Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Little House of Horrors

I keep an eye on real estate prices in Florida for future plans. I usually will start at the bottom of the price range and go up. Never know if you find a nice place that with a little investment might be a great spot.

Came across this gem. Which looks like a prop from a recent horror flick. The realtor probably shouldn't have put the 'mystery splat stain on the wall' photo in there. The rest are bad enough, the worst I think being the straight-fuschia painted kitchen... including the cupboards.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-37376#photo32

2. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I know what area that house is in. Love the bathroom

You need to be of a certain ethnic persuasion that isn't white to live in that area. Anything that will go for $38K in Jax is an automatic cross off. My brother and ex-SIL worked in real estate there for years.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

When you find something like that, you're just buying a lot, because a house that bad would be best bull dozed.

And I love your sig GIF of the cat slapping the dog...

6. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

You need to be of a certain ethnic persuasion that isn't white to live in that area. Anything that will go for $38K in Jax is an automatic cross off. My brother and ex-SIL worked in real estate there for years.
    gotta love the mumu hanging in the bathroom, lol

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Oh I know that property would likely be best just knocked down after trying to salvage the steel from the roof Since moving down there is a few years away still, looking at places that need some money and time invested isn't out of the question. If we see something that would be worth it for us, then we'll go for it. Not necessarily for us to live in but likely to eventually flip or rent out.

The price range that low may be for a condo that is worth fixing up or a townhouse, etc. I never fully discount a place just because the price is that low. Might be worth knocking down and building from scratch, etc.

10. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KitchenKitten99 View Post
    Oh I know that property would likely be best just knocked down after trying to salvage the steel from the roof Since moving down there is a few years away still, looking at places that need some money and time invested isn't out of the question. If we see something that would be worth it for us, then we'll go for it. Not necessarily for us to live in but likely to eventually flip or rent out.

The price range that low may be for a condo that is worth fixing up or a townhouse, etc. I never fully discount a place just because the price is that low. Might be worth knocking down and building from scratch, etc.
    Jax is a nice place. My parents moved there from Miami when I ran off to the Marine Corps. I enjoyed taking leave there. Was I looking for a place, I'd look in St John's county. the beaches there are nice and it's close enough to Jax, yet far enough away at the same time. We used to get all the kids from mine and my brother's family nd their in-laws, parents etc, and descend on Ormond Beach every summer. It's north of but thin sight of Daytona.

If I moved back to FL it would definitely be within close proximity to the beach.
    Last edited by Gunny; 02-21-2018 at 10:10 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

12. Likes KitchenKitten99 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

~"Anything that will go for $38K in Jax is an automatic cross off." ~

14. Likes KitchenKitten99 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Jax is a nice place. My parents moved there from Miami when I ran off to the Marine Corps. I enjoyed taking leave there. Was I looking for a place, I'd look in St John's county. the beaches there are nice and it's close enough to Jax, yet far enough away at the same time. We used to get all the kids from mine and my brother's family nd their in-laws, parents etc, and descend on Ormond Beach every summer. It's north of but thin sight of Daytona.

If I moved back to FL it would definitely be within close proximity to the beach.
    Not many SINK HOLES up around that area either.

Around Tampa and just north of there, and where I still have family and my ex BIL, is where most of the damn sink holes are, even the one that swallowed that guys bedroom and they never found him.

I don't think I could live in FL again. I have a good AF buddy in Albany, GE. I could see maybe NE Georgia up along the coast, that would be more my style. I have to get down there to make a sweep through the south and visit people one of these years.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-22-2018 at 08:10 AM.

16. Thanks KitchenKitten99 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

We'd like to be a bit more inland and a bit further south, like near Ocala. Although the southern part of Georgia is not out of the question for the right price and location. For us living down there, we are more likely going to look for a property with some acreage for the horses we have left by the time we move down. I am looking around the state for a decent boarding facility that isn't a show-barn and I have yet to find anything that is satisfactory AND not high $$$ per horse. So that may mean we invest a little more in some acreage which will be more cost effective than boarding 3-4 horses. I don't see us having more than 3 horses left by then although our oldest gelding may live longer than we anticipate (he's 27 right now and moving south is minimum 5 years away) so I have to count on 4 max. My oldest mare (25yrs old) shows no signs of slowing down either.

The only reason we are keeping an eye on something that is not on acreage is we are considering purchasing a home to use as a vacation place to stay and to possibly rent out until we move down there. Nothing that we would see ourselves living in as a permanent home.

18. Likes High_Plains_Drifter, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

That place looks terrible!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

20. Likes LongTermGuy, KitchenKitten99 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Not many SINK HOLES up around that area either.

Around Tampa and just north of there, and where I still have family and my ex BIL, is where most of the damn sink holes are, even the one that swallowed that guys bedroom and they never found him.

I don't think I could live in FL again. I have a good AF buddy in Albany, GE. I could see maybe NE Georgia up along the coast, that would be more my style. I have to get down there to make a sweep through the south and visit people one of these years.

22. Thanks KitchenKitten99 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default No way....

Aside from needing lots of work. It looks like it was built in the 50's, and the original paint has chipped to disclose it's real ROTTEN wood.

Real estate agents would have to PAY ME to take it "AS IS!"
    Then I would BULLDOZE it for a parking lot.

Somebody wasted a lot of money on the new roof. Like getting a new LID for a trash can.
    Last edited by aboutime; 02-22-2018 at 03:59 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

24. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Elessar, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Aside from needing lots of work. It looks like it was built in the 50's, and the original paint has chipped to disclose it's real ROTTEN wood.

Real estate agents would have to PAY ME to take it "AS IS!"
    Then I would BULLDOZE it for a parking lot.

Somebody wasted a lot of money on the new roof. Like getting a new LID for a trash can.
    Look again. The trash can doesn't have a lid

Boy would I EVER feel safe riding out a hurricane in that "fortress" .

26. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy, KitchenKitten99, Elessar liked this post