Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Papokarlo View Post
    at the end of the second world war was a divided area. we paid early in the war against Hitler. Hitler wanted to destroy all of Europe, including police, jewels, Russians, and the Baltic States(all these Nations he wanted to exterminate) we liberated these countries from Hitler. Further divided Europe between America England and the Soviet Union(Yalta conference), in my opinion it is fair. Crimea has always been a part of Russia since the 1400's. Lenin Created Ukraine in the early 20th century. And Brezhnev in the middle of the 20th century gate of Crimea to Ukraine, illegally. during the second world war we lost about 40 000 000 people(it was a brutal war)
    That's called making a deal with the devil. "Divided" didn't mean "possession". We don't own any country other than our own. We rebuilt Western Europe and turned it back over to them.

The fact is, ALL countries occupied by the Soviet Union after WWII was illegal. Brezhnev may have not had the right to give Crimea back to Ukraine in YOUR point of view. In the World's point of view, Russia didn't have the right to occupy Ukraine indefinitely to begin with. Your colonial mindset is rather enlightening though. Foreign nations are not possessions. But you seem to think they are.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    That's called making a deal with the devil. "Divided" didn't mean "possession". We don't own any country other than our own. We rebuilt Western Europe and turned it back over to them.

The fact is, ALL countries occupied by the Soviet Union after WWII was illegal. Brezhnev may have not had the right to give Crimea back to Ukraine in YOUR point of view. In the World's point of view, Russia didn't have the right to occupy Ukraine indefinitely to begin with. Your colonial mindset is rather enlightening though. Foreign nations are not possessions. But you seem to think they are.
    we could drive Hitler to our border, in which case he would have destroyed Ukraine, Poland and others. he wanted to destroy them as a nation.

half of the Soviet Union's population died 40,000,000 people, and you dare say that we have occupied something there? (I don't even want to discuss it) and how many Americans died? for it is written in your books that you defeated Hitler.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

we could drive Hitler to our border, in which case he would have destroyed Ukraine, Poland and others. he wanted to destroy them as a nation.

half of the Soviet Union's population died 40,000,000 people, and you dare say that we have occupied something there? (I don't even want to discuss it) and how many Americans died? for it is written in your books that you defeated Hitler.
    What is your point about Hitler? What exactly did he do that Russia has not done or is not doing?

And yes, I DARE. WWII ENDED in 1945. 70 years ago. Just how long does the rational mind think it's okay to take it out on the ancestors what their forefathers did? I mean, you enslaved nations until 1990 when you had to let them go because you couldn't afford them. You've forcefully driven people from their lands. You completely killed or deported to gulags over half the population of Latvia.

Where is it you are acting any differently than the man you so fear, Hitler?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks Drummond, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes Drummond, Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

What is your point about Hitler? What exactly did he do that Russia has not done or is not doing?

And yes, I DARE. WWII ENDED in 1945. 70 years ago. Just how long does the rational mind think it's okay to take it out on the ancestors what their forefathers did? I mean, you enslaved nations until 1990 when you had to let them go because you couldn't afford them. You've forcefully driven people from their lands. You completely killed or deported to gulags over half the population of Latvia.

Where is it you are acting any differently than the man you so fear, Hitler?
    you destroyed the Indians, you apologized for that?)))

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

you destroyed the Indians, you apologized for that?)))
    What is it with you Russians and the indians? I haven't destroyed a single one. Why are you living in the past? You have a post-WWII mindset and your justification for what you are doing NOW is some Americans killed some indians a century and a half ago? I'm not responsible for the mindset of people that were dead long before I was alive. I have no doubt for some reason you got your "history" on the Native Americans from John Wayne movies. That's the level you are talking on.

You know what I find ironic? The US and Russia are arguably the most powerful nations at this time. So we're arguing over Crimea and Syria, inconsequential in the big picture, while the "ants" (fundamental islamic extremists and China) are stealing the whole dame picnic from under our feet. Brilliant, that. I just didn't realize hw backwards-assed you think. No wonder we don't get along. Y'all are living in a world that disappeared 50 years ago. You're still worried about Nazi's and Native Americans.

8. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

What is it with you Russians and the indians? I haven't destroyed a single one. Why are you living in the past? You have a post-WWII mindset and your justification for what you are doing NOW is some Americans killed some indians a century and a half ago? I'm not responsible for the mindset of people that were dead long before I was alive. I have no doubt for some reason you got your "history" on the Native Americans from John Wayne movies. That's the level you are talking on.

