Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Balu View Post
    Russia and the USSR never had own weapons factories in Egypt. The production of AK clones was deployed in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Europe and the USA, both under the license of Izhmash and without it. According to very approximate calculations, there are 70 to 105 million copies of various modifications of Kalashnikov assault rifles in the world. Manufactured under the license and the original is not the same thing. Just like Whiskey produced under license in Belarus and the original Whiskey produced in Scotland. As to quality and reliability the worst are those which were manufactured in the Middle East and China.
    Bull shit...

The Maadi equipment was sent to Egypt as part of a joint venture between the Egyptians and the Russians in the 1950’s

Egyptian Maadi AK47’s an exact duplicate of the Russian AKM. During the 1950’s the Soviet Union, as part of its military aid program, established the production of Soviet-pattern small arms in the Arab Republic of Egypt.

https://www.quora.com/Is-Maadi-Egyptian-AK-47-as-good-as-the-Russian-one

2. Thanks Balu thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Russia adopted the latest assault rifles.

New Russian AK-12 and AK-15 assault rifles have been adopted. Information on this "Interfax" was confirmed in the concern "Kalashnikov".
    The official newspaper of the Ministry of Defense of Russia Krasnaya Zvezda (The Red Star) also reports that the military department decided to adopt not only Kalashnikov assault rifles, but also AEK-971 and AEK-973 assault rifles at the Degtyarev plant (Kovrov). It is noted that AK-12 and AK-15 for simplicity and reliability are more suitable for army units, and products of the Kovrov plant are recommended for various special forces.
    The decision was announced at the coordinating scientific council on the problems of combat equipment, held on 25 January. All four assault rifles were tested for inclusion in combat equipment "Ratnik", which is positioned as equipment "soldier of the future".
    The development of the AK-12 caliber of 5.45 millimeters was carried out from 2011 on the basis of developments over the previous 10 years. For several years, the manufacturer was denied state funding for the tests, since the military claimed numerous shortcomings of the prospective machine. In 2016, the AK-15, developed for the 7.62-millimeter cartridge, was demonstrated.
    AEK-971 was developed in 1978 on the basis of the Konstantinov system automaton. In the same year, it participated in the "Abakan" competition, announced by the USSR Defense Ministry, but then the preference was given to the AN-94 automatic. In 2013, a modified AEK-971 called A-545 became a candidate for a new combined-arms machine. Its version for the 7.62-millimeter cartridge was AEK-973.

https://lenta.ru/news/2018/01/29/avtomati/
    Indifferent alike to praise or blame
    Give heed, O Muse, but to the voice Divine
    Fearing not injury, nor seeking fame,
    Nor casting pearls to swine.
    (A.Pushkin)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Russia adopted the latest assault rifles.

New Russian AK-12 and AK-15 assault rifles have been adopted. Information on this "Interfax" was confirmed in the concern "Kalashnikov".
    The official newspaper of the Ministry of Defense of Russia Krasnaya Zvezda (The Red Star) also reports that the military department decided to adopt not only Kalashnikov assault rifles, but also AEK-971 and AEK-973 assault rifles at the Degtyarev plant (Kovrov). It is noted that AK-12 and AK-15 for simplicity and reliability are more suitable for army units, and products of the Kovrov plant are recommended for various special forces.
    The decision was announced at the coordinating scientific council on the problems of combat equipment, held on 25 January. All four assault rifles were tested for inclusion in combat equipment "Ratnik", which is positioned as equipment "soldier of the future".
    The development of the AK-12 caliber of 5.45 millimeters was carried out from 2011 on the basis of developments over the previous 10 years. For several years, the manufacturer was denied state funding for the tests, since the military claimed numerous shortcomings of the prospective machine. In 2016, the AK-15, developed for the 7.62-millimeter cartridge, was demonstrated.
    AEK-971 was developed in 1978 on the basis of the Konstantinov system automaton. In the same year, it participated in the "Abakan" competition, announced by the USSR Defense Ministry, but then the preference was given to the AN-94 automatic. In 2013, a modified AEK-971 called A-545 became a candidate for a new combined-arms machine. Its version for the 7.62-millimeter cartridge was AEK-973.

https://lenta.ru/news/2018/01/29/avtomati/
    And it'll be obsolete before you even start producing it.

5. Thanks Balu thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Bull shit...

The Maadi equipment was sent to Egypt as part of a joint venture between the Egyptians and the Russians in the 1950’s

Egyptian Maadi AK47’s an exact duplicate of the Russian AKM. During the 1950’s the Soviet Union, as part of its military aid program, established the production of Soviet-pattern small arms in the Arab Republic of Egypt.

https://www.quora.com/Is-Maadi-Egyptian-AK-47-as-good-as-the-Russian-one
    Once again - there is great difference between products of ANY Joint venture and those of the Original.
    It CAN NOT be the EXACT duplicate. First - Steel. Second - size accuracy.
    (A.Pushkin)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Balu...nobody really cares. Only one thing matters.

Once again - there is great difference between products of ANY Joint venture and those of the Original.
    It CAN NOT be the EXACT duplicate. First - Steel. Second - size accuracy.

A Bullet from the weapon is DEADLY, no matter what the weapon is called, nor how popular it is.

Nobody on the receiveing end of the weapon DISAGREE'S.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

And it'll be obsolete before you even start producing it.
    After completion of all tests, the Concern has already started serial production of AK-12 and AK-15.
    The first batch should get into the troops at the end of 2018, said the Head of the State Corporation Rostek, Sergei Chemezov.

Have a look. English subtitles available.

P.S.
    Good night!
    Moscow time - 2 a.m.
    Last edited by Balu; 03-06-2018 at 05:56 PM.
    (A.Pushkin)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

My Dad, a WWII vet, told me the best rifle made was the M-1,
    followed by the BAR. Then the M-14 was made, just a jacked up M-1.

He hated the original M--15 and M-16.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

After completion of all tests, the Concern has already started serial production of AK-12 and AK-15.
    The first batch should get into the troops at the end of 2018, said the Head of the State Corporation Rostek, Sergei Chemezov.

Have a look. English subtitles available.

P.S.
    Good night!
    Moscow time - 2 a.m.
    Looks like an AK-47 with a face lift, but still same old weapon.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Haven't had any accuracy issues with my AK. Course mine is a Maadi, built by the Russians at their own plant in Egypt until the Egyptians kicked them out.

And if I'm going to shoot 500m, I wouldn't use an AK or an AR, I'd use a good bolt action 7mm with a Nikon scope. The AK is a lead spewer, it's reliable and gets the job done quite well I'd say, from personal experience, and I'm not an idiot...
    I can hit 10 out of 10 with old A1 at 500m and have done so repeatedly. Regular old "iron sights", no scope. The A2 was like a gift to me. easy to use sights, Better grips.

Not sure where the "idiot" thing came from. Balu's the idiot. The AK-47 is a reliable bullet thrower. I agree, and already said as much. The M-16 is a superior weapon. The claim that US troops prefer the AK to the M-16 is propaganda. First, which US troops are equipped with AKs? None. EVEN IF ne is picked up on the battlefied, nowadays, it ain't like 'Nam were you just carried whatever you pleased. You have to turn it in. So who are these US troops that prefer an AK? The handful that may have actually used one as a matter of battlefield expediency? They don't get to keep it. I'm pretty sure TASS didn't get to interview any.

Meaning they "interviewed" a bunch of 3rd world rebels/ragheads that bought their weapons and probably were lucky they are simple to use. Camel herder today, rebel troop with an AK tomorrow. So yeah, i question the validity of anything Russia's version of "Baghdad Bob" has to say.

Again, if your rifle is good for 350m and mine is good for 500m, I win. You won't get closer than 400. Why should i give you an even break and give away a tactical advantage?
    Last edited by Gunny; 03-06-2018 at 06:38 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

12. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    . Balu's the idiot. The AK-47 is a reliable bullet thrower. I agree, and already said as much. The M-16 is a superior weapon.
    Okies! an M-240 is a bullet thrower, and so is .50 Cal. Point is, what is more effective>?

M-16 is more reliable for the grunt that has to wield it!

AK-47 is nothing but a skilless point and pull the trigger weapon.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Okies! an M-240 is a bullet thrower, and so is .50 Cal. Point is, what is more effective>?

M-16 is more reliable for the grunt that has to wield it!

AK-47 is nothing but a skilless point and pull the trigger weapon.
    Those two are not comparable weapons. The M2 is for point targets. The M240 is for area targets. You would deploy each weapon differently. Well, most people would. CSM's probably got his M-79 accurized with a scope on it
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

15. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Give me a Remington 700 BDL in 7mm with a 3x9 Nikon scope and I'll drop lead on a quarter at 300 yards.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Give me a Remington 700 BDL in 7mm with a 3x9 Nikon scope and I'll drop lead on a quarter at 300 yards.
    When I was in the Corps (back in Ancient Sparta according to Jimbob ) we carried an M240A2. It is a modified Remington Model 700, accurized at the Armory at Quantico and fitted with a 10X Unertl scope. Average shooting distance just for the Hell of it is 750-1000m. They were chambered in 7.62mm (.308).

I have no idea what the qualification is now. They use the Barrett and I've never even seen one outside the movies. Never looked for one. I don't like the size of it. Too cumbersome. You'd HAVE to carry a backup assault rifle for yourself and ditch the Barrett in a jam. Used to be your spotter had the 16. You had the Remington and a Beretta.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Those two are not comparable weapons. The M2 is for point targets. The M240 is for area targets. You would deploy each weapon differently. Well, most people would. CSM's probably got his M-79 accurized with a scope on it
    You bet I had it accurized ...got it customized too so I could lay down some tactical nuclear grenades too!
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

19. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    You bet I had it accurized ...got it customized too so I could lay down some tactical nuclear grenades too!