0 Post(s)

Default Want Socialized Medicine? Great. I'd Be Dead

A good article from someone who would've died under Socialized Medicine:

http://sippicancottage.blogspot.com/...eat-id-be.html

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

everytime I hear about sociaized Medicine I think of my experience dealing with the VA Health Care system. It blows - no offense to the employees - it's just the Govt does a MUCH better job killing people and keeping them safe, than treating them.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    everytime I hear about sociaized Medicine I think of my experience dealing with the VA Health Care system. It blows - no offense to the employees - it's just the Govt does a MUCH better job killing people and keeping them safe, than treating them.
    No shit. My uncle got major messed up in a VA hospital- Charleston Naval Yard. He went in for a broken leg, buff, late 20's, one year out of the Mrines, and came out 18 months later a drug addict and 20# of steel in his leg.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So right now all of England and France and Canada and Norway and etc. all have longer life spans and better health than US residents because their government healthcare systems don't work? Riiiiight. Can you guys mail me some of what you're smoking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    So right now all of England and France and Canada and Norway and etc. all have longer life spans and better health than US residents because their government healthcare systems don't work? Riiiiight. Can you guys mail me some of what you're smoking?
    First you'd need to prove the connection between obscene taxes/socialized Medicine and 'longer life spans'. You'd also have to quantify what 'better' means in your 'better health care' claim.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First you'd need to prove the connection between obscene taxes/socialized Medicine and 'longer life spans'. You'd also have to quantify what 'better' means in your 'better health care' claim.
    I didn't mention taxes here. The connection is that all these countries have government healthcare that covers all citizens and coincidentally, all of these countries' citizens live longer than US citizens. They also have lower infant mortality rates. Lower obesity rates, etc. -I know that's not related to healthcare per se, but still...http://breitbart.com/article.php?id=...show_article=1

We all know US citizens pay more per capita for healthcare than any other country on Earth. Yet we have more citizens who aren't covered than any other western country and we rank 42nd in the world for lifespans. What are we paying for? And how can we say we stand for protecting human life when a huge amount of our own citizens aren't even covered if they get sick? It's a joke.
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Are you reading what people are writing??? They are saying...and rightly so....that the US gov. does a crappy job at the hospitals they are in charge of right now. I'd hate to see what they'd do if put in charge of all the other hospitals.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    Are you reading what people are writing??? They are saying...and rightly so....that the US gov. does a crappy job at the hospitals they are in charge of right now. I'd hate to see what they'd do if put in charge of all the other hospitals.
    Well then I guess we're stuck. It seems the only options are "incompetent US government" or money-hungry corporations who don't give a flying sh*t about you or me. I don't like either choice.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Tell us again how great the health care system is in England.............

Hard-up hospital orders staff: Don't wash sheets - turn them over
    by DANIEL MARTIN - More by this author »

Last updated at 23:22pm on 13th April 2007
    Cleaners at an NHS hospital with a poor record on superbugs have been told to turn over dirty sheets instead of using fresh ones between patients to save money.

Housekeeping staff at Good Hope Hospital in Sutton Coldfield, have been asked to re-use sheets and pillowcases wherever possible to cut a £500,000 laundry bill.

Posters in the hospital's linen cupboards and on doors into the A&E department remind workers that each item costs 0.275 pence to wash.

Good Hope reported a deficit of £6million last year and was subject to a report by the Audit Commission because of its poor financial standing.

It recorded 36 cases of MRSA from April last year to January, while cases of clostridium difficile have more than doubled in less than a year to 327. A Government hit squad was drafted in to solve the infection problems last year but the trust is still failing to hit MRSA targets.

Tony Field, chairman of Birmingham-based MRSA Support, said: 'Is that all the safety of a patient's life is worth? 0.275 pence?

'It is utterly disgraceful and tantamount to murder because hygiene like changing sheets is essential to protect patients.

'It proves beyond all doubt that cost- cutting is directly contributing to hospital acquired infections.'

A Good Hope spokesman said the posters went up around two years ago and should all have been taken down by now. But a medic insisted the posters were still on display in A&E and the maternity unit as recently as the past month.

'It is clear the trust is encouraging staff to "top 'n' tail" used sheets on a bed instead of replacing them between patients,' said the health worker, who did not wish to be named.

'The very nature of A&E should be enough reason to change sheets between every patient as casualty sees patients who have come in with a variety of infections, traumatic injuries and blood spill.'