You know what I find ironic? The US and Russia are arguably the most powerful nations at this time. So we're arguing over Crimea and Syria, inconsequential in the big picture, while the "ants" (fundamental islamic extremists and China) are stealing the whole dame picnic from under our feet. Brilliant, that. I just didn't realize hw backwards-assed you think. No wonder we don't get along. Y'all are living in a world that disappeared 50 years ago. You're still worried about Nazi's and Native Americans.
    you see that I put a smiley at the end. so it was that smile and all the little jokes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Guys, all of that Ukrainian shit is much more complicated. You just don't know, what is going on there.
    Not all, of cource, but a lot of Western Ukrainians actually support Hitler's ideas. A lot of them pay respect for Ukrainian Rebel Army, that used to fight against USSR.
    I have a friend, who was in Crimea, when all of that happened. And another friend was in Crimea after that. Peaceful region. People there really prefer Russia to Ukraine. Ukraine is a shitti state. I was there a long time ago, I remember And I was in Crimea, when it was in Ukraine. Regular folks complained, that Ukraine authorities forced teachers to use Ukrainian language, while they are teaching kids. But nobody actually knows Ukrainian there. Donbass and Crimea always used to speak Russian. And they do not want some western Ukrainians, who took the power by force, btw, tell them what to do, how they shoud live, why they shoud theach their children, that Ukrainian Rebel Army, the SS Division "Galichina" are heroes, while this guys killed their grandfathers.
    This is not a fucking RT propaganda, not TV-words. That is what I heard from people, who live and fight there. Without all that political shit. I'm talking about people now. Fuck politicians.

The Crimean actions was the only thing, that I supported. Because I think, that it is fair. Not because we made some geopolitical shit, but because we actually saved a lot of people. If we did not secure Crimea, than there, probably gonna be a slaughter too, just as it is in Donbass.

And again. You hear it from a person, who do not support any shit, our government is doing. Bunch of thiefes and mafia. Nothing more

11. Likes Papokarlo liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

oh, btw, I want to go to Crimea in summer, I will definitely gonna share some photos and my impressions with you

13. Thanks Gunny, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polite Russian View Post
    oh, btw, I want to go to Crimea in summer, I will definitely gonna share some photos and my impressions with you
    How and when did Ukraine take Crimea by force? Papokarlo stated Crimea was illegally given away by Brezhnev. Now you are saying it was taken by force by Ukraine.

Let's keep one thing in mind off from the top, I have little interest in the internal politics. People that think Hitler was a hero need their brains examined. The legal points I have made are from NATO and the UN. The accusation is theirs, and Ukraine's. It isn't that I'm trying to not have an opinion. It's that I'm trying to get the info to form one. Two sides of a story is better than one. Whether or not a peninsula in the Black Sea between Russia and Ukraine belongs to one of the other isn't of much importance to me.

The allegation by Ukraine, NATO and the UN is that Russia has illegally taken by force and annexed a portion of a sovereign nation. It doesn't seem Russia has presented any justification acceptable to any of the parties and they are now just met with Putin's belligerence.

So who exactly from Ukraine was part of the 3d Reich and were they because they wanted to be, or were they given little choice? I mean, stuck between "Join the 3rd Reich or die" and "Join the Soviet Army or die" doesn't seem like a very good place to find one's self in. What part of the country is that in? The West, I assume.

I don't see much as far as the language thing goes. At least for now, you have to speak English in this country and school is taught in English and whatever is left of our history is what is taught. Trust me, a lot of people don't like the BS the left teaches our children in school. They completely re-write history.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Interesting. One quarter of Soviet losses in WWII were Ukrainian. Russians forced Ukrainians to speak only Russian. So that's a turn about is fair play thing. I guess no one wants to lose their ethnicity.

It looks as though Ukraine was part of the Soviet Union since WWII, and prior to that split between Russia and Poland. Must have some nice real estate there for everyone to want to take it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

How and when did Ukraine take Crimea by force? Papokarlo stated Crimea was illegally given away by Brezhnev. Now you are saying it was taken by force by Ukraine.

Let's keep one thing in mind off from the top, I have little interest in the internal politics. People that think Hitler was a hero need their brains examined. The legal points I have made are from NATO and the UN. The accusation is theirs, and Ukraine's. It isn't that I'm trying to not have an opinion. It's that I'm trying to get the info to form one. Two sides of a story is better than one. Whether or not a peninsula in the Black Sea between Russia and Ukraine belongs to one of the other isn't of much importance to me.

The allegation by Ukraine, NATO and the UN is that Russia has illegally taken by force and annexed a portion of a sovereign nation. It doesn't seem Russia has presented any justification acceptable to any of the parties and they are now just met with Putin's belligerence.

So who exactly from Ukraine was part of the 3d Reich and were they because they wanted to be, or were they given little choice? I mean, stuck between "Join the 3rd Reich or die" and "Join the Soviet Army or die" doesn't seem like a very good place to find one's self in. What part of the country is that in? The West, I assume.

