Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Trump Admin Considering Capital Punishment For Drug Traffickers

The Trump Administration is reportedly considering a new policy, making drug traffickers eligible for the death penalty.
    Reports Friday said, house officials were looking into capital punishment for high volume drug traffickers, especially in regards to trafficking painkillers like Fentanyl.
    Currently, only drug offenders found guilty of murder are eligible for capital punishment.
    White House officials say they are also looking into harsher punishments for lower priority drug crimes.
    The administration is expected to decide on the issue in the coming weeks.
    http://www.oann.com/trump-admin-cons...g-traffickers/

Not going to work anymore than any other piece of legislation designed to stop illegal drug use. Prohibition didn't work. Guess no one got the memo. There's a market, and those willing to take the risk providing the commodity. I wonder what the REAL percentage of drug traffikers getting caught is ....

Minus the moral argument(s), for someone with nothing and no opportunity, pretty lucrative job opportunity.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Trump is considering imitating Duterte of the Philippines.

I'm for all that, of course --- but probably no one else is. Kill out all the drug traffickers, and there won't BE anymore of them. That's what Duterte is doing, but people complain and criticize.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Geesh! Stop the trafficking and start to stifle the spread.

Not gonna be a simple answer but MY wish is to keep this shit away from kids,
    but traffickers and dealers do not care for the law.

Someone wants to be as deadbeat coke-head....fine. Die an early death.
    What black tar heroin? Fine, die an early death.

Nothing liberal or Conservative about mu opinion at ALL.
    It, is illegal! So is MJ under federal law. I don't see so many defending that law.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mundame View Post
    Trump is considering imitating Duterte of the Philippines.

I'm for all that, of course --- but probably no one else is. Kill out all the drug traffickers, and there won't BE anymore of them. That's what Duterte is doing, but people complain and criticize.......
    And is their drug problem solved? I'm at the edge of my seat!

I sold an ounce of weed back in college. I deserve to die?
    Last edited by pete311; 03-12-2018 at 08:39 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

My deepest assurance - ANY in the chain supplier, trafficker and dealer MUST be sentenced to Death. The same for terrorists, killing innocent people.
    P.S.
    I was so much impressed by the thread about next innocent victims in the USA - 'Yountville shooting'
    Indifferent alike to praise or blame
    Give heed, O Muse, but to the voice Divine
    Fearing not injury, nor seeking fame,
    Nor casting pearls to swine.
    (A.Pushkin)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Balu View Post
    My deepest assurance - ANY in the chain supplier, trafficker and dealer MUST be sentenced to Death. The same for terrorists, killing innocent people.
    P.S.
    I was so much impressed by the thread about next innocent victims in the USA - 'Yountville shooting'
    Dream on. Captial punishment is controversial even for the most heinous of crimes. Killing drug dealers ain't gonna happen. Move on troll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    And is their drug problem solved? I'm at the edge of my seat!

I sold an ounce of weed back in college. I deserve to die?
    One ounce? You daredevil. Living on the edge, huh?

It WILL stop that drug dealer. It is not going to stop the sale or use of illegal drugs.

I don't get it myself. You can cruise right up to the package store and get a bottle (not on Sunday in TX). It's no mor or less addictive nor harlmful to your health than any other escape from reality. And it's legal.

Where there's a will, there's a way. Pot became popular during Prohibition. Wonder why?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    One ounce? You daredevil. Living on the edge, huh?

It WILL stop that drug dealer. It is not going to stop the sale or use of illegal drugs.

I don't get it myself. You can cruise right up to the package store and get a bottle (not on Sunday in TX). It's no mor or less addictive nor harlmful to your health than any other escape from reality. And it's legal.

Where there's a will, there's a way. Pot became popular during Prohibition. Wonder why?
    The prohibition was first forced by the liquor and brewery industries.
    That was because it cut into their profits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_..._United_States

This occurred after the prohibition Amendment was rescinded:

https://www.history.com/topics/18th-and-21st-amendments

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

9. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    The prohibition was first forced by the liquor and brewery industries.
    That was because it cut into their profits.
    I can't agree with that! I've read a couple books about it --- it was an early but major feminist project. (That lady with the axe, Carrie Nation, had a lot of fellow travelers....)

It was because of the huge influx of male immigrants from drinking cultures --- notably German and Irish and Italians --- who were building saloons, plural, on EVERY block and drinking like fish. Those songs like "The Face on the Barroom Floor" were not jokes back then. Big drinking had started, against a largely abstemious, Protestant culture.

Women are entirely to credit (or blame, if you prefer) for stopping this by forcing in Prohibition. Okay, Prohibition got overturned in a welter of gangs, tommy guns, bathtub gin, and a whole lot of moonshining, true. BUT --- they did overturn the new incoming drink-drink-drink culture that was ruining America. Liquor Control Boards came in and stopped the overbuilding of saloons and package stores. This was a direct result of Prohibition and the strong feelings on both sides. I think it's been a good compromise.
    Last edited by mundame; 03-12-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I can't agree with that! I've read a couple books about it --- it was an early but major feminist project. (That lady with the axe, Carrie Nation, had a lot of fellow travelers....)

It was because of the huge influx of male immigrants from drinking cultures --- notably German and Irish and Italians --- who were building saloons, plural, on EVERY block and drinking like fish. Those songs like "The Face on the Barroom Floor" were not jokes back then. Big drinking had started, against a largely abstemious, Protestant culture.

Women are entirely to credit (or blame, if you prefer) for stopping this by forcing in Prohibition. Okay, Prohibition got overturned in a welter of gangs, tommy guns, bathtub gin, and a whole lot of moonshining, true. BUT --- they did overturn the new incoming drink-drink-drink culture that was ruining America. Liquor Control Boards came in and stopped the overbuilding of saloons and package stores. This was a direct result of Prohibition and the strong feelings on both sides. I think it's been a good compromise.
    Nope! JFK's father had influence and he was a shareholder in the liquor brewing business.

I do not like drugs, but Joseph P. Kennedy was a leader in prohibiting pot growing and
    moonshine because it cut into his profits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_P._Kennedy_Sr.

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I think he's talking about pot, not alcohol. He is correct as far as that goes. Pot was criminalized after alcohol Prohibition ended. It was done so by a smear campaign mostly run by alcohol producers.

My point was that when alcohol WAS prohibited, it gave pot a foot in the door. In the late 1800s it was opium dens. The main point is people who want to get high are going to find a way.

I watched a guy spray PAM (the spray on grease crap) into the bottom of a paper bag, put the bag on his face and "huff" it. Needless to say, we didn't hang out after that

No legislation is going to stop people from wanting to get high. Hell, I have to produce ID for sinus medication and can get only so much of it at a time because some stoner figured out how to get high off the crap. Most inconvenient.

13. Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    . Hell, I have to produce ID for sinus medication and can get only so much of it at a time because some stoner figured out how to get high off the crap. Most inconvenient.

That drives me nuts!

My sinuses are always in an uproar!

A Deplorable!

15. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Anyway, I think drug pushers should all be executed because they are poisoners. It's this fentanyl -- the police have to suit up in biohazard suits just to handle suspected drugs now: they've had deaths from skin absorption.

The number of people being poisoned by the new designer drugs astonishes me. I mean, the "bath salts" that make people strip naked and run around the streets eating peoples' faces -- you can't write fiction like that: who would believe it? You could call that a recreational drug if you like, but darn -- I'd call it a poison.

The Police Barracks sign here has changed from the 6-8 alcohol-related deaths they posted for some 25-30 years to drug overdose deaths -- it was up to 76 dead for 2017 in December! And this county still has sheep and cows and cornfields.

People are being poisoned to death by the dozens in every county and town, and girls roofied and sold into white sex slavery by one (1) dose of fentanyl, instant addiction. Then they are zombies, the pimps can do what they like. I am terrified for my granddaughters. I want drug sellers caught and killed.
    Last edited by mundame; 03-12-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Nope! JFK's father had influence and he was a shareholder in the liquor brewing business.

I do not like drugs, but Joseph P. Kennedy was a leader in prohibiting pot growing and
    moonshine because it cut into his profits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_P._Kennedy_Sr.
    Moonshine was already prohibited. I was a child in mountain country Tennessee, and I know all about that. The battles between the Shine makers and the Revenuers were spectacular, as written up in the county paper. Pot was illegal too --- don't you remember the movie "Reefer Madness"?

I'm no fan of this new rehabilitation of the "entry drug." I never smoked anything in my life and don't plan to start.
    Last edited by mundame; 03-12-2018 at 02:41 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Anyway, I think drug pushers should all be executed because they are poisoners. It's this fentanyl -- the police have to suit up in biohazard suits just to handle suspected drugs now: they've had deaths from skin absorption.

The number of people being poisoned by the new designer drugs astonishes me. I mean, the "bath salts" that make people strip naked and run around the streets eating peoples' faces -- you can't write fiction like that: who would believe it? You could call that a recreational drug if you like, but darn -- I'd call it a poison.

The Police Barracks sign here has changed from the 6-8 alcohol-related deaths they posted for some 25-30 years to drug overdose deaths -- it was up to 76 dead for 2017 in December! And this county still has sheep and cows and cornfields.

People are being poisoned to death by the dozens in every county and town, and girls roofied and sold into white sex slavery by one (1) dose of fentanyl, instant addiction. Then they are zombies, the pimps can do what they like. I am terrified for my granddaughters. I want drug sellers caught and killed.
    You left out the laundry detergent. There's no known cure for stupid.