Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    http://www.oann.com/putin-faces-brit...-double-agent/

If nothing else, you got Quickdraw McGraw on your side
    Who was that sheriff who kept appearing in James Bond movies ? Ah yes, sheriff John W Pepper. A face-off between him & Putin ... that'd be something worth paying good money to see.

It's high time some international recognition came of the need to face up to Russia over this. There have been a succession of these assassinations over the years, and evidently, Russia fully expects to get away with this, no doubt leaving the way open for yet more criminal / terrorist activity to take place.

Today, the UK. Who's to say tomorrow it won't be US soil where this happens ?

Let a bully off ... the bully learns nothing. Stand up to one, and it's a different story.

Consider the Krushchev-Kennedy standoff, 1962, Cuban Missile Crisis. Ultimately, Russia blinked, then folded (no doubt Balu has his own totally different version to 'delight' us all with ..).

It really is the only way to deal with them. When dealing with an opponent bereft of decency, for whom Might is Always Right .. what else is left to you ?

By the way ... I just noted Russia's threat against us should we close down access to the Kremlin's 'Russia Today' TV station. Oh dear - shocking news !! Russia really hates to have its propaganda outlets countered !! Seems any British channels available to Russians, now, soon WON'T be, unless the thugs in the Kremlin win out !!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Drummond; 03-13-2018 at 07:20 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Who was that sheriff who kept appearing in James Bond movies ? Ah yes, sheriff John W Pepper. A face-off between him & Putin ... that'd be something worth paying good money to see.

It's high time some international recognition came of the need to face up to Russia over this. There have been a succession of these assassinations over the years, and evidently, Russia fully expects to get away with this, no doubt leaving the way open for yet more criminal / terrorist activity to take place.

Today, the UK. Who's to say tomorrow it won't be US soil where this happens ?

Let a bully off ... the bully learns nothing. Stand up to one, and it's a different story.

Consider the Krushchev-Kennedy standoff, 1962, Cuban Missile Crisis. Ultimately, Russia blinked, then folded (no doubt Balu has his own totally different version to 'delight' us all with ..).

It really is the only way to deal with them. When dealing with an opponent bereft of decency, for whom Might is Always Right .. what else is left to you ?
    That guy was hilarious. He passed on a year or two back.

I've been wondering if Balu IS Putin. They talk the same junk, Always trying to make up for losing in the past. Right down to Putin showing a film of his latest, greatest missile.

Makes you wonder
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

That guy was hilarious. He passed on a year or two back.

I've been wondering if Balu IS Putin. They talk the same junk, Always trying to make up for losing in the past. Right down to Putin showing a film of his latest, greatest missile.

Makes you wonder
    A shame. I enjoyed his character.

Balu = Putin. H'm !

I suppose I'd better start casting wary glances at any umbrella I come across. Heaven forbid I start glowing in the dark .... and if any much-enjoyed Black Pudding dishes start tasting less than delicious, I shall be contacting our intelligence services without delay.

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Russian Associate Of Late Tycoon Berezovsky Found Dead In Britain

March 13, 2018
    LONDON (Reuters) – British counter-terrorism police were on Tuesday investigating the unexplained death of a Russian associate of late tycoon Boris Berezovsky but said the death was not thought to be linked to a nerve agent attack on a former Russian double agent.
    Nikolai Glushkov, 68, was discovered dead late on Monday at an address in Clarence Avenue in suburban south-west London.
    British police, who did not name Glushkov, said that they were investigating the death of a man in his 60s who lived on Clarence Avenue.
    Police said the death was not linked to the poisoning of Sergei Skripal and his daughter in Salisbury.
    “There is no evidence to suggest a link to the incident in Salisbury,” the Metropolitan Police said in a statement.
    Counter-terrorism police were leading the investigation “because of associations that the man is believed to have had.”
    Berezovsky was found dead in March 2013 with a scarf tied around his neck in the bathroom of a luxury mansion in Ascot, an affluent English town near the Queen’s Windsor Castle, west of London.
    The 67-year-old tycoon had been one of Russia’s most powerful figures in the years after the collapse of the Soviet Union. He was known as the “godfather of the Kremlin” before fleeing to London in 2000 after a row with Russian leader Vladimir Putin.
    Britain granted Berezovsky political asylum three years later on the grounds his life would be in danger if he went back home.
    His family feared he might have been murdered by enemies in Russia, but British police and forensic experts concluded Berezovsky had committed suicide.
    Glushkov had worked for Russian airline Aeroflot and at Berezovksy’s LogoVAZ car company.
    (Reporting by Guy Faulconbridge and Alistair Smout; editing by Stephen Addison)
    http://www.oann.com/russian-associat...ad-in-britain/

Hey, they didn't use poison this time
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

http://www.oann.com/russian-associat...ad-in-britain/

Hey, they didn't use poison this time
    H'm. Are they running out of supplies of it ?

