime involving knives reflect that. According to the United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime, firearms account for 76 percent of homicide weapons in the Americas (30 countries), while knives make up just 10 percent of those crimes. In Europe (32 countries), on the other hand, guns are involved in 36 percent of murders and knives are involved in 43 percent. Here’s the U.N.:

Over the whole age range, a male in the Americas is around six times more likely to be killed by a firearm than a knife. In contrast, in 17 countries in Asia, firearm and sharp object homicides are much more equally distributed in the 15 to 34 age group: while a slightly higher proportion of violent deaths are caused by firearm in each group, a male in the countries examined in Asia is almost as likely to be killed by a knife as a firearm.
    Likewise, deaths among European men are about evenly divided between guns and sharp objects, the U.N. reports. While either a gun or a knife is, clearly, a potential murder weapon, there is a correlation between the availability of guns and the lethality of violent crimes, the U.N. writes.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...des-180949953/

Report: 36 killed after knife gang attacks police station

Knife-wielding assailants killed nine policemen and 17 civilians in a bloody attack that only ended after 10 attackers were shot dead in western China Wednesday, according to NBC News.

The site reports at least three people were also injured during the early morning assault on the Lukqun Township in Xinjiang province.

If confirmed, it would be one of the bloodiest incidents in Xinjiang since nearly 200 people were killed in the regional capital, Urumqi, in 2009, NBC News reports.

Rest - http://newsok.com/article/3857131
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

called it! we got a bunch of 70 year old rambos here!
    Ya... and here's you young dough boys...

https://www.newsmax.com/us/americans.../28/id/579805/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Just a few examples of what happens when the scumbag criminals don't have guns as an option.

---

Outside the Americas, Knives Are Often the Weapon of Choice in Homicides

More than 130 people in Kunming, China, were injured when about ten men and women wielding knives began stabbing others at random.

On Saturday, more than 130 people in a train station in Kunming, China, were injured when about ten men and women wielding knives began stabbing others at random, the BBC reports. The attackers, who authorities say might be members of a Muslim separatist group from Xinjiang province, used swords and meat cleavers to inflict damage on people lined up near the busy station’s ticket counter. Officials stated that at least 28 people have been confirmed dead as a result of the attacks, Reuters reports.

As shocking as Saturday’s attack is, knife attacks are not uncommon in China. As Quartz reports, knives are often the weapon of choice there. Here’s Quartz:

China is not unique in its problem with knives, however. In Japan, in 2001 a janitor wielding a kitchen knife killed eight children at an Osaka school where he worked, while a man in Tokyo went on a random stabbing spree with a dagger in 2008, killing four people. In South Korea, a disgruntled man killed eight people in a stabbing spree at his apartment complex in 2008. In Germany, a drunk 16-year-old stabbed 41 people at the opening ceremony of a Berlin train station. And last year, anti-knife campaigns ramped up in the U.K after a 13-year-old girl was stabbed to death.

All of these countries have tight gun control laws, and rates of violent crime involving knives reflect that. According to the United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime, firearms account for 76 percent of homicide weapons in the Americas (30 countries), while knives make up just 10 percent of those crimes. In Europe (32 countries), on the other hand, guns are involved in 36 percent of murders and knives are involved in 43 percent. Here’s the U.N.:

Likewise, deaths among European men are about evenly divided between guns and sharp objects, the U.N. reports. While either a gun or a knife is, clearly, a potential murder weapon, there is a correlation between the availability of guns and the lethality of violent crimes, the U.N. writes.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...des-180949953/

Report: 36 killed after knife gang attacks police station

Knife-wielding assailants killed nine policemen and 17 civilians in a bloody attack that only ended after 10 attackers were shot dead in western China Wednesday, according to NBC News.

The site reports at least three people were also injured during the early morning assault on the Lukqun Township in Xinjiang province.

If confirmed, it would be one of the bloodiest incidents in Xinjiang since nearly 200 people were killed in the regional capital, Urumqi, in 2009, NBC News reports.