I don't see much as far as the language thing goes. At least for now, you have to speak English in this country and school is taught in English and whatever is left of our history is what is taught. Trust me, a lot of people don't like the BS the left teaches our children in school. They completely re-write history.

I dont remember being said, that Ukriane took Crimea by force. Papokarlo is right, it was given away by Brezhnev. And before that Ukraine ALLWAYS was a part of Russian Empire. The whole Russia starts from Ukraine. As we say here, Kiev - Mother of Russian Cities.

Look, I think, that USSR and Hiler both looks like a Nature's mistakes.

Well, we here see a lot about language I don't know how to explain.
    But just for example. Ukraine have a voulonteer batallion, called in the name of Johar Dudaev. The dude, who started all that stuff with chechen wars. If you want to find out about how chechens fought, just look at isis. No difference. And Johar Dudaev was a chechen leader. He and his field commanders, like Shamil Basaev responcible for a lot of terrorist attacks. And this guys are heroes. Ukrainian goernment support that battalion. They have the "Right Sector" battalions, who even do not hide their sympathy to Hitler (Marches with Torches included).

I'm not sayin, that Russia is the saint. Of cource not. But after what I have seen, what my friends have seen, I can't stand with sombody, who can call himself a Ukrainian patriot. As we say here, all good Ukrainians usually call themself Russians.

It's something about that times, when USSR draw borders of republicks. Ukraine consists of 3 parts. Western, Central and Eastern. On the East we have ethnical Russians. On the West - some mix of russian, polish and there is a land in Ukraine, called Halichina (or something like that, I don't know, honestly how to write it correctly on english). Central Ukraine usually just don't give a shit how to call themselves. But they usualy speak russian. I can mistake, but when I spoke to people from there, and ask how they identify themselfes, they usualy answer something like "I live in Ukraine, but I'm Russian".

And again. It is complicated. A lot of factors to notice.
    It's not just about evil Russia attacked poor Ukraine. There is an old conflict.
    Damn, it is hard to describe, using letters, it is easier to say.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Interesting. One quarter of Soviet losses in WWII were Ukrainian. Russians forced Ukrainians to speak only Russian. So that's a turn about is fair play thing. I guess no one wants to lose their ethnicity.

It looks as though Ukraine was part of the Soviet Union since WWII, and prior to that split between Russia and Poland. Must have some nice real estate there for everyone to want to take it.

Ukraine never was a country, untill Lenin and Co ruined Russian Empire and starts to draw new borders. So Lenin, practically, gave a birth to Ukraine. And as far as I know, nobody forced to speak Ukrainians only russian. But now Ukraine made some laws, that restrict to use russian on TV, and somwhere else.
    Last edited by Polite Russian; 03-16-2018 at 12:32 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

I dont remember being said, that Ukriane took Crimea by force. Papokarlo is right, it was given away by Brezhnev. And before that Ukraine ALLWAYS was a part of Russian Empire. The whole Russia starts from Ukraine. As we say here, Kiev - Mother of Russian Cities.
    To be precise not by Brezhnev, but by Khrushchev in 1954 with violation of Legislation.
    Indifferent alike to praise or blame
    Give heed, O Muse, but to the voice Divine
    Fearing not injury, nor seeking fame,
    Nor casting pearls to swine.
    (A.Pushkin)

19. Thanks Polite Russian, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Balu View Post
    To be precise not by Brezhnev, but by Khrushchev in 1954 with violation of Legislation.
    Can you provide the non-violation legislation that shows everything in Crimea is 100% legal, and accepting and binding by all sides?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

21. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Ukraine never was a country, untill Lenin and Co ruined Russian Empire and starts to draw new borders. So Lenin, practically, gave a birth to Ukraine. And as far as I know, nobody forced to speak Ukrainians only russian. But now Ukraine made some laws, that restrict to use russian on TV, and somwhere else.
    Ukraine was a country. Ukraine declared independence from Russia in 1991 and Russia did nothing. It was formally recognized by Boris Yeltsin as an independent nation on Dec 25, 1991. The Soviet Union was officially dissolved on 26 Dec 1991. Almost every country in the World recognized Ukraine's independence. Therein lies Russia's problem. It was recognized by the world as a sovereign nation, and has a permanent seat on the UN Security Council which was arranged by the US and the Soviet Union when the UN was first organized.

Lenin was the one that annexed Ukraine to the Soviet Union. When he died, Stalin basically starved Ukraine to death by taking all the wheat from them. They kept resisting his communist rule so he basically destroyed the population. Stalin was a nut case as bad or worse than Hitler. He just killed anyone that opposed him.

There's a history here http://www.historyplace.com/worldhis...ide/stalin.htm Just one of the things I read.

Are chechens muslims?

23. Thanks Drummond thanked this post