Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mundame View Post
    I make a point of not reading Russian propaganda trolls. Been there, done that, no more.

I have a weird new point of view about this kind of issue: I think it's effective, a lot more effective than anything the West does these days about crime and enemies. Although as they made a spies trade, killing all the spies against Russia in England would seem to mitigate against making any future trades, you would think. I can't see why Britain would want to bother doing that again, it just pollutes whole restaurants with exotic nerve gases or highly radioactive poisons. And makes Britain look weak.

But killing criminals or otherwise punishing them severely has not only a deterrent effect against crime but also gets rid of the criminals, which I think is actually what is wanted most. The whole West, America and Europe, is now completely unable to stop anyone from doing anything: we just pamper them and give them lots of attention the worse their crimes are. If they come in illegally hundreds on a rubber raft, the EU rushes out to rescue them, patrols to search and find such people to bring in. If it were me running the zoo, all that would come to a screeching halt, so I admire Putin's -------firm-------- approach to enemies.
    Very funny post.
    I want to clarify something.
    First - the former colonel was handed over to the US as part of a swap deal involving espionage suspects. This is a common practice among Intelligence Services.
    Second - this person was a worn out material for his owners, a garbage with NO value neither for Americans, nor for Brits.
    Third - Russians are no SO stupid as Americans and Brits, who believed in such a bull shit to arrange themselves anti Russian information campaign just before presidential election.
    Some one here asked to follow a formal logic. But there are two necessary conditions for this:
    1. To have brains,
    2. To be accustomed to use them.
    Indifferent alike to praise or blame
    Give heed, O Muse, but to the voice Divine
    Fearing not injury, nor seeking fame,
    Nor casting pearls to swine.
    (A.Pushkin)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Something to think about....Seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    This is an ongoing story ... however ... it seemingly has echoes of the Litvinenko poisoning, widely attributed to be a result of direction given by Putin at the time.

Reminders of the Litvinenko case ...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...in-90-seconds/

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/alexander-l...an-spy-1539094

Now, to this latest incident.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43295134

I think this story is worth keeping an eye on. It IS still a developing story. If nothing else, confirmation of what's feared to be true will prove that Russia's predisposition to murdering Russians who act against that country's tyranny has not changed.

[I look forward to seeing @Balu do his utmost to sanitise his country's reputation, in the wake of reports such as these .... maybe he'll even offer a defence .. ?]
    Sir Drummond. I agree, keeping an eye on this story. And, I might add. We shouldn't DISCOUNT any relationship that occurs with the Clinton Foundation, or Hillary for that matter.
    Though some would insist it's purely Conspiracy, or Coincidence....There is a long line of suspicous DEATHS related to Hillary, and Bill.

I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

3. Thanks Gunny, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Balu View Post
    Very funny post.
    First - the former colonel was handed over to the US as part of a swap deal involving espionage suspects. This is a common practice among Intelligence Services.
    Second - this person was a worn out material for his owners, a garbage with NO value neither for Americans, nor for Brits.
    Third - Russians are no SO stupid as Americans and Brits, who believed in such a bull shit to arrange themselves anti Russian information campaign just before presidential election.
    Some one here asked to follow a formal logic. But there are two necessary conditions for this:
    1. To have brains,
    2. To be accustomed to use them
    I'd say you're pretty well fucked then
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default For balu...

Very funny post.
    1. To have brains,
    Balu. You and your endless propaganda here finally shows us that YOU...suffer from the LACK of both Number 1. and Number 2. above. AND THAT'S ONLY FUNNY TO ALL OF US.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

7. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Certainly in the UK, at least, we are WAY too soft on criminals. Our laws are weak, penalties likewise.

But Putin's approach is the polar opposite, and in being that way, means that actions are taken which fall outside of any legal process. In which case ... why bother with laws, at all ? Where does criminality fail, and decent, civilised values, take over ? Any agency flouting legal process puts itself outside of the law. If that could be COMMENDED, from any standpoint at all, then the rule of law loses meaning. Goodbye civilisation -- hello savagery and a thoroughly regressive existence.

Putin acts like a gangster. That goes too far. He - as a leader, and especially a powerful player on the world stage - either stands for decent, civilised values, OR, what GOOD is he ??

I do not admire Putin's approach. Certainly not ! In fact, it should worry the hell out of us all. Who's to say how far he'd take it ? He's unconstrained by values or conduct I would call civilised ... his is most definitely a 'might is right' approach.

Others, too, have taken that line.

Stalin.

Hitler.

Pol Pot .

... etc .......

'Admirable' political figures, these ? I really think -- NOT .....
    Yes, well........it makes little sense to do that spies trade and then send in the nerve gas assassins. It can hardly be anyone else but Putin, after all, and it's hard to understand. I mean, hey, just keep the guy there and off him whenever at everyone's convenience, I would think, rather than hunting him through England. Putin must be making some sort of diplomatic point that I am not understanding, but that perhaps people high up in the British government do understand.

This just in, AP News 3/8/2018 about 3:00 PM

UK police: 21 people sought treatment after ex-spy poisoning

By GREGORY KATZ and DANICA KIRKA

51 minutes ago

https://www.apnews.com/a8806b97be224919a738efd4cf961443

LONDON (AP) — A British police official on Thursday updated the number of people who sought treatment after a nerve agent attack on an ex-Russian spy, saying “around 21” had been given medical help and support.