Rest - http://newsok.com/article/3857131
    Pete thinks you have to be a movie actor to pull off something that is rather easy. Two combat knives (y'all said knives - I'd rather have a sword), and a crowd? Don't get much easier. If you are trained, you can kill at least 4 people before anyone even registers it's time to react. Four more before they do reach. Four stragglers easy. That would take roughly a minute to 90 seconds. If you have an exit strategy (one would presume the average nut case would not), you haul ass and can be out of the parking lot before the first police arrive. Vehicle strategically located near Interstate and you're gone.

Granted, that is hypothetical because it would serve no real purpose. But then, neither does shooting up a school.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default At least we know...from experience.....

They wanna ban knives because they are SHARP.

Liberals never have to worry about THEM being banned. THEY AREN'T TOO SHARP! Ask petey.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

I'm stepping aside from this discussion as it has become toxic. My apologies to those I have offended.
    Last edited by pete311; 02-19-2018 at 09:31 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I'm stepping aside from this discussion as it has become toxic. My apologies to those I have offended.
    Well there's a new one... the truth is now "toxic."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default What a joke petey.

Coward petey. Running from his sinking ship. Your apologies are as valid as your lack of honesty.
    Just like the DNC, and Democrats taught you. Repeat your lies, accuse others with lies, then pretend to apologize while running for the door to the ALLEY...and the Gutter where your brain power flows to the sewer.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

@pete311 stand your ground.

Speaking solely for me, I am not offended, insulted, or whatever. You opened your mouth and I jumped in it. I make fun of ME. That means you don't stand a chance at getting a break.

You don't know what you're talking about, simple as that. Not only do you not, but you are on a board where some of us DO have firsthand knowledge and we didn't get it in a movie theater.

Bottom line: There is NOTHING and I mean NOTHING you or anyone else can do that is going to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals. Why lefties think punishing the innocent is the way to accomplish that beats me, but it's y'all's mindset about everything. "Let's make a new law restricting _______."

You aren't going to stop a criminal who by definition is a _____? from breaking the law. He's already going to rob, steal and kill but for some illogical reason you think he's going to stop and say "No, I won't violate the firearms law". Right.
    Last edited by Gunny; 02-19-2018 at 10:14 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

There's already a law against KILLING PEOPLE.

Why didn't that stop the killer?

I haven't gotten an answer from any of our board leftists.

I also haven't gotten an answer as to why all these killers are from THEIR GENERATION.

Any of you leftists care to explain that?

Why isn't all us OLD FOSSIL VETERANS that you HATE and frequently INSULT doing all this killing?

You liberals want us to take you seriously, how about answering those questions?
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-19-2018 at 09:55 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    There's already a law against KILLING PEOPLE.

Why didn't that stop the killer?

I haven't gotten an answer from any of our board leftists.

I also haven't gotten an answer as to why all these killers are from THEIR GENERATION.

Any of you leftists care to explain that?

Why isn't all us OLD FOSSIL VETERANS that you HATE and frequently INSULT doing all this killing?

You liberals want us to take you seriously, how about answering those questions?
    We don't get out of bed early enough?

Hell, I sleep in 'til 5AM nowadays.

17. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    We don't get out of bed early enough?

Hell, I sleep in 'til 5AM nowadays.
    I hear that... awake by 6:00AM just about every morning without an alarm clock.

On the rare occasion I stay awake past 11:00PM, I might sleep in 'til 7:00AM...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I hear that... awake by 6:00AM just about every morning without an alarm clock.

On the rare occasion I stay awake past 11:00PM, I might sleep in 'til 7:00AM...
    I don't have an alarm clock. Hell, I don't have a clock (I got a watch). Have to get the oldest granddaughter up at 6. She's special needs and won't get up for anyone else. Which is touching, but sucks.

Being the "morning person" I AIN'T, I have to down some coffee and smokes before dealing with them. So I'm usually up around 4:30 - 500.