Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Florida shooting: US high school students stage mass walkout

Students and school staff across the US are commemorating the Florida school shootings with a walkout, exactly one month after the killings.
    They are stopping lessons for 17 minutes in memory of the 17 people killed at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.
    Pupils at the school, which was targeted by a former student, hugged each other on the football field.
    Protest organisers accuse Congress of failing to tackle gun violence.
    The White House revealed a plan this week to deter school shootings which does not include President Donald Trump's repeated calls to raise the age for buying semi-automatic rifles to 21.
    Instead, it moves ahead with his controversial proposal to provide firearms training to school employees.
    cont ...http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43402077

Must be nice to be young and dumb and think you matter. Oh wait ... if you're young and dumb in the US overreactive political hacks WILL listen and hype your issue.

Why is it more and more the left endows Rights on children who don't even understand them, without explaining the responsibilities that go with them?

I bet if students walked out in protest of abortion they'd be expelled from school, and crucified in the media.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Russ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

Must be nice to be young and dumb and think you matter. Oh wait ... if you're young and dumb in the US overreactive political hacks WILL listen and hype your issue.

Why is it more and more the left endows Rights on children who don't even understand them, without explaining the responsibilities that go with them?

I bet if students walked out in protest of abortion they'd be expelled from school, and crucified in the media.
    Are students being abortioned to death in schools?
    Last edited by pete311; 03-14-2018 at 07:25 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    They never get the chance to go to school and get shot.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I agree 100%, Gunny.

These ridiculous "student protesters" are helping nothing, and the liberal media that treats them like little darlings is just enabling them to feel self-important and self-righteously angry about subjects they don't even fully understand.

Now we're all stuck with millions of self-righteous tweens that think they deserve to drive our national gun policy, and when gun policy is over they will move on to some other policy. And I'll bet half of them now think that their career should be "protester", instead of getting a real job where they have to actually do some productive work. The world doesn't need any more protesters; we already have way too many and they add virtually nothing to this world. They are 99% dead weight.

I am going to guess right now that the small percentage of walkout students that know what the word "resume'" means have already updated theirs to say "activist" as the objective. Or more likely "aktivist".
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

6. Thanks Gunny, Elessar, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I agree 100%, Gunny.

These ridiculous "student protesters" are helping nothing, and the liberal media that treats them like little darlings is just enabling them to feel self-important and self-righteously angry about subjects they don't even fully understand.

Now we're all stuck with millions of self-righteous tweens that think they deserve to drive our national gun policy, and when gun policy is over the will move on to some other policy. And I'll bet half of them now think that their career should now be "protester", instead of getting a real job where they have to actually do some productive work. The world doesn't need any more protesters; we already have way to many and they add virtually nothing to this world. They are 99% dead weight.

I going to guess right now that the small percentage of walkout students that know what the word "resume" means have already update theirs to say "activist" as the objective. Or more likely "aktivist".
    Oh they are comparing themselves to Vietnam War protesters . The way I see it, your average 18 years old now is the equivalent maturity-wise to a 12 year old in 1969. And I AM being gracious.

8. Thanks Abbey Marie, Russ thanked this post
    Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

So you are calling for more apathetic students who couldn't give a shit about civic duties. Got it! They can't win. Either they are lazy and play to many video games or are too engaged and should learn their place...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Nope, but there are about 55 million or so that could have been educated, that never had the chance. Maybe if the kids are TAUGHT and then protested, or at least brought awareness to the issue, even both sides, then I would respect more. But being lead in a direction based on other liberals, being clueless to history and the actual issues, and being knowledgeable about guns themselves.

Teach them about abortion, the losses, the whys.... have them understand the millions of losses. But they don't protest in the slightest bit, which is because the schools don't barely touch it, and poor parenting, IMO.

So you are calling for more apathetic students who couldn't give a shit about civic duties. Got it! They can't win. Either they are lazy and play to many video games or are too engaged and should learn their place...
    One can be civic minded, and not walk out of school on leashes to the complaint of the day. I'd rather they skipped school for an entire month, and go to an off school seminar somewhere to enjoy some R&R and actually be taught FACTS on the issues.

