Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I hear obama is in talks with netflix for a show... it's going to be called, "I Was Born a Kenyan Muslim."
    I've heard they may change the title ---- to "Fooled You! Fooled You!"

2. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default South and North Korea may end 67 year old war?

If this happens, and the North goes towards de-nuclearization, that would be a true monument!

---

South and North Korea Set to Announce End to 67 Year War in Talks Next Week

North and South Korea are set to announce an end to their 67-year-long war in talks next week.

The announcement was made before a summit next week between Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-in.

President Donald Trump has agreed to meet with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un by the month of May.

CNBC reported:

North and South Korea are in talks to announce a permanent end to the officially declared military conflict between the two countries, daily newspaper Munhwa Ilbo reported Tuesday, citing an unnamed South Korean official.

Ahead of a summit next week between North Korean premier Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-in, lawmakers from the neighboring states were thought to be negotiating the details of a joint statement that could outline an end to the confrontation.

Kim and Moon could also discuss returning the heavily-fortified demilitarized zone separating them to its original state, the newspaper said.

Pyongyang and Seoul have technically been at war since the 1950-1953 Korean conflict ended with a truce — and not a peace treaty. Geopolitical tensions have occasionally flared up since the armistice, although to date both countries have managed to avoid another devastating conflict.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018...lks-next-week/

North and South Korea reportedly set to announce official end to war

-Ahead of a summit next week between North Korean premier Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-In, lawmakers from the neighboring states were thought to be negotiating the details of a joint statement that could outline an end to the military conflict between the two countries.
    -Pyongyang and Seoul have technically been at war since the 1950-1953 Korean conflict ended with a truce — and not a peace treaty.

North and South Korea are in talks to announce a permanent end to the officially declared military conflict between the two countries, daily newspaper Munhwa Ilbo reported Tuesday, citing an unnamed South Korean official.

Ahead of a summit next week between North Korean premier Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-in, lawmakers from the neighboring states were thought to be negotiating the details of a joint statement that could outline an end to the confrontation.

Kim and Moon could also discuss returning the heavily fortified demilitarized zone separating them to its original state, the newspaper said.

Pyongyang and Seoul have technically been at war since the 1950-1953 Korean conflict ended with a truce — and not a peace treaty. Geopolitical tensions have occasionally flared up since the armistice, although to date both countries have managed to avoid another devastating conflict.

A successful summit between the Koreas later this month could help pave the way for a meeting between Kim and President Donald Trump. The U.S. president and North Korean leader are poised to hold talks in late May or June, according to the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA).

Rest - https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/17/nort...nd-to-war.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Moving in the right direction? As I said last month, IF this actually comes to fruition, Trump will have at least this one big deal as his legacy:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/17/nort...nd-to-war.html

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    If this happens, and the North goes towards de-nuclearization, that would be a true monument!

---

South and North Korea Set to Announce End to 67 Year War in Talks Next Week

North and South Korea are set to announce an end to their 67-year-long war in talks next week.

The announcement was made before a summit next week between Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-in.

President Donald Trump has agreed to meet with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un by the month of May.

CNBC reported:

Kim and Moon could also discuss returning the heavily-fortified demilitarized zone separating them to its original state, the newspaper said.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018...lks-next-week/

North and South Korea reportedly set to announce official end to war

-Ahead of a summit next week between North Korean premier Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-In, lawmakers from the neighboring states were thought to be negotiating the details of a joint statement that could outline an end to the military conflict between the two countries.
    -Pyongyang and Seoul have technically been at war since the 1950-1953 Korean conflict ended with a truce — and not a peace treaty.

Kim and Moon could also discuss returning the heavily fortified demilitarized zone separating them to its original state, the newspaper said.

A successful summit between the Koreas later this month could help pave the way for a meeting between Kim and President Donald Trump. The U.S. president and North Korean leader are poised to hold talks in late May or June, according to the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA).

Rest - https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/17/nort...nd-to-war.html

Great minds and all that. I just posted in a previous thread I started last month, same article. We'll have to see what the little rocket man does long term, but for now, Trump has earned bragging rights on this.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

7. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Great minds and all that. I just posted in a previous thread I started last month, same article. We'll have to see what the little rocket man does long term, but for now, Trump has earned bragging rights on this.
    I moved them into your thread, give it a bigger picture.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

9. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Meanwhile......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post

Meanwhile......

