Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Papokarlo View Post
    BBC FAKE NEWS
    it seemed to me that you don't read bbc
    You think it's fake news ?

Well, from the link you yourself provided:

Nikita's dream is to become an entertainer. He wants to be like Ivan Urgant, a Russian late-night talk show host similar to Stephen Colbert or Jimmy Kimmel.

"But you can't speak freely on TV," he says. And censorship is not the only problem.

"We live in a feudal state here in Russia," Nikita says. "If I look for a good position after graduation, all the nice posts will be taken by well-connected sons."

I'll let you decide that one.

Perhaps Putin's 76% share of the vote came about, in part, anyway, because his opposition couldn't even get a fair hearing ?

And no doubt the Kremlin won't allow news to be broadcast they don't initially approve of (.. as if I had any doubts on that score !!).
    Last edited by Drummond; 03-19-2018 at 01:18 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    You think it's fake news ?

Well, from the link you yourself provided:

I'll let you decide that one.

Perhaps Putin's 76% share of the vote came about, in part, anyway, because his opposition couldn't even get a fair hearing ?

And no doubt the Kremlin won't allow news to be broadcast they don't initially approve of (.. as if I had any doubts on that score !!).
    opposition 2%
    you are not interested in the opinion of the majority of 76%, you are important opposition which received its 2%. the opposition says that the Crimea should be returned to Russia and the people of Russia says that it is not necessary to return the Crimea, on it votes for Putin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Hell no. I'm a bit older than you. Girls and I don't get along. It's not that I don't like them. They just get mad at me all the time

I don't even know what the American ones are pissed off at half the time and I CAN understand what they are saying. All I need is one I can't even understand WTF I'm getting bitched out about

5. Thanks Gunny, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Polite Russian liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Thanks aboutime, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

opposition 2%
    you are not interested in the opinion of the majority of 76%, you are important opposition which received its 2%. the opposition says that the Crimea should be returned to Russia and the people of Russia says that it is not necessary to return the Crimea, on it votes for Putin
    Ah. BUT, do that majority form 'their' views from what their highly controlled media tell them ?

I'm impressed by that 2% ! One in fifty, still manage to sift through the propaganda onslaught they're subjected to every day of their lives.

How many Russians understand that the wealth of their country - such as it is !! - is being used to create the best weapons and military hardware you can, at the expense of their own standard of living .. taken to the point of needless, gratuitous, deliberate, impoverishment ??

Not many, I'll bet .......

9. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Ah. BUT, do that majority form 'their' views from what their highly controlled media tell them ?

I'm impressed by that 2% ! One in fifty, still manage to sift through the propaganda onslaught they're subjected to every day of their lives.

How many Russians understand that the wealth of their country - such as it is !! - is being used to create the best weapons and military hardware you can, at the expense of their own standard of living .. taken to the point of needless, gratuitous, deliberate, impoverishment ??

Not many, I'll bet .......
    Russia does not need opposition, you do not know the psychology of Russians, we need Putin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Russia does not need opposition, you do not know the psychology of Russians, we need Putin
    What does your comment have to do with the post you responded to? Try and make sense, huh?

The psychology of Russians like you isn't hard to figure out at all. Sheep.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

12. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Gunny...from the way this guy sounds....

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    What does your comment have to do with the post you responded to? Try and make sense, huh?

The psychology of Russians like you isn't hard to figure out at all. Sheep.
    They are HURTING for Psychiatrists over there in Russia.

Like my father always said...."They need their Heads examined!"

I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

You are completely delusional.

Russia needs Putin, like Germany needed Hitler.

Hitler made promises to his people similar to those emanating from Putin. The need for Mother Russia to 'be strong', and the promise that he, as leader, will see to it that this happens. The promise to improve the standard of living under his leadership ... when in fact, our latest reports say that it's begun to decline (and wages in Russia are pitifully low in any case !!).

Putin's doing much as Hitler did -- pouring resources into his military. Add to that Putin's police State, and his obvious contempt for human life .. and I believe Putin is shaping up to be an ever bigger danger to world security, as time goes by.

