Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Clock and daylight savings

If you are seeing the wrong time, go into your settings, then general settings, then change the Daylight savings options until you see the right time!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    If you are seeing the wrong time, go into your settings, then general settings, then change the Daylight savings options until you see the right time!
    Mine's been right for 2 days now ...
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

AZ doesn't observe DST. Right now it gets dark around 7, a little before. It's great when I call home in the morning, anytime after 5am here, is 7 there. (early riser, most of family is not!). Not so great in the evening, when I think of calling at 7, it's 9 there. With Derek it's fine, the other two have kids.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    AZ doesn't observe DST. Right now it gets dark around 7, a little before. It's great when I call home in the morning, anytime after 5am here, is 7 there. (early riser, most of family is not!). Not so great in the evening, when I think of calling at 7, it's 9 there. With Derek it's fine, the other two have kids.
    Mine was just wrong for 6 months. I wondered why that was ....

(you can tell I cared too)
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I was apparently somewhere over Canada heading towards Chicago when DST kicked in. So the time difference already screwed me up. The itinerary said I was leaving Alaska at 9:10pm and arriving in Chicago at 7:10am. But I knew this flight wasn't no 10 hour flight, so it had to not have taken the time difference, which was 3 hours. So I really arrived at 4:10am. But DST kicked in, so now it was 6:10am?? I scratched my head for a tad, but thankfully my nice little phone did it all for my dumb self!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I was apparently somewhere over Canada heading towards Chicago when DST kicked in. So the time difference already screwed me up. The itinerary said I was leaving Alaska at 9:10pm and arriving in Chicago at 7:10am. But I knew this flight wasn't no 10 hour flight, so it had to not have taken the time difference, which was 3 hours. So I really arrived at 4:10am. But DST kicked in, so now it was 6:10am?? I scratched my head for a tad, but thankfully my nice little phone did it all for my dumb self!
    If you fly from Tokyo to LAX, you will be in the air 12 hours and arrive 1 hour before you left.

Going, you leave LA Sat afternoon and get to Okinawa Monday around noon.