Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    I already posted one before seeing your latest post above, as it happened. It should serve to adequately answer you.

What do you mean, you'll be considered a liar ?? I thought, er'm, all Russians told the truth ? .....

Let me make this point, though. WE, in the UK, have been subjected to an assassination attempt on our soil (and it's not as though this is the only one we've ever suffered ... !) that involved the use of a weapon so toxic that it was highly capable of harming nearby civilians.

Tell me. If the Russian side is so innocent, so NON-hostile to us ... why is it that absolutely nobody on your side of the fence has shown us any degree of sympathy ?

Don't misunderstand me -- I'm not asking for any ! But I do find it 'curious' that, if Russia is 'innocent', how it is that they display such massive arrogance that to express sympathy never enters their heads. To me, this betrays the truth ... Russia IS fundamentally hostile to us.
    Here's a link from the BBC. It's a very full account on this whole subject. Scroll down far enough, though, and you'll see this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43377698

Russia's UN ambassador has insisted that development work on Soviet-era nerve agents stopped in 1992, and that existing stockpiles were destroyed in 2017.

In September 2017, the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) confirmed the full destruction of the 39,967 metric tons of chemical weapons possessed by Russia.

Moscow has denied any involvement in the Skripals' poisoning and demanded proof.

A former head of Russia's secret police told local media that Novichok could have been stored in any of the former Soviet states - pointing the finger at Ukraine.

A sample is to be sent to the OPCW - the independent international body set up to stop chemical warfare - for analysis.

It called the use of a chemical agent in Salisbury "extremely worrying" in a tweet, adding that "those found responsible for this must be held accountable for their actions".

Chemical weapons expert Hamish de Bretton-Gordon called for the OPCW to be allowed to visit the Russian town where he alleged the nerve agent was made.

"The only other people who could perhaps make Novichoks, if they had the blueprint to do it, would be [DSTL at] Porton Down in the UK, perhaps the US, maybe the French," he said, but added, "I have it on very good authority that Novichoks were only ever made in Shikhany in central Russia."
    It's interesting.

It took several days for Russia to suggest any possibility of the Novichok agent existing anywhere else but Russia.

But, I ask: if the effort to destroy them was to have any point to it at all, how can it be that stocks were kept back on any other territory ?

I have but one conclusion to draw ... that Russia deliberately deceived the OPCW at the time of those 'total stock destructions'. In truth, not all were destroyed. In truth, the intention was to keep aside spare stocks.

If true, this shows how dangerously maverick the Russian State really is.

Doesn't it ?
    Last edited by Drummond; 03-15-2018 at 08:39 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!