Whoops. Looks like we dare not give them the sample we have !!

I've been watching the Russia Today channel (... before it's taken off air ?). Sure enough, they're propagandising their guts out. The latest ... the agent used in Salisbury is 'not' exclusive to Russia, after all (... they suddenly claim !! ...). First produced in Russia, but the latest line of theirs is that this agent, in modern times, could've come from anywhere.

Seems to me, then, that there's no point to providing the Russians with our sample. They'll just deny it's of Russian origin.

'Funny' how it's taken so long for Russia to tell us this so-called 'fact' of theirs. Isn't it ?

Balu, my son, I hope you're taking notes. You really need to be on the ball when it comes to official Russian inventiveness (no matter how !)

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

This story is gaining greater prominence, now, as the UK police have confirmed it's being treated officially as a murder inquiry. It's also now getting 'lead story' status among our news outlets in the UK.

I've opened up my own thread on this. But, as to where this now stands ... here's a BBC report on it ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43433552

UK police have launched a murder investigation after the death of Russian businessman Nikolai Glushkov in south-west London.

Mr Glushkov was found dead at his home in New Malden on 12 March.

A post-mortem examination revealed Mr Glushkov, who was 68, died from "compression to the neck".

There is, at this stage, no evidence linking the death to the attempted murder of a former Russian spy and his daughter in Salisbury, police say.

Detectives are retaining an open mind and are appealing for any information that will assist the investigation.

In particular, they are appealing for anyone who may have seen or heard anything suspicious at or near his home in Clarence Avenue, New Malden, between Sunday 11 March and Monday 12 March to contact them.

Police on Friday continued to guard the home lived in by Mr Glushkov. A blue and a purple tent was erected to cover the front drive of the property, which has been cordoned off along with several adjoining properties either side.

Mr Glushkov is the former deputy director of Russian state airline Aeroflot.

He was jailed in 1999 for five years after being charged with money laundering and fraud.

After being given a suspended sentence for another count of fraud in 2006, he was granted political asylum in the UK in 2010 and became a critic of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Former PR and advertising executive Lord Bell, who was a close friend of Mr Glushkov, described him as a "very charming, funny, affectionate man who had a troubled past".

He said he was "concerned" his friend's past might have made Russia consider him to have worked against the state.
    So, another opponent of Putin dies, again on British soil. This, 'happening' to occur just a couple of days before the election in Russia ....
    Last edited by Drummond; 03-16-2018 at 08:42 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    This story is gaining greater prominence, now, as the UK police have confirmed it's being treated officially as a murder inquiry. It's also now getting 'lead story' status among our news outlets in the UK.

I've opened up my own thread on this. But, as to where this now stands ... here's a BBC report on it ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43433552

So, another opponent of Putin dies, again on British soil. This, 'happening' to occur just a couple of days before the election in Russia ....
    I'm curious though. Why WOULD Putin do something this dumb right before and election?

The next questions would be, Who has the authority to order such a hit, and who has the authority and something to gain by throwing mud Putin's way right before an election? I have no idea. Perhaps we can be enlightened whenever our Russian members check back in.here

It's Fri night. They're probably out partying I would be if I was still 35. I don't know what time it is there. Maybe they're sleeping it off.

As an aside, I didn't realize until recently looking at a map how close we lived to Ukraine (the USSR then) when my father was stationed in Turkey and I didn't have a clue. We lived right across the Black Sea from Crimea.

Thanks Dad Nothing like cluing us in we were on the damned front lines of the Cold War.

13. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default All of this still reminds me of the Clinton's and their Foundation...

Like Hillary. It seems Putin is methodically removing any threats to his survival as a Dictator.