YOU want it YOUR way, and will then make the other side sound silly or dumb, instead of realizing there IS another side. A side that KNOWS that guns are inanimate objects, objects that never had mass shootings in history until a certain time in history, something changed, but it wasn't the guns. And a side that has sympathy for the loss of so many aborted lives.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

11. Thanks Gunny, Russ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yawnn! Just more of the liberal "Blame the Object and not the Person" thinking.

They should be marching to ban automobiles. More people are killed by motor vehicles.

Maybe march to ban sharp edged objects. Lots of people are stabbed to death.

March to ban hammers. People get bludgeoned to death.

Common Denominator of all the Above?

Each and every one is an inanimate object that needs a human to operate it.
    Last edited by Elessar; 03-19-2018 at 09:13 AM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

13. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post

They should be marching to ban automobiles. More people are killed by motor vehicles.

Honestly, I can't help but believe that MANY liberals KNOW this already. So many can't be so stupid. They are passionate as well, but then use that passion to make choices, without actually peeling back the layers and actually being knowledgeable, instead of knowingly ignorant.

How many times does a liberal need to see photos and paragraphs, showing that its a FACT that the AR15 is NOT an assault rifle, and that it's the same as grandpa's rifle, just "scarier" looking. But nope, always back to "assault" and always back to wanting to ban things without even acknowledging grandpa's rifle. They just want to ban something, anything, so that they can say they banned something against the wish of conservatives. Either that, or there truly are a lot of idiots out there!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

15. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

When did being stupid and allowing your emotions to control your actions become a civic duty? I also wasn't aware children had civic duties to be disobedient and unlawful.

Must be something the left thought up.

17. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post

More PEOPLE are murdered by abortion.

19. Thanks Elessar, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Students at a local Catholic school are organizing (read: being organized into) a walkout protest over the firing of their principal. Is that also their civic duty? I say it's barely even their business. Go sit down and learn something- this same high school was a YouTube sensation when its female students signed a petition to "Stop Womens' Suffrage". They had no clue what it meant, lol.

I am seeing firsthand in a FB local Moms group that these kids are being led and enabled by their lib parents. Moms are even asking the rest of us to fund a trip to D.C. for these kids to protest. Yeah, nothing like getting your parents to " help" you protest.

It is becoming a thing now. No turning back I presume.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

21. Thanks Gunny, Russ, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Students at a local Catholic school are organizing (read: being organized into) a walkout protest over the firing of their principal. Is that also their civic duty? I say it's barely even their business. Go sit down and learn something- this same high school was a YouTube sensation when its female students signed a petition to "Stop Womens' Suffrage". They had no clue what it meant, lol.

I am seeing firsthand in a FB local Moms group that these kids are being led and enabled by their lib parents. Moms are even asking the rest of us to fund a trip to D.C. for these kids to protest. Yeah, nothing like getting your parents to " help" you protest.

It is becoming a thing now. No turning back I presume.
    "Stop Women's Suffrage" huh?

I am really beginning to think leftwingnut children should be taken away from their parents for their own good. And sanity. They are being taught nothing to actually get them through life. I don't even think they consider mommy and daddy die one day and you have to take care of yourself.

As opposed to when I was a kid we couldn't wait to get a job, and couldn't wait to get out of the house. Our parents couldn't wait for either as well so we could start pulling our weight.

Now? If you plan on having kids be sure when you buy a house it has a finished basement

23. Thanks Russ, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

"Stop Women's Suffrage" huh?

I am really beginning to think leftwingnut children should be taken away from their parents for their own good. And sanity. They are being taught nothing to actually get them through life. I don't even think they consider mommy and daddy die one day and you have to take care of yourself.

As opposed to when I was a kid we couldn't wait to get a job, and couldn't wait to get out of the house. Our parents couldn't wait for either as well so we could start pulling our weight.

Now? If you plan on having kids be sure when you buy a house it has a finished basement

Truth. Everything you just said.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

25. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Totally missed the point, Pete. I don't want apathetic students. I want students that are willing to work hard, and that strive to excel.

I actually consider the apathetic students to be among the first students to want to go on a walkout. A day off from school, and a chance to jump around and howl in the streets, while holding a misspelled sign toward the news camera.

Possibly worse are the ones that are only interested because they want to be on TV.

The students that really want to change things for the better are less than 1% of that stupid walkout.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

27. Thanks Gunny, Abbey Marie thanked this post