Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Papa John's Fires the NFL

Saw it on the news today. Guess the pizza delivery business isn't so hot when no one's watching the game. Awww. Poor NFL. Sucks to piss of the consumers, huh?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Mister Papa John had to step down as CEO of the company though.

I can make a better pizza than they can anyway... maybe I should start a pie business...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-28-2018 at 08:35 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Mister Papa John had to step down as CEO of the company though.

I can make a better pizza than they can anyway... maybe I should start pie business...
    I don't like Papa John's. I DID make pizza for a living as a teen for awhile. The old fashioned way. We made the dough, rolled n wrapped it, spun our own pizzas. I assume it was NY style pizza (was better than ANYTHING any of these fast food pizza joints have) since the owner was from NJ. Was a dirty job. Was easier to be a bouncer
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

"You stinkin
    Ghetto Rats....get off your Knees...respect America...the Flag and the "American" people who feed you and gave you a job!"

"The people that are boycotting are generally the ones that also spend the most money."

https://madworldnews.com/nfl-players-knee-papa-johns/

http://wric.com/2018/02/28/papa-john...or-of-the-nfl/
    Last edited by LongTermGuy; 02-28-2018 at 08:34 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I don't like Papa John's. I DID make pizza for a living as a teen for awhile. The old fashioned way. We made the dough, rolled n wrapped it, spun our own pizzas. I assume it was NY style pizza (was better than ANYTHING any of these fast food pizza joints have) since the owner was from NJ. Was a dirty job. Was easier to be a bouncer
    Damn straight brother... I make my own dough too, best way. Got a nice pizza pan and top it with whatever.

I like the thin, crispy crust too, and I usually put it in the oven for a couple minutes to crisp it up before I top it.

And you bet man, better than any frozen crap from the store.

I don't like the Papa John's crust or their sauce. I like plain old Hunts pizza sauce. I think it's good stuff. Going to take a shot at making my own though. Lots of good recipes online.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-28-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Great post! I'm working and working to make good pizza. Prego pizza sauce, and artisan 000 flour (European) for the dough, pre-cooking the crust, about six minutes. I roll the dough using those little Italian rollers rather than a rolling pin. But I never make one without thinking what I'd give to learn to spin those pizzas in the air!!!!!! Now THAT is the way. Darn, I wish I could do that.

Yeah, Papa John is going to have to bow out of the NFL because it's become identified with really bad black men. And most of the fans (and pizza buyers) are white men. Nine percent down in viewership last year: that is really a lot.

9. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Like their values but not the Pizza so much....I like Pizza Hut...and happens to be the new sponsor

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Damn straight brother... I make my own dough too, best way. Got a nice pizza pan and top it with whatever.

I like the thin, crispy crust too, and I usually put it in the oven for a couple minutes to crisp it up before I top it.

And you bet man, better than any frozen crap from the store.

I don't like the Papa John's crust or their sauce. I like plain old Hunts pizza sauce. I think it's good stuff. Going to take a shot at making my own though. Lots of good recipes online.

You guys are killing me. EVERYONE makes great pizza and I'm just learning? Darn.

I think tart, sour, is the trick with the sauce, and I like Prego for that. I freeze a bazillion containers of spaghetti sauce from the garden, entirely from the garden except for the salt, every year, for a Lonnnnnng time. But turns out, no good for pizza sauce, not tart enough. That's key. If I didn't have Prego pizza sauce, I am thinking of trying my sauce with the addition of Italian vinegar or maybe Balsamic vinegar. That would sour it up.

12. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mundame View Post
    Great post! I'm working and working to make good pizza. Prego pizza sauce, and artisan 000 flour (European) for the dough, pre-cooking the crust, about six minutes. I roll the dough using those little Italian rollers rather than a rolling pin. But I never make one without thinking what I'd give to learn to spin those pizzas in the air!!!!!! Now THAT is the way. Darn, I wish I could do that.

Yeah, Papa John is going to have to bow out of the NFL because it's become identified with really bad black men. And most of the fans (and pizza buyers) are white men. Nine percent down in viewership last year: that is really a lot.
    Take a bath towel (not one of those ginormous ones) and fold it in half. Start practicing . That IS how I was tought to spin a pizza.

Be advised though, it sends flour everywhere when you do it for real. It's not ideal for the home kitchen. You basically roll the dough ball in flour and start pounding it out. When it's relatively flat and round, you spin it out -- to stretch and thin it completely out. The trick is to keep the thickness even, and the pizza round. You have to constantly put flour on it. That's what makes it spin on your fingertips. One wet spot is llike slamming on the brakes. It stops right there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

We have Papa John's pizzas over here in the UK. And, yes, it's the same company ... same person appears on their pizza boxes ...

... AND, it just so happens that I placed an order with them hours ago !

I don't mind their pizzas at all. However, some competence from their delivery people would've been nice !!

I received my order - ten minutes early. I also received the next guy's delivery, too. Poor Mr Griffiths was denied his own pizza - and Pepsi bottle - I think because the delivery driver wanted to end his shift early, and so skimped on doing his checks. Regardless, I got my delivery, and somebody else's too ... AND ... ten minutes before the designated delivery time ...

A friend rang to complain. They chose to send a separate pizza out to the now-seriously delayed Mr Griffiths ...
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    We have Papa John's pizzas over here in the UK. And, yes, it's the same company ... same person appears on their pizza boxes ...

... AND, it just so happens that I placed an order with them hours ago !

I don't mind their pizzas at all. However, some competence from their delivery people would've been nice !!

I received my order - ten minutes early. I also received the next guy's delivery, too. Poor Mr Griffiths was denied his own pizza - and Pepsi bottle - I think because the delivery driver wanted to end his shift early, and so skimped on doing his checks. Regardless, I got my delivery, and somebody else's too ... AND ... ten minutes before the designated delivery time ...

A friend rang to complain. They chose to send a separate pizza out to the now-seriously delayed Mr Griffiths ...
    Was the delivery person a moslem?

Sorry, bro... just had to throw that out there.

No offense intended to you.

18. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Was the delivery person a moslem?

Sorry, bro... just had to throw that out there.

No offense intended to you.
    None taken ... why would I ?

Actually, no, he wasn't (so far as I could tell).

He did have that unkempt look one might expect from an undisciplined Leftie, though ...

Perhaps someone had told him I was a Conservative, so he naturally thought I deserved to acquire a little 'profit' of my own ...
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

20. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Gunny thanked this post