The numbers may be lower, but it appears to me, those who pose any kind of interference to Putin...like Hillary...somehow become....DEAD!

I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

15. Thanks Drummond, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I cannot figure out that alphabet for shit

17. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

I'm curious though. Why WOULD Putin do something this dumb right before and election?

The next questions would be, Who has the authority to order such a hit, and who has the authority and something to gain by throwing mud Putin's way right before an election? I have no idea. Perhaps we can be enlightened whenever our Russian members check back in.here

It's Fri night. They're probably out partying I would be if I was still 35. I don't know what time it is there. Maybe they're sleeping it off.

As an aside, I didn't realize until recently looking at a map how close we lived to Ukraine (the USSR then) when my father was stationed in Turkey and I didn't have a clue. We lived right across the Black Sea from Crimea.

Thanks Dad Nothing like cluing us in we were on the damned front lines of the Cold War.
    Just on your first question ... Putin wouldn't consider it dumb, I'm sure. He'd consider it smart. If he's as stuck in his KGB mentality as I suspect, he might even consider there was a necessity to do all that.

I don't think Putin's psychology is readily understood in the West.

Might is Right. Putin and his ilk are firm believers in that. Whatever achieves the desired effect, is 'fine' ... or ... 'The end justifies the means'. Putin wants any opposition out there neutralised. He doubtless considers the news of his own opponents meeting grisly ends is a quick and efficient way of forcefully getting the message out there which has opponents too cowed to speak or act.

Decency, regard for life, a spirit of freedom, any values we will recognise as Christian ... these are foreign to his thinking. He wants power. If he can get it through persuasion and charm, then fine. If not, he'll use whatever it takes as a substitute, just so long as it stands a chance of being effective.

It's a soul-less form of thinking. But it fits the old Soviet version of sheer ruthlessness well. Putin is of that school of thought, and so far as he's concerned, the whole world must bend to it. Accept him, his authority, or ... PAY for your temerity in resisting.

Putin will genuinely never feel any sense of responsibility for the Russian deaths on UK soil ... past, present, future. His total lack of moral restraint is, I'm very sure, one massive headache for the world's security.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I got the same vibe from Papodarko and Balu as well. "We took Crimea and they couldn't stop us so it's fine to do it". I understand the mindset. I just don't see a point to it. Most ruthless people kill for a reason, not sport, as many believe. They aren't "sick" in the sense of the way we term it. It's just expedient to a sociopath. In this case, i don't see the gain. Sociopaths usually operate based on what is in their way currently with little regard for revenge.

20. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

I got the same vibe from Papodarko and Balu as well. "We took Crimea and they couldn't stop us so it's fine to do it". I understand the mindset. I just don't see a point to it. Most ruthless people kill for a reason, not sport, as many believe. They aren't "sick" in the sense of the way we term it. It's just expedient to a sociopath. In this case, i don't see the gain. Sociopaths usually operate based on what is in their way currently with little regard for revenge.
    The 'gain' is simple. Make those who'd be your opponents, NOT your opponents. Kill to dissuade others from standing against you: make them examples of what happens to opponents who won't 'behave'.

The Soviet Union was always about iron control. Hungary, 1956 ... Czechoslovakia, 1968 .. each examples of States within the Soviet Union not conforming to required 'norms'. So, iron control was brought to bear.

Putin's set in the same mentality which was uppermost back then. He applies it today. As to 'point' ... power is its own end, I think Putin would believe. You exercise it to maintain it, no matter what it takes, and nothing, but nothing, can be allowed to intrude into the process.

I don't think the assassinations in the UK were about revenge -- rather, about 'good housekeeping'. Opponents were dispensed with, much as a housewife would dispose of trash. In the process, a message has been sent out to others in the clearest possible terms. Putin expects it to be heeded.

Crimea was a territory sufficiently ripe for the taking. So, it WAS. Putin is not shy of making the world understand that, come-what-may, this is a status quo he will not allow to change. If he thinks others may see this as odious, as contemptuously controlling, as trampling on the rights of others, he doesn't care.

Might is Right. Putin has the Might. Therefore, in Putin's terms, he's 'Right'.

And to hell with everyone, and everything, else. Decency. Democratic freedom. Indeed, freedom of any description. If it gets in the way, it isn't to be considered.
    Last edited by Drummond; 03-16-2018 at 11:35 PM.