Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default WATCH: U.K.-Russian Relations At Stake In Probe Of Former Russian Spy Poisoning

OAN Newsroom
    UPDATED 9:45AM PT — Tues. March 13, 2018

The recent poisoning of a retired Russian spy in the U.K. threatens a suspension in diplomatic ties between London and Moscow. One America’s Kristian Rouz has our report.

<font color="#000000"><span style="font-family: &amp;quot">
    Last edited by Gunny; 03-13-2018 at 08:56 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Looks like it's heating up. Trump is on board. The EU is lukewarm, as usual. France and Germany are on board too, For now
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Looks like it's heating up. Trump is on board. The EU is lukewarm, as usual. France and Germany are on board too, For now
    The UK demand for Russia to credibly explain itself has come and gone. Russia has simply ignored it. The Russian line is that we must supply a sample to them of the nerve agent used in the Salisbury assassination attempt first ....

... this stance running simultaneously with one emanating out of the Kremlin's 'Russia Today' TV channel, which says that the agent could've been manufactured outside Russia entirely .....

The UK has nothing to gain by supplying any sample. It's surely impossible to envisage Russia getting their hands on that sample, then suddenly admitting that they WERE responsible for its deployment !! The Kremlin has already denied any responsibility. There's no hope of their having an attack of conscience and reversing that stance.

This is why Russia must be taught to stop acting like this. This will best be done by a concerted, preferably international, effort to teach the Kremlin a better sense of non-criminal conduct on the international stage.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

6. Likes Elessar, mundame liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

23 diplomats expelled, and a meeting with Lavrov cancelled. They're freezing Russian state assets (not sure what that entails).

Moscow calls UK's response a theatrical demonstration and threatens reprisal. I think I read the UK relies on Russia for roughly 1% of it's trade. That ought to hurt

8. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    23 diplomats expelled, and a meeting with Lavrov cancelled. They're freezing Russian state assets (not sure what that entails).

Moscow calls UK's response a theatrical demonstration and threatens reprisal. I think I read the UK relies on Russia for roughly 1% of it's trade. That ought to hurt
    Note not only that Russia has no interest in cooperation, but in the process, manages derision in the responses its leadership DOES give.

It's that arrogance which fuels this poison. Both in the sense of thinking they can poison people of their choosing without fear of consequence, and the very poison of the disgusting psychology at work.

Yes, we're freezing assets, chucking diplomats out. Russia may consider these small and perhaps lame reprisals, but nonetheless, they know we're hitting back in unusually harsh terms (.. unusual for us, that is).

What will count is the scope of support we get internationally. If faced from condemnation from all sides, possibly - just possibly - they'll understand that more than 'Might Is Right' is at work, and actually counts for something.

It really depends, I suppose, on how keen they are to become a pariah State.

What do YOU think, @Balu .. ? How keen are you to see Russia reviled, internationally ? Made into a power which values terrorist-type executions more than it does its capacity for a predisposition towards decency and reputability ?

High time for Russia to come clean. I won't be holding my breath on that one. But ... well, I'd like to be surprised.

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

I've been watching the RT, ahem, 'news' channel (that's the one that's Kremlin funded).

Their announcer came up with an interesting detail - I've only heard it from RT, so far - she said that the UK plans to provide a sample of the nerve agent used to the 'Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons'.

If true (remember who the source of this report is !) ... then, it only goes to show that the UK is standing on firm ground in its accusations against Russia. Such an international organisation will, presumably, do a proper job in adjudicating (if it's even necessary ?) exactly the extent of culpability involved.

I trust that OPCW will find in our favour. Given that they do ... what will Russia do ? Still plead so-called 'innocence', or will they go that one arrogant step further and just ignore the OPCW ?

Depends on just how much longer Russia can cling on to the morally bankrupt 'Might is Right' position they seem so proud of ...

12. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Papokarlo View Post
    )
    I become ever-more astonished at Russian arrogance.