Conservative healthvehealth spokesman John Baron said: 'This sounds ludicrous and is a real cause for concern given that MRSA is such a problem in our hospitals.

'This matter needs to be investigated at a higher level. Patient safety must never be compromised.'

Liberal Democrat health spokesman Norman Lamb said: 'If we are to beat healthcareacquired infections we need the highest possible standards of cleanliness. The idea of turning over sheets like this is extraordinary and scandalous.'

The scheme is one of many ways that cash- strapped trusts are trying to save money.

In January, staff at West Hertfordshire NHS Trust were amazed to receive a memo urging them to save £2.50 a day by prescribing cheaper medicines, reducing the number of sterile packs used, cutting hospital tests and asking patients to bring drugs in from home.

Epsom and St Helier Trust in South London has removed every third light bulb from corridors.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1774

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Tell us again how great the health care system is in England.............

Hard-up hospital orders staff: Don't wash sheets - turn them over
    by DANIEL MARTIN - More by this author »

Last updated at 23:22pm on 13th April 2007
    Cleaners at an NHS hospital with a poor record on superbugs have been told to turn over dirty sheets instead of using fresh ones between patients to save money.

Housekeeping staff at Good Hope Hospital in Sutton Coldfield, have been asked to re-use sheets and pillowcases wherever possible to cut a £500,000 laundry bill.

Posters in the hospital's linen cupboards and on doors into the A&E department remind workers that each item costs 0.275 pence to wash.

Good Hope reported a deficit of £6million last year and was subject to a report by the Audit Commission because of its poor financial standing.

It recorded 36 cases of MRSA from April last year to January, while cases of clostridium difficile have more than doubled in less than a year to 327. A Government hit squad was drafted in to solve the infection problems last year but the trust is still failing to hit MRSA targets.

Tony Field, chairman of Birmingham-based MRSA Support, said: 'Is that all the safety of a patient's life is worth? 0.275 pence?

'It is utterly disgraceful and tantamount to murder because hygiene like changing sheets is essential to protect patients.

'It proves beyond all doubt that cost- cutting is directly contributing to hospital acquired infections.'

A Good Hope spokesman said the posters went up around two years ago and should all have been taken down by now. But a medic insisted the posters were still on display in A&E and the maternity unit as recently as the past month.

'It is clear the trust is encouraging staff to "top 'n' tail" used sheets on a bed instead of replacing them between patients,' said the health worker, who did not wish to be named.

'The very nature of A&E should be enough reason to change sheets between every patient as casualty sees patients who have come in with a variety of infections, traumatic injuries and blood spill.'

Conservative healthvehealth spokesman John Baron said: 'This sounds ludicrous and is a real cause for concern given that MRSA is such a problem in our hospitals.

'This matter needs to be investigated at a higher level. Patient safety must never be compromised.'

Liberal Democrat health spokesman Norman Lamb said: 'If we are to beat healthcareacquired infections we need the highest possible standards of cleanliness. The idea of turning over sheets like this is extraordinary and scandalous.'

The scheme is one of many ways that cash- strapped trusts are trying to save money.

In January, staff at West Hertfordshire NHS Trust were amazed to receive a memo urging them to save £2.50 a day by prescribing cheaper medicines, reducing the number of sterile packs used, cutting hospital tests and asking patients to bring drugs in from home.

Epsom and St Helier Trust in South London has removed every third light bulb from corridors.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1774
    Welcom to the future of American health care if HIllary gets her way!!!!!!!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I have a grandmother who lives in Italy and they have socialized medicine. Recently, my uncle nearly died after they the doctors kept sending him back home rather than treat his illness.

H.C.... perhaps you can offer a link that offers a counterpoint to this article..

London's Observer (3/3/02) carried a story saying that an "unpublished report shows some patients are now having to wait more than eight months for treatment, during which time many of their cancers become incurable." Another story said, "According to a World Health Organisation report to be published later this year, around 10,000 British people die unnecessarily from cancer each year -- three times as many as are killed on our roads."

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/W...lized_medicine
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've had two major surgeries under government care. The first was in a field hospital to remove two pieces of an RPG out of my right lung. The second was at a V.A. hospital for a cervical discectomy. Both were top notch. I don't think I could have had any better care any where else.

The V.A. hospital here in Reno has gotten very high marks for being one of the best in the nation. I go there, and I feel I'm also in very good hands there as well. No complaints.