Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Question For Our International/Russian Members...

... so what do you really think of all us Americans having the legal right to bear arms?

Do you wish you could own firearms same as us?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    ... so what do you really think of all us Americans having the legal right to bear arms?

Do you wish you could own firearms same as us?
    You want to let Balu aka have a gun?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You want to let Balu aka have a gun?
    My bet is he wishes he COULD HAVE... and what would he do with it if he did?

4. Thanks Balu thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

My bet is he wishes he COULD HAVE... and what would he do with it if he did?
    You lost. I have award pistol of Makarov. In Russia, this is one of the types of awards for officers.
    But in general this is not a simple question. Any weapon, even civilian small arms, is very dangerous as is initially designed to kill. So it requires professional skills and stable psyche of the owner - the things difficult to achieve and permanently maintain. Besides, small arms give a false feeling of guaranteed security which make a person overestimate own abilities in critical situations.
    So I do not have a clear and definite answer. There is a lot pro ant contra.
    Indifferent alike to praise or blame
    Give heed, O Muse, but to the voice Divine
    Fearing not injury, nor seeking fame,
    Nor casting pearls to swine.
    (A.Pushkin)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Balu View Post
    You lost. I have award pistol of Makarov. In Russia, this is one of the types of awards for officers.
    But in general this is not a simple question. Any weapon, even civilian small arms, is very dangerous as is initially designed to kill. So it requires professional skills and stable psyche of the owner - the things difficult to achieve and permanently maintain. Besides, small arms give a false feeling of guaranteed security which make a person overestimate own abilities in critical situations.
    I can hardly comprehend your answer. I guess it's par for the course for someone that was born and raised in a nation where no one is allowed to own a firearm.

I was raised around guns. We had a gun cabinet in our house full guns, and I've hunted and shot guns since I was old enough to hold one. They're only dangerous if the person handling it doesn't know how to handle it, or has dangerous intentions as to it's use.

And there is NOTHING... repeat... NOTHING... FALSE... about the "feeling of guaranteed security" if you have a firearm and you're in mortal danger... again... NOTHING. Your security is VERY REAL, and that's why we have that right, to DEFEND ourselves.

As the saying goes... "WHEN THE POLICE ARE MINUTES AWAY, AND YOU HAVE ONLY SECONDS TO DEFEND YOURSELF."

I do thank you for your answer though. I'm just astounded by it. I wouldn't know what it's like to be in your place.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-28-2018 at 08:02 PM.

7. Thanks Balu thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Really Balu???

GUNS ARE DANGEROUS? DESIGNED TO KILL? When did you learn those two facts???
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

9. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

I can hardly comprehend your answer. I guess it's par for the course for someone that was born and raised in a nation where no one is allowed to own a firearm.

I was raised around guns. We had a gun cabinet in our house full guns, and I've hunted and shot guns since I was old enough to hold one. They're only dangerous if the person handling it doesn't know how to handle it, or has dangerous intentions as to it's use.

And there is NOTHING... repeat... NOTHING... FALSE... about the "feeling of guaranteed security" if you have a firearm and you're in mortal danger... again... NOTHING. Your security is VERY REAL, and that's why we have that right, to DEFEND ourselves.

As the saying goes... "WHEN THE POLICE ARE MINUTES AWAY, AND YOU HAVE ONLY SECONDS TO DEFEND YOURSELF."

I do thank you for your answer though. I'm just astounded by it. I wouldn't know what it's like to be in your place.
    Why did I start talking about a false sense of security and a overestimation of one's own capabilities. Shooting in a dash on targets and even on hunting is not at all what the use of weapons in a critical situations against a person in conditions of time deficit and among people. This requires special training, the lowest level of which is the level of the policeman. You are deceived by such films as Cobra, Commando, etc. In reality, everything is different.
    (A.Pushkin)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Like I said ...
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

12. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, aboutime thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Why did I start talking about a false sense of security and a overestimation of one's own capabilities. Shooting in a dash on targets and even on hunting is not at all what the use of weapons in a critical situations against a person in conditions of time deficit and among people. This requires special training, the lowest level of which is the level of the policeman. You are deceived by such films as Cobra, Commando, etc. In reality, everything is different.
    Sorry buddy, but no. I guarantee you that I can shoot the hell otta anything that I aim at, and I'm not a cop or had any "special training."

You make shooting a gun sound like FLYING THE SPACE SHUTTLE or something... it ain't that big a deal.

Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to fire, don't ever point it at anyone, when ready to shoot, aim, fire.

What's so hard about that?

Once again it appears that you've succumbed to far too much propaganda.

14. Thanks aboutime, Balu thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

You don't say?

16. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Default 2 High_Plains_Drifter

To be aware about firearms in Russia you may be aquatinted with the corresponding Law following the link below:
    "Summary

While self-defense and protection of property is a constitutional right guaranteed to Russian citizens, Russian legislation on gun control is relatively strict, limiting the circulation of firearms to Russian citizens older than eighteen years of age with a registered permanent residence, and for the purposes of self-defense, hunting, and sports activities only. The acquisition of guns is based on licenses provided for a five-year period by local police departments at one’s place of residence after a thorough background check, including a review of the petitioner’s ability to store guns safely and an evaluation of his/her medical records. Mentally ill people and those who have been treated for substance abuse are not allowed to possess firearms. ..."

https://www.loc.gov/law/help/firearm...rol/russia.php
    Last edited by Balu; 02-28-2018 at 08:37 PM.
    (A.Pushkin)

18. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

To be aware about firearms in Russia you may be aquatinted with the corresponding Law following the link below:
    "Summary

While self-defense and protection of property is a constitutional right guaranteed to Russian citizens, Russian legislation on gun control is relatively strict, limiting the circulation of firearms to Russian citizens older than eighteen years of age with a registered permanent residence, and for the purposes of self-defense, hunting, and sports activities only. The acquisition of guns is based on licenses provided for a five-year period by local police departments at one’s place of residence after a thorough background check, including a review of the petitioner’s ability to store guns safely and an evaluation of his/her medical records. Mentally ill people and those who have been treated for substance abuse are not allowed to possess firearms. ..."

https://www.loc.gov/law/help/firearm...rol/russia.php
    So have you ever shot your pistol?

There must be lots of hunting in Russia, ever hunted?

20. Thanks Balu thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

So have you ever shot your pistol?

There must be lots of hunting in Russia, ever hunted?
    Yes I have. When in the Army and not only at targets in dashes.
    Hunting is very popular in Russia and you can find in inet a lot of info on this subject. Start with famous brands such as IZH (Izhevsk) and TOZ (Tula) which are manufacturing hunting rifles and carbines besides small arms for the Army.
    I hunted when I was younger, I hunted mainly on ducks, black grouses, partridges, hares and wild boars. Never hunted elk and deer. They are too beautiful to be killed.
    Last edited by Balu; 02-28-2018 at 10:00 PM.
    (A.Pushkin)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default BOAR..ing

Yes I have. When in the Army and not only at targets in dashes.
    Hunting is very popular in Russia and you can find in inet a lot of info on this subject. Start with famous brands such as IZH (Izhevsk) and TOZ (Tula) which are manufacturing hunting rifles and carbines besides small arms for the Army.
    I hunted when I was younger, I hunted mainly on ducks, black grouses, partridges, hares and wild boars. Never hunted elk and deer. They are too beautiful to be killed.
    GOOD FOR YOU BALU. Here in the USA, we have ELK, and DEER that have Concealed Carry permits, and they shoot back at the hunters. Are your wildlife allowed to be armed????
    Last edited by aboutime; 03-01-2018 at 03:28 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !