Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

So the plans around the Iditarod didn't work out due to my late arrival.

But hell, God made it happen. Right on the trail towards the cabin, out of nowhere comes this guy looking like he was lost on the Iditarod trail!! Rick asked him if he had a minute, and the very kind gent did and stopped for us.

I got a small video of him pulling up. Take a good look at the lead dog, the one on the right closest to the camera - he is half wolf!!

While Rick chatted, I went to the front of the line and came down the line and got a video of all of these beauties!! Again, the first lead dog, on the left in this angle. You can just see the wolf in him.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

So in the kitchen, Sharon used a steel welding table for years and years. Apparently it was perfect and did the job, but I think the cabin is growing with people, and counters were in order.

Rick was kind enough to give me credit here, but lets face it, I'm no carpenter or builder. I carried them in from outside, and they had diesel spilled on them. So I cleaned them nicely and prepped them. Then when leveling I crawled under like a monkey and helped. And then when Rick and Joe cut the wood braces, I held onto the end of the wood in place!

But the end result is awesome!

Mountains

Rick left a window opened in the kitchen accidentally, so it was cold, and I sat in a chair in front of the best place in the cabin! Oh man, lots of alcohol on the table!

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks LongTermGuy, Jeff thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Gotta head out for a few, will post the rest when I get back, not a ton anyway. a lot of duplicates and a lot of the puppy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Dang, I LOVE King Crab!

That's it- I'm stealing Sharon away from Rick.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

7. Thanks NT'sGirl, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, NT'sGirl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Dang, I LOVE King Crab!

That's it- I'm stealing Sharon away from Rick.
    I'm afraid that she kind of likes Rick and might not make a trade!! And dang, she can cook!! And the crab, baked in the oven... oh my!! I'm trying to steal her too, but Rick does have that .460!!

9. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Some more of the heavenly mountain scenery, around every turn that they get to see daily!!

Meeting my newest best friend for the first time! Sharon picked her out, picked her up, brought her home, loved her and took care of her, spoiled her and got tons of doggy things! But this was my first interaction with her.

Wearing the snowsuit still, why I have no idea. literally melting to death, sun in my eyes and I was ugly already, so making weird faces doesn't help!!

And here's leaving Chicago, heading down the runway trying to keep my hands still!

11. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Got to about 20,000 feet and broke through the clouds, it looked kinda cool like on top of the world!

13. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Nikoh's first taste of the good life in Chicago! Actualy, she was in heaven at the hotel, I believe this may be the airport?

The pics in the hotel room didn't convince my sister that I actually went through with it, so I had to send her "proof" of it being current.

A little peek outside the left side of my room, on the 12th floor

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

So Rick told me that Sharon could make anything happen in Alaska, she's like the "fixer" and has the answer for everything!! She's just effing awesome!! So she took the challenge - and found "NIKOH" for me on very veryt short notice. Yeps, that's my newest bestest friend in the world's name - my new girlfriend at home - her name is Nikoh, which is Alaskan Athabaskan for "big" i believe.

So if your dogs are like my dogs and have to have a middle name, a good Athabaskan name would be Nikoh Lin means Big dog
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” —. Morticia Addams

16. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Came home, and this was the very first time that Nikoh met the little Chihuahua, Porter & also the kitty Nero came out to investigate!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NT'sGirl View Post
    So if your dogs are like my dogs and have to have a middle name, a good Athabaskan name would be Nikoh Lin means Big dog
    Hey Sharon!!!!!!

That's a dang good idea, and like I told you, the woman's middle name is "Lynn", so she may like that! I think it's perfect!

"Nikoh Lin"

19. Thanks NT'sGirl thanked this post
    Likes NT'sGirl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Very short vid, but gives you a great shot of her face and eyes!!

21. Likes NT'sGirl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Damn, not as many pics/vids this time around. For the first half of the trip, I wore cargo pants, more to hold things in the pockets - like my cell phone on the right side. But then you slip on the snowsuit up above your neck, and then I had my Steelers jacket on zipped up to my neck. So if you wanted a fairly quick picture, like when out on the snowmachines, I had to zip down both as far as possible, and then try and reach into my pocket as if I was wearing a straight jacket.

So then on like day 4 or 5, I was telling Sharon that I would like to have her Mom make me an inside pocket for my jacket, which was always a must for me. She said of course, and then I explained why. She then walked over, hit the SAME little zipper on my chest on the outside of the jacket, just like Rick's, which is likely made for a cell or smokes. Didn't even know she was there, and boy did I feel like a dummy!!

We really needed Sharon, for sure she is the brains of the operation. So when we had a few drinks, and Sharon was back home....

We decided we were going to make Reuben sandwiches for dinner, at like 9pm. So what do we do? Rick calls Sharon to ask how to make them! Even though all of the separate pieces were ready, just a matter of heating her up and sticking it into my belly.

Well then Rick called a 2nd time because we were a little confused. Then he called a 3rd time as we wanted to do it right. Then he called a 4th time to ask if we were supposed to butter the bread. Then he called a 5th time, as I think we drank too much, and then forgot if we had to butter the bread or not! LOL

Poor Sharon, I could hear in the background laughing with frustration - "Damn guys, I didn't know it was so hard to made a damn sandwich". I was cracking up!!

23. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And oh boy, I'll tell this little story before Rick gets to it!

So Sharon brought out a HUGE box of Fireball whiskey or death juice as I like to call it now. Pop a little square out on both sides and get like 2 little dials to pour your drinks. The first night, Sharon still there and in control, I had a nice 'ol buzz and slept great!

Well, she then went home, and left the men to play.

I forgot when to stop. And we had so much dang fun, and I guess some of it layed dormant inside me, waiting for just the right time...

So, there is this outhouse about 30 yards or so away from the house. And boy oh boy was that seat COLD to sit on. So naturally, out to the right of the cabin, where no one goes, just may have been a rather small but then grew rather large, spot where the men turned the snow yellow. And boy did she grow over some time!!

So Jim got absolutely hammered. I mean hammered! I was sleepwalking, sleep sitting in the chair, walking into walls and just all around good fun!! Then Rick told me I should go to bed, probably tiring of making sure I didn't kill myself.

Well, then I decided I needed to go just one last time before I crawl under the blankets in the nice warm cabin! So out I went. And that's about all I remember, as I kinda maybe might have blacked out a tad. But when you land face first in 4 feet of snow, it tends to wake you rather quickly. Now all I knew is that I was cold, and I was in the snow. I rolled over and tried to crawl back onto the snow covered deck, but I was sliding in the snow and kinda almost falling underneath the cabin!! I had to work kinda hard to get back on solid ground. And as I walked to the front door, wiping myself off, there comes along Joe. I saw it in his face. He just stared for 30 seconds or so. And then he said it, and it all became real - "Jim, did you just fall in the pee hole?"

And I thought for a few seconds, and realized and came to reality with what just happened, and I kinda fake cried talked and replied "I'm afraid I may have, Joe", of course in shock now with what I may have landed in. But I was drunker than a skunk, cleaned off and went to bed, not even caring.

Until the next morning, when all was quiet as us hungover men sat with our first coffee for the day. And then among all the quiet, Rick says "so I heard you fell in the pee hole".

A shit, EFF ME!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    And oh boy, I'll tell this little story before Rick gets to it!

So Sharon brought out a HUGE box of Fireball whiskey or death juice as I like to call it now. Pop a little square out on both sides and get like 2 little dials to pour your drinks. The first night, Sharon still there and in control, I had a nice 'ol buzz and slept great!

Well, she then went home, and left the men to play.

I forgot when to stop. And we had so much dang fun, and I guess some of it layed dormant inside me, waiting for just the right time...

So, there is this outhouse about 30 yards or so away from the house. And boy oh boy was that seat COLD to sit on. So naturally, out to the right of the cabin, where no one goes, just may have been a rather small but then grew rather large, spot where the men turned the snow yellow. And boy did she grow over some time!!

So Jim got absolutely hammered. I mean hammered! I was sleepwalking, sleep sitting in the chair, walking into walls and just all around good fun!! Then Rick told me I should go to bed, probably tiring of making sure I didn't kill myself.

Well, then I decided I needed to go just one last time before I crawl under the blankets in the nice warm cabin! So out I went. And that's about all I remember, as I kinda maybe might have blacked out a tad. But when you land face first in 4 feet of snow, it tends to wake you rather quickly. Now all I knew is that I was cold, and I was in the snow. I rolled over and tried to crawl back onto the snow covered deck, but I was sliding in the snow and kinda almost falling underneath the cabin!! I had to work kinda hard to get back on solid ground. And as I walked to the front door, wiping myself off, there comes along Joe. I saw it in his face. He just stared for 30 seconds or so. And then he said it, and it all became real - "Jim, did you just fall in the pee hole?"

And I thought for a few seconds, and realized and came to reality with what just happened, and I kinda fake cried talked and replied "I'm afraid I may have, Joe", of course in shock now with what I may have landed in. But I was drunker than a skunk, cleaned off and went to bed, not even caring.

Until the next morning, when all was quiet as us hungover men sat with our first coffee for the day. And then among all the quiet, Rick says "so I heard you fell in the pee hole".

A shit, EFF ME!!!

I can't believe you shared that, but it's one to write down for posterity! Great story, reminds me of college!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

26. Likes jimnyc liked this post