Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Default Fox News's abhorrent 180 turn on meeting with north korea.

Save your boilerplate responses especially if you don't even watch the video.

Here is the difference in how Fox New's reacts to Obama wanting to meet North Korea vs Trump. You tell me there isn't extreme bias

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/stat...50928714747906

Again, I know it's coming, but save me the usual responses. I know I can't stop them because you're robots. Maybe please just don't post memes. Is that too much to ask?
    Last edited by pete311; 03-16-2018 at 10:15 AM.

2. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Likes revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post

Here is the difference in how Fox New's reacts to Obama wanting to meet North Korea vs Trump. You tell me there isn't extreme bias

Again, I know it's coming, but save me the usual responses. I know I can't stop them because you're robots. Maybe please just don't post memes. Is that too much to ask?
    Boilerplate response: Instead of just posting links and a one liner, or a video and a couple of lines that have more to do with your anger management problem than the topic. why don't you instead post the cliff notes of what the Hell you're talking about instead of expecting everyone to follow you around the net?

Probably too much to ask
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Why do you even post here? If you know you will get the usual response, what is the point? I don't understand the intent. You sure are not going to convert anyone here. That makes me suspect you get some perverse pleasure from trolling....
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

6. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Why do you even post here? If you know you will get the usual response, what is the point? I don't understand the intent. You sure are not going to convert anyone here. That makes me suspect you get some perverse pleasure from trolling....
    That's exactly what he's doing here. He comes here to stir the pot.

You EVER see him get into a meaningful debate with anyone and defend the garbage he posts here? No. Debate or discussion is the last thing he wants.

He drops his little leftist bombs and then we don't see him again until his next little propaganda bomb.

And you guessed it, he thinks he's being slick. Post some leftist trash and watch the conservatives erupt... ha, ha, ha.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-16-2018 at 12:55 PM.

8. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Pete CAN contribute if he wants, but mostly chooses one liners, or posting a link thinking he somehow "wins" on links and one liners and is all kinds of proud of himself. And funny when folks don't post for 5-6 months or more, don''t like it here apparently, and pop on to like and thank the trolling and other crap.

It would be nice when links are posted, with a nice paragraph from the person posting, maybe hold their opinion in their about the article, maybe a tidbit about the article so others know what it's about. I'm not perfect, but I try to do just that mostly. But some prefer the one liners and starting the 'fighting' or dismissing right from post #1, while telling the others not to do just that at the same time. Kinda odd folks.

As to the video - ABSOLUTELY - it shows bias about similar agendas between Obama and Trump. Now, I think with NK being surrounded by warships, and things where they are, meeting with a dictator to find a solution at this point is a tad more important. But YES, without hesitation, IT SHOWS BIAS. So there, Pete and Revelarts, is that what you want, or didn't think you would see? OF COURSE Fox is biased. I don't think NEARLY as much as the liberal MSM which envelopes 90% of our MSM - the MSM that you guys never are here writing about, nor responding about when I bring it up all the time, for years. But NOW, you pop out a bias video towards Fox, and want to point fingers as if the conservatives here are the sheep ignoring the bias from the 90%, the LIES, the ADMISSIONS of these LIES and the CHEATING from these places. Whatever, I say you can eat a bowl and a bag of dicks.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post

You EVER see him get into a meaningful debate with anyone and defend the garbage he posts here? No. Debate or discussion is the last thing he wants.

He drops his little leftist bombs and then we don't see him again until his next little propaganda bomb.

And you guessed it, he thinks he's being slick. Post some leftist trash and watch the conservatives erupt... ha, ha, ha.
    You are a relatively young member. I spent years in full debate mode before you were here and it was not productive. So I don't waste my time now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Even rocks can be chipped away at. Enclaves of festering groupthink is dangerous.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

You are a relatively young member. I spent years in full debate mode before you were here and it was not productive. So I don't waste my time now.
    He's not a young member.

I'd personally like to see some sort of list where you have went into this full debate mode - WITH ME - when I have posted 'many paragraph' style posts defending my position in posts directed at or replying to you. I just don't recall seeing it my friend.

But there is zero doubt, even if you completely detest my posts and opinions, there is no doubt that I often go into full debate mode and give it my all and spend time. I WISH you would do that, with folks that are taking the time in return. I know at least Gunny spends some time in posts, to you and others.

And YEARS in full debate mode? Where the F was I when this happened? You sure it wasn't another website?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    He's not a young member.

I'd personally like to see some sort of list where you have went into this full debate mode - WITH ME - when I have posted 'many paragraph' style posts defending my position in posts directed at or replying to you. I just don't recall seeing it my friend.

But there is zero doubt, even if you completely detest my posts and opinions, there is no doubt that I often go into full debate mode and give it my all and spend time. I WISH you would do that, with folks that are taking the time in return. I know at least Gunny spends some time in posts, to you and others.

And YEARS in full debate mode? Where the F was I when this happened? You sure it wasn't another website?
    He joined in 2015, I joined in 2010. You remember back then? I remember going page and pages long into debate only to go in circles.
    Last edited by pete311; 03-16-2018 at 03:06 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

There are also at least a few members who post nothing but insults and meme images, but do they get called out, of course not. They're in the good ol boys club. Let's pick on pete for not doing hours of research and let the others get away with insults and meme images every post. That is why I no longer debate.
    Last edited by pete311; 03-16-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

He joined in 2015, I joined in 2010. You remember back then? I remember going page and pages long into debate only to go in circles.
    Tsk tsk. Pale Rider aka High Plains Drifter has been around at least since 03. He was a member of the original USMB when I joined. I think. I'm sure Jimbob is going to lay some dates on you . Anyway, he's been around for most of that time.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

There are also at least a few members who post nothing but insults and meme images, but do they get called out, of course not. They're in the good ol boys club. Let's pick on pete for not doing hours of research and let the others get away with insults and meme images every post. That is why I no longer debate.
    What research? I give you reasonable answers. If you don't like my manners, sorry. I can't speak for what anyone else does. If you have a problem, you should knw by now who to go to with it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

You are strange one, Pete.

If you do not want responses, discussion, or comparisons - why even bother posting something?

Do you expect people to roll over dead just because you use your snide remarks?
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

That video was stupid. A couple of minutes of my life I won't get back. I guess there was a point to it? Oh. I don't watch Fox News. Haven't in a couple of years. I don't even know what channel it is. I ran across it by accident once though if it makes you feel better, Pete.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I know you aren't aware, due to name changes and what not, but High Plains Drifter has been a known member for a very long time to many of us, going back to USMB. But there's no way you should have known that.

I honestly don't ever remember going into full debates with you, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. I'd have to look, but I suppose I'd rather just take your word for it. I would MUCH rather discuss something with someone, offer our passionate opinions and what not, and maybe run in circles - as opposed to one liners and/or simply all sarcasm or no debating really at all.

I said a million times, that at least reply to folks in kind. If someone is a jerk to you, well then I can't get upset if you treat them similarly. But if someone invests some time, and treats you respectfully, then why not do similar in return? Instead of being a general all around jackass of sorts? I'm pretty confident, that even with some sarcasm sprinkled in there, there are quite a few that would spend some time to have some discussions with you at times, even if we know ahead of time we disagree. Or even if we did that like 20% of the time, better than no % of the time.

22. Thanks Gunny thanked this post