If we in the West have a failing, in fact, I think you've identified it. We definitely do NOT know the psychology of Russians. I think, realistically, we can't conceive of it. We can't conceive of the lust for power that Putin has. We can't conceive of how Putin's police State is so completely not only accepted and fully tolerated, but how it is that anyone can genuinely approve of it !

I think this is true: the 'Might is Right' imperative is one that's become a national characteristic of Russian thinking. You genuinely subordinate other considerations to that single 'value'. We in the West will always struggle to see how better standards of decency and sheer humanity, to say nothing of a reverence for FREEDOM, don't predominate instead.

You people are downright scary.

15. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Any attempt at discussions with our RUSSIAN members is fruitless.

With regard to the Russian Propagandists here. This is what I am reminded of whenever you come here to rant uncontrollably about how wonderful Putin is for you.

Here is what you need to consider...I am convinced of, about YOU.

"You have been proving how it is Impossible to hold an Intelligent conversation with you, or anyone who has Little, If Any Intelligence!"
    So, this is for them.

17. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

You are completely delusional.

Russia needs Putin, like Germany needed Hitler.

Hitler made promises to his people similar to those emanating from Putin. The need for Mother Russia to 'be strong', and the promise that he, as leader, will see to it that this happens. The promise to improve the standard of living under his leadership ... when in fact, our latest reports say that it's begun to decline (and wages in Russia are pitifully low in any case !!).

Putin's doing much as Hitler did -- pouring resources into his military. Add to that Putin's police State, and his obvious contempt for human life .. and I believe Putin is shaping up to be an ever bigger danger to world security, as time goes by.

If we in the West have a failing, in fact, I think you've identified it. We definitely do NOT know the psychology of Russians. I think, realistically, we can't conceive of it. We can't conceive of the lust for power that Putin has. We can't conceive of how Putin's police State is so completely not only accepted and fully tolerated, but how it is that anyone can genuinely approve of it !

I think this is true: the 'Might is Right' imperative is one that's become a national characteristic of Russian thinking. You genuinely subordinate other considerations to that single 'value'. We in the West will always struggle to see how better standards of decency and sheer humanity, to say nothing of a reverence for FREEDOM, don't predominate instead.

You people are downright scary.
    I was thinking about this earlier. Lots of time for that when running. Probably make Hitler roll over in his grave to know that HE "made" Stalin and the USSR. Stalin was just another low-rent, 3d world dictator until Hitler made him famous and more importantly, a so-called "ally" of the US and Western Europe.

Hitler came out of WWII with the 3rd Reich and Germany in ruins and himself dead. Stalin came out with Eastern Europe to include half of Germany, a "hero" and "ally" and the second most powerful military in the world. Stalin was everything Hitler had hoped to be. Stalin even murdered as many of his own people as Hitler had wished he could have. Stalin killed more Russians than Germany did.

Just a thought. Hitler's ghost must be pissed

19. Thanks aboutime, Drummond, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

40% of the world's population doesn't think so, it's BRICs and SOO countries, we will soon stop paying attention to your screeching
    Bottom line: you'll only listen to what you choose to. You'll only learn when you choose to. Your beliefs are what you choose, rather than having any basis in reality.

We all know this.

You're wedded to your country's propaganda. You're loyal to whatever fascistic crap your leaders tell you it's 'right' to follow. Reality ? To you, it's in the eye of the beholder, and only as absolute as you'd prefer it to be.

We have a word for such perceptual selectivity, with an entire psychology only seeing what it chooses, being blind and deaf to everything else.

The word is ..... INSANITY.

However, we understand that this (like so much else) is something you'd never choose to see. So, what would your word be, instead ?

I know.

RUSSIA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Anybody NOTICE something?

After the Terrorist, Dictator won his election...AGAIN. Our Russian members must be hiding somewhere after we proved PUTIN had won...BEFORE THE ELECTION.

Last edited by aboutime; 03-21-2018 at 09:10 PM.
    So, this is for them.

22. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post