Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    If you want the best quality sound, avoid MP3's entirely. The whole point of them is to make the file size small, which means compressing the data, so that only the 'necessary' sound remains. Better, as your post hints, to go for the HD formats, like AIFF, FLAC, and even the older WAV files. Yes, they take up far more space, but an audiophile will probably think it worth the sacrifice.

I signed up to Qobuz a while ago. Their bog-standard 'entry' (i.e lowest !) streaming quality is MP3's set at 320kbps. From there, they offer HD streams of FLAC files going up to 24bit 192kHz ...

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/music/streaming/offers

Of late, I've basically abandoned music and listened to news and discussion outputs. Oh, and here's a real treat to hold in one's imagination: the 'persuasive' sound of Jeremy Corbyn walking around in circles, as the most convincing means he has of persuading our Lefties that he's fit to continue on as Labour leader ....
    You're preaching to the choir brother... ... I'm an old audiophile from way, way back. You want to avoid using bluetooth for music also, because it's inception was intended for wireless voice, not music. It won't relay the increased bit rates of HD and Ultra HD music.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)