FACT --- when the chemical nerve agent was used on British soil, this itself was a threat to our country !!! Not just the intended Russian victims of this utterly DISGUSTING assassination attempt were affected by it, but in total, TWENTY ONE people were -- these including a British policeman, acting out of duty, for the betterment of our citizens.

Advice was recently released to say that anyone who'd been in the vicinity of the poisoning incident would be wise to wash clothing, for their own safety, in case traces of the agent lingered on that clothing, threatening longer-term harm to the owners.

So when any representative of Russia sounds off, it should be remembered that WE, IN THE UK, ARE VICTIMS OF AN UNLAWFUL USE OF A MILITARY GRADE, PRODUCED IN RUSSIA, CHEMICAL WEAPON.

WE did not initiate this chain of events. WE ARE THE VICTIMS OF IT.

I want the Russian side to admit culpability. I want an abject apology to be given. I want a promise that such disgusting, terrorist-nature behaviour, will never be repeated. I want those who deployed it, to face justice. What's more, I HAVE A RIGHT TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THOSE EXPECTATIONS.

Forget 'Might is Right' so-called 'justification'. What Russia has done is criminal in the extreme. Those responsible should be accordingly answerable.

15. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    I become ever-more astonished at Russian arrogance.

FACT --- when the chemical nerve agent was used on British soil, this itself was a threat to our country !!! Not just the intended Russian victims of this utterly DISGUSTING assassination attempt were affected by it, but in total, TWENTY ONE people were -- these including a British policeman, acting out of duty, for the betterment of our citizens.

Advice was recently released to say that anyone who'd been in the vicinity of the poisoning incident would be wise to wash clothing, for their own safety, in case traces of the agent lingered on that clothing, threatening longer-term harm to the owners.

So when any representative of Russia sounds off, it should be remembered that WE, IN THE UK, ARE VICTIMS OF AN UNLAWFUL USE OF A MILITARY GRADE, PRODUCED IN RUSSIA, CHEMICAL WEAPON.

WE did not initiate this chain of events. WE ARE THE VICTIMS OF IT.

I want the Russian side to admit culpability. I want an abject apology to be given. I want a promise that such disgusting, terrorist-nature behaviour, will never be repeated. I want those who deployed it, to face justice. What's more, I HAVE A RIGHT TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THOSE EXPECTATIONS.

Forget 'Might is Right' so-called 'justification'. What Russia has done is criminal in the extreme. Those responsible should be accordingly answerable.
    Britain does not provide evidence. no evidence is provided, only the headlines. you didn't watch that video. you draw conventions from the inscription on this video. your management makes public statements from the headlines.
    Last edited by Papokarlo; 03-15-2018 at 12:30 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Britain does not provide evidence. no evidence is provided, only the headlines. you didn't watch that video. you draw conventions from the inscription on this video. your management makes public statements from the headlines.
    Oh please, they could supply videos of the russian scum, and just like American liberals, the commies will laugh, deny, ignore and act retarded. Or an "act" may be too much.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

18. Thanks Drummond, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Oh please, they could supply videos of the russian scum, and just like American liberals, the commies will laugh, deny, ignore and act retarded. Or an "act" may be too much.
    we respect all your presidents no matter what they are. you so not know how

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I fully respect lawfully elected leaders, and those leaders then ruling their countries 100% legally and in the best interest of their citizens. That didn't exist under Obama - and SURE AS HELL doesn't exist under KBG commie Putin!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    i fully respect lawfully elected leaders, and those leaders then ruling their countries 100% legally and in the best interest of their citizens. That didn't exist under obama - and sure as hell doesn't exist under kbg commie putin!!
    kgb(КГБ)
    ))

22. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

kgb(КГБ)
    ))
    Admittedly, I'm not very knowledgeable about the criminal leftover underworld of commieland, and leaders and others that still use death as a way of winning elections, and achieving other goals.

24. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Very good. That's encouraging.

In that case, you can respect President Trump's staunch support of the British Government's position regarding Russia's criminal act of murder and deployment of a chemical weapon, on British soil !!

26. Thanks mundame thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post