She's sniffing for condoms.
    Last edited by Black Diamond; 04-17-2018 at 04:47 PM.

12. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    She's sniffing for condoms.

Probably safer for the Liberal than sniffing for Biological weapons....
    Last edited by LongTermGuy; 04-17-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I moved them into your thread, give it a bigger picture.
    That wasn't necessary, today's news is Big, I just hope the South isn't being hoodwinked.

15. Likes jimnyc, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Shinzo Abe: Upcoming North Korea Summit a Result of Donald Trump’s ‘Unwavering Conviction’

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe praised President Donald Trump for his success in getting North Korea to agree to preliminary talks with the United States.

“The background of this change is Donald’s unwavering conviction, as well as the determination that you demonstrated in addressing the issue of North Korea,” Abe told Trump. “So your stance made it possible to achieve this major change.”

Abe made his remarks while visiting the president on Tuesday at his Mar-a-Lago club in Florida, where they discussed national security issues, trade, and the ongoing diplomatic process in North Korea.

He praised the strength of the United States military as well as the success of the Winter Olympic Games in Pyeongchang, concluding that diplomatic relations in the region had changed dramatically since Trump became president.

“I’d like to take this opportunity to express and pay my tribute to your leadership,” he said.

“This will be a historic meeting, and I certainly hope that there will be progress on these fronts,” he said.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ng-conviction/

Abe said that denuclearization in the region was a top priority for Japan, expressing hope for the expected diplomatic meeting.

17. Thanks Kathianne, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Shinzo Abe: Upcoming North Korea Summit a Result of Donald Trump’s ‘Unwavering Conviction’

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe praised President Donald Trump for his success in getting North Korea to agree to preliminary talks with the United States.

“The background of this change is Donald’s unwavering conviction, as well as the determination that you demonstrated in addressing the issue of North Korea,” Abe told Trump. “So your stance made it possible to achieve this major change.”

Abe made his remarks while visiting the president on Tuesday at his Mar-a-Lago club in Florida, where they discussed national security issues, trade, and the ongoing diplomatic process in North Korea.

He praised the strength of the United States military as well as the success of the Winter Olympic Games in Pyeongchang, concluding that diplomatic relations in the region had changed dramatically since Trump became president.

“I’d like to take this opportunity to express and pay my tribute to your leadership,” he said.

“This will be a historic meeting, and I certainly hope that there will be progress on these fronts,” he said.

Abe said that denuclearization in the region was a top priority for Japan, expressing hope for the expected diplomatic meeting.

Yep, if this goes well, he has Obama beat by 1k miles in the legacy department.

19. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Very good Jimmy......Obama and Hillary are crying...Trump haters are gritting their teeth and putting on fake smiles.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Believe it when I see it...Hopefully.

I am old enough to also remember the talks that took place in the 50's to end the POLICE ACTION in Korea. Then, I also remember most of the TALKS that were held to end the VIETNAM war....where the design of the TABLE at the talks...held up everything....and WE STILL HAVEN'T SIGNED A TREATY with Vietnam, or IRAQ...after they invaded KUWAIT.

Call me synical and old...but...I WILL BELIEVE IT AFTER IT TAKES PLACE, AND NOT BEFORE.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

22. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    I am old enough to also remember the talks that took place in the 50's to end the POLICE ACTION in Korea. Then, I also remember most of the TALKS that were held to end the VIETNAM war....where the design of the TABLE at the talks...held up everything....and WE STILL HAVEN'T SIGNED A TREATY with Vietnam, or IRAQ...after they invaded KUWAIT.

Call me synical and old...but...I WILL BELIEVE IT AFTER IT TAKES PLACE, AND NOT BEFORE.
    That's what I've been saying, but I really do hope it comes to pass, along with NK getting nuke free.

24. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

It does appear that if rocketman behaves, credit will be given to Trump:
    https://m.sfgate.com/news/article/So...h-12487589.php