Only three people remain hospitalized after the poisoning Sunday...........

The spy, his daughter, and the policeman who tried to help them are still hospitalized and in serious condition.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Well, at least he wasn't shot...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Well, at least he wasn't shot...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Very funny post.
    1. To have brains,
    I disagree. He did have value. Propaganda value. The 'value' of showing others that they oppose Putin at their peril ... in the same way as others would've feared providing opposition to Al Capone, say, or Hitler.

Which IS Putin, anyway ? A gangster leader, or a more ruthless form of despot ? Either way, the message is clear: oppose me, and whatever your future status or circumstances, FEAR FOR YOUR LIFE.

Gangster or Tyrant ? Which do you pick, Balu ?

-- Suggest you look over your shoulder before answering .....
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mundame View Post
    Yes, well........it makes little sense to do that spies trade and then send in the nerve gas assassins. It can hardly be anyone else but Putin, after all, and it's hard to understand. I mean, hey, just keep the guy there and off him whenever at everyone's convenience, I would think, rather than hunting him through England. Putin must be making some sort of diplomatic point that I am not understanding, but that perhaps people high up in the British government do understand.

This just in, AP News 3/8/2018 about 3:00 PM

UK police: 21 people sought treatment after ex-spy poisoning

By GREGORY KATZ and DANICA KIRKA

51 minutes ago

https://www.apnews.com/a8806b97be224919a738efd4cf961443

LONDON (AP) — A British police official on Thursday updated the number of people who sought treatment after a nerve agent attack on an ex-Russian spy, saying “around 21” had been given medical help and support.

Only three people remain hospitalized after the poisoning Sunday...........

The spy, his daughter, and the policeman who tried to help them are still hospitalized and in serious condition.
    The figure is correct .. 21 people needed medical attention. The police officer involved is now said to be conscious.

I think that two distinct messages are intended to come from this attack. One: 'mess' with Putin, and one day, his goons will get you. But, also, two: our methods of attack are meant to show everyone just how much contempt we have for non-Russians. If others get killed because we use methods that endanger them ... so what ! We'll just keep on using them, regardless ...

When Litvinenko was poisoned with polonium, all those years ago, such was the strength of the radiation dose that other places in London he went to, afterwards, were also irradiated ! So --- WHY use lethal methods which pose a danger for others nearby, UNLESS this is meant to give everyone the message -- 'we Russians will do just as we please. Might Is Right. We care not a jot for consequences to others. We only have contempt for any outsiders'.

By no stretch of the imagination is there anything to 'admire' in any of this !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Balu is a Russian propagandist.

Next...

14. Thanks Drummond, Balu thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I disagree. He did have value. Propaganda value. The 'value' of showing others that they oppose Putin at their peril ... in the same way as others would've feared providing opposition to Al Capone, say, or Hitler.

Which IS Putin, anyway ? A gangster leader, or a more ruthless form of despot ? Either way, the message is clear: oppose me, and whatever your future status or circumstances, FEAR FOR YOUR LIFE.

Gangster or Tyrant ? Which do you pick, Balu ?

-- Suggest you look over your shoulder before answering .....
    Balu likes to talk about how powerful and all Russia is ... well, if Russia is so powerful, how come it had to invade Ukraine to steal its oil? Must not have any of their own so they figured they'd just take someone else's.

Did you say gangster? Bully sounds more like it.
    Last edited by Gunny; 03-08-2018 at 06:45 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

16. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Balu is a Russian propagandist.

Next...
    Without a doubt.

Still ... this is one propagandist who has access to free-thinking from Western minds. Is he capable of learning anything of value from us ?

I'm guessing ... not.

It'd be interesting if he did, though. A Russian who comes to understand that he might be wrong in certain of his perspectives ...

18. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Without a doubt.

Still ... this is one propagandist who has access to free-thinking from Western minds. Is he capable of learning anything of value from us ?

I'm guessing ... not.

It'd be interesting if he did, though. A Russian who comes to understand that he might be wrong in certain of his perspectives ...
    He's not here to learn. He's not really even here to try and change anyone's mind. He's dumber than he looks if he is.

He's here to simply irritate whoever he can. He's as stuck in the 50s Cold War as Kim jung Un.
    Last edited by Gunny; 03-08-2018 at 07:17 PM.

20. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Balu likes to talk about how powerful and all Russia is ... well, if Russia is so powerful, how come it had to invade Ukraine to steal its oil? Must not have any of their own so they figured they'd just take someone else's.

Did you say gangster? Bully sounds more like it.
    I stand corrected. Agreed. Bully fits a lot better.

Perhaps @Balu can take you on, on your point. He's so full of nationalistic pride (and it's a version which has shown a disdain for Ukraine in the past) ... OK .. let him propagandize his way out of that one.

22. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Without a doubt.

I'm guessing ... not.

I rather doubt it, bro. Balu sounds like he's a fully indoctrinated Russian.

I don't respect him though because what he spews is pure propaganda. He surely doesn't speak for the Russian people at large. I think our Polite Russian is more in line with the Russian people than Balu is.

24. Thanks Gunny, Drummond, Balu thanked this post