Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default I Give Up on Winter

It's just a REALLY short nuisance here. I've been wearing shorts and sandals all week. Oh. It's supposed to get "cold" next week. Highs in the upper 60s

Good thing I got a coat, snow boots, thermals ... The second I get rid of them the temp will plummet into the teens.

I just KNOW all you yankees freezing your asses off's hearts bleed for me
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    It's just a REALLY short nuisance here. I've been wearing shorts and sandals all week. Oh. It's supposed to get "cold" next week. Highs in the upper 60s

Good thing I got a coat, snow boots, thermals ... The second I get rid of them the temp will plummet into the teens.

I just KNOW all you yankees freezing your asses off's hearts bleed for me

Yep...Know what you mean...same here in NC....been kinda warm in the afternoons lately...But we did have some nice cool rain the last few days...and today was nice and sunny around 64 for the high...last week we hit 79-80....But I remember one year (bout 6 years ago)...around March 15th we had some good deep snow....Jeep loved it!

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post
    Yep...Know what you mean...same here in NC....been kinda warm in the afternoons lately...But we did have some nice cool rain the last few days...and today was nice and sunny around 64 for the high...last week we hit 79-80....But I remember one year (bout 6 years ago)...around March 15th we had some good deep snow....Jeep loved it!
    I like winter. For a little while, anyway. Pain in the butt if you spend much time outside. I'm a total pyro and love to build fires

It gets too hot here for me anymore but I learned it's a lot safer if I just keep my butt close to home. I get in too much trouble when I start roaming around the states.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I like winter. For a little while, anyway. Pain in the butt if you spend much time outside. I'm a total pyro and love to build fires

It gets too hot here for me anymore but I learned it's a lot safer if I just keep my butt close to home. I get in too much trouble when I start roaming around the states.
    I love the seasons when they are supposed to be the seasons....Winter I want it cold...snow and Ice...Summer I want it hot...Fall...I want it cool and the way its supposed to be...

8. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Hahah, cold you say?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Wish I could say the same. We've had a combination of a storm called 'Emma' and a cold blast of air straight from Siberia to contend with.

See ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-missions.html

Britain is braced for several more days of travel chaos in the wake of the final blasts from the Beast from the East and Storm Emma.

Last night, forecasters said the UK is 'not out of the woods yet' as the snow across the country starts to melt and turn into deadly black ice.

Yellow weather warnings are in place across England, Wales and Northern Ireland this morning, with 53 areas told to prepare for flooding in light of thawing snow.

After yesterday's snow, high winds and bilzzards closed off huge swathes of the UK transport network, this weekend rail operators are desperately trying to repair trains damaged in the chaos.

The RAC has urged people not to drive unless absolutely necessary with 'death trap' icy spots covering Britain's roads. Around 200 drivers were still stranded on the M62 overnight after huge snow drifts and up to 90mph winds hit areas like Rochdale.

Families in Devon have been told to evacuate or board up their homes to protect themselves from fierce regional winds of 50mph brought by Storm Emma.

Snow is still expected to fall in Dartmouth and Exeter, while in London conditions are set to improve after 11am, with highs of 5C are expected.
    In my area, south Wales, public transport has been stopped for around 48 hours (London and SE England endured these conditions from even earlier). Yesterday, even taxi firms here weren't risking providing a service.

Our local shops haven't been provisioned in days. Most are closed (with the one open grocery store, stocks dwindling, having to mop up a flood inside the shop because snow had got in, and melted ..).

We Brits don't cope well with adverse conditions, it has to be said. Our transport network is paralysed .. but in Canada, where their winters are usually worse, THEY keep everything running .... !! ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Drummond; 03-03-2018 at 06:58 AM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post

We Brits don't cope well with adverse conditions, it has to be said. Our transport network is paralysed .. but in Canada, where their winters are usually worse, THEY keep everything running .... !! ...
    We are fine here too. Our "everything" still running
    And we have that crazy people from republic of yakutia.

13. Thanks Abbey Marie, Gunny, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Had perpetual summer in Phoenix, didn't like it. When it's "sunny and hot" every day and not a cloud in the sky, weather gets very boring.

Then Florida, always warm down there too but at least it rains, very humid though, an insects paradise. Consequently, the fleas and cock roaches and myriad of other spiders and insects are so bad, to get rid of them in your house they build a TENT over the ENTIRE HOUSE, even larger buildings, and gas the entire structure. Don't care for that either.

Reno was about the most perfect weather place I ever lived, but Reno is in a slight bowl surrounded by mountains, and in the winter we'd get these "inversions" where it would be colder in the bowl than the air was above it. That got old too, but, most winters there I could ride my Harley year round. The only problem with NV is it's the driest state in America, and the 3rd most geologically active for earth quakes behind Alaska and California, that's a deal breaker for me right there.

So back to Wisconsin. I do like the 4 seasons. Winter kills off all the bugs, and that's always welcome. Fall is my favorite time of year even though I know winter is next, but winters in WI haven't been squat for many years now. I used my snowblower once 2 years ago, twice a year ago and once this year. We haven't had a blizzard for years. So good ole Wisconsin... I like it here, the hills, the lakes, the rivers and streams, the Great Lakes shore line, the forests, the farms, if it's not paved it's green here. Of all the states I've been to coast to coast, I'd have to say Wisconsin is one of the prettiest.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-03-2018 at 08:59 AM.

15. Thanks Abbey Marie, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Rain, sleet, and higher ridge snow here all week. It has hardly been above 40 F.

But the rivers need the snow and rain.

I'll take it over dry and dusty conditions any day.!